Silly Pats Fans

disco

I'm a member of PatsFans.com....sort of. I joined following their Super Bowl loss to congratulate them on their 18-1* record and was immediately banned.

Thankfully, I still get their update emails. Here's a classic from last night:

"PatsFans.com Back Up. Just a quick note to let you know the forum is back up and running. We attempted to due a software upgrade around 2am ET and ended up having to shut the server down while we ran a back-up, followed by a restore which required some additional settings. Technical support has corrected the issue and we're back up, and I apologize for the inconvenience. Please contact me at Ian@Patsfans.com if you need to reach me, as the e-mail address this was sent from doesn't accept responses."

Talk about a butchering of the English language. Specifically, I enjoyed the attempt to "due a software upgrade."

I'm a member of PatsFans.com....sort of. I joined following their Super Bowl loss to congratulate them on their 18-1* record and was immediately banned.

Thankfully, I still get their update emails. Here's a classic from last night:

"PatsFans.com Back Up. Just a quick note to let you know the forum is back up and running. We attempted to due a software upgrade around 2am ET and ended up having to shut the server down while we ran a back-up, followed by a restore which required some additional settings. Technical support has corrected the issue and we're back up, and I apologize for the inconvenience. Please contact me at Ian@Patsfans.com if you need to reach me, as the e-mail address this was sent from doesn't accept responses."

Talk about a butchering of the English language. Specifically, I enjoyed the attempt to "due a software upgrade."

I'm still a member there--as you'd expect, there are some real pieces of work there, but there are also some decent sorts. Let's just say I annoyed the h*ll out of them all on Spygate, which was worth the price of admission. They really are blind as to how the rest of the League views them and their team. Many of them just don't care--as long as they're winning it doesn't matter how they're doing it. Blind faith in Belicheat and Kraft are the order of the day. Anyone who sings even a slightly different tune is tarred and feathered (I was twice banned myself, but that doesn't stop one from just re-signing up). I've never seen such a fascistic jackbooted bunch of mods in that regard.

It was pretty funny over there in the run up to the SB--my favorite was a thread titled "Who Else Smells a Blowout?". Talk about arrogance. Karma's a beatch, as they say, but even I left them alone after that game and only bring it up when they get a little out of hand or uppity. Like I said, there are some decent sorts there, even if you have to look hard to find them......

Blind faith in Belicheat and Kraft are the order of the day. Anyone who sings even a slightly different tune is tarred and feathered (I was twice banned myself, but that doesn't stop one from just re-signing up). I've never seen such a fascistic jackbooted bunch of mods in that regard.

it is fascinating over there - they have a much higher proportion of idiots than any other teams board I've been to. You can't have a legitimate conversation. You think our fans are thin skinned here, they have us by a mile.

What New England sports fans need is a healthy dose of "suck." They have it so good now with three of their teams winning titles that they just expect it now. If a Boston teams doesn't win a title (Bruins excepted) than the whole season is a failure. Red Sox fans used to to be lovable when their team kept falling short, Now they are insufferable. It actually makes me wish the Yankees would rise up and humiliate them like they used to.

PTR

What New England sports fans need is a healthy dose of "suck." They have it so good now with three of their teams winning titles that they just expect it now. If a Boston teams doesn't win a title (Bruins excepted) than the whole season is a failure. Red Sox fans used to to be lovable when their team kept falling short, Now they are insufferable. It actually makes me wish the Yankees would rise up and humiliate them like they used to.

PTR

Me, too, and I hate the Yankees....

PTR

I realize that many of you think that there were no New England sports fans prior to 2001 or even 1986 but for many of us, we've put up with many years of suck and many years of absolute heartbreak. If any fanbase can empathize with that I'd think it would be Bills fans and Cubs fans. Now that we've reached the promised land in 3 of our 4 franchises, its a different story and that old attitude of "how can we blow this now" has been replaced with a certain level of confidence as our teams have shown us that they can do it. Is that smugness or arrogance? I'm not sure. I do know thats probably how its perceived by fans of other teams as no one wants to see success of a rival team when their team is struggling.

Just as quickly as our success arrived, it can depart. I understand that so I'm enjoying this run while it lasts.

I realize that many of you think that there were no New England sports fans prior to 2001 or even 1986 but for many of us, we've put up with many years of suck and many years of absolute heartbreak. If any fanbase can empathize with that I'd think it would be Bills fans and Cubs fans. Now that we've reached the promised land in 3 of our 4 franchises, its a different story and that old attitude of "how can we blow this now" has been replaced with a certain level of confidence as our teams have shown us that they can do it. Is that smugness or arrogance? I'm not sure. I do know thats probably how its perceived by fans of other teams as no one wants to see success of a rival team when their team is struggling.

Just as quickly as our success arrived, it can depart. I understand that so I'm enjoying this run while it lasts.

Go enjoy it in silence and solitude.

Speaking just for me, welcome to the Board, Bill. Your post was well thought out and appreciated. I don't have a problem with Pats fans per se, but mainly the arrogant homer types who believe their team does no wrong and will be winning forever (most of those folks, as you point out, may not have lived through the lean years in Boston). You're welcome here to discuss the Bills and football in general, including the Pats.

I realize that many of you think that there were no New England sports fans prior to 2001 or even 1986 but for many of us, we've put up with many years of suck and many years of absolute heartbreak.

We get that completely- but the posters in this forum claiming to represent the Pats* have been nearly wholly of the group whose first Pat's* jersey says Brady* on the reverse.

We can use posters from other teams who've actually been their fans for life, like most of us on this board. We've had good contributions over the years from other team fans, but the current crop of Pat's* fan "contributions" has been a bunch of know-nothing garbage from bandwagoneers who will move on to their next favorite team in the near future. Stick around and we might find some football to talk about.

Speaking just for me, welcome to the Board, Bill. Your post was well thought out and appreciated. I don't have a problem with Pats fans per se, but mainly the arrogant homer types who believe their team does no wrong and will be winning forever (most of those folks, as you point out, may not have lived through the lean years in Boston). You're welcome here to discuss the Bills and football in general, including the Pats.

I get that. In fact I was sickened to hear a story about some idiotic 20 year old dude up in Chatham MA that beat up a dude in front of his family because he had New York license plates and the gist of it was he did it because he thought the guy was a Yankees fan.

First off, WHO CARES if he is a Yankees fan? Just because the teams are rivals doesnt mean we have to immediately resort to violence and they were out near the Cape, not at Fenway or Yankee Stadium.

Secondly, that dude was 20. Meaning he was just a 16 year old boy when the Sox won the W.S. He didnt go through the years and years of heartbreak wondering if they were going to win it in their LIFETIME like many of us.

I mean, WTF?