Travis will start in healthy -say Mularkey

millbank

willis's ypc now is at 4.1 compared to travis's 3.7 now.  and if the line is "regresssing" so much in the run blocking how in the hell did he run for 100+ yards yesterday?

74987[/snapback]

And I also wonder if the offense stretching the field recently would have contributed to Willis' success yesterday.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Like i said twice in this thread already, if Henry had the same opporitunity yesterday, he would have had similiar results.

75007[/snapback]

i see what you're saying. ya see though henry did have that opportunity against the jags, pats, jets and the raiders. what makes you think he would have faried any better yesterday?

i see what you're saying.  ya see though henry did have that opportunity against the jags, pats, jets and the raiders.  what makes you think he would have faried any better yesterday?

75022[/snapback]

I think the success in the passing game yesterday may have also helped.

Could any one of you describe to me the play where willis scored yesterday with that nose for the endzone?

75012[/snapback]

No, but I can explain to you how he converted 3rd and 3 without falling flat on his face.

And I can explain how he converted third downs in the passing game without running the wrong route.

And I can explain how he didn't blow any blocking assignments that got Bledsoe clobbered so bad that he fumbled the ball and it was returned for a TD.

No, but I can explain to you how he converted 3rd and 3 without falling flat on his face.

And I can explain how he converted third downs in the passing game without running the wrong route.

And I can explain how he didn't blow any blocking assignments that got Bledsoe clobbered so bad that he fumbled the ball and it was returned for a TD.

75029[/snapback]

Again....answer my question...because all i have heard for the last few week is when we get inside the 5 give it to Willis because he WILL score. And....how many attempts? How many TDs?

If we had an experienced coach, Travis would have one rushing TD since the replay shows that he did in fact score. Oops? Challenge? What's that?

Again....answer my question...because all i have heard for the last few week is when we get inside the 5 give it to Willis because he WILL score.  And....how many attempts?  How many TDs?

If we had an experienced coach, Travis would have one rushing TD since the replay shows that he did in fact score.  Oops? Challenge?  What's that?

75035[/snapback]

So neither RB has scored a TD, so they're equal there (for what it's worth, I believe that McGahee broke the plane of the end zone on his last carry).

But one guy is averaging 4 yards a carry. One guy hasn't tripped over his own feet. One guy actually has picked up blockers. One guy hasn't run the wrong way on handoffs. And one guy hasn't run the wrong route on screen passes.

Travis needs to get his act together, because his play is costing him his job this year.

So neither RB has scored a TD, so they're equal there (for what it's worth, I believe that McGahee broke the plane of the end zone on his last carry).

But one guy is averaging 4 yards a carry.  One guy hasn't tripped over his own feet.  One guy actually has picked up blockers.  One guy hasn't run the wrong way on handoffs.  And one guy hasn't run the wrong route on screen passes.

Travis needs to get his act together, because his play is costing him his job this year.

75046[/snapback]

Really Coach Malarkey? You know that for sure? If he is so bad, and made all of those mistakes that are clearly his fault, why has our coaching staff not taken action? Could it be that the blame you lay at his feet isn't correct or shared in their view......nah....can't be.

Again....answer my question...because all i have heard for the last few week is when we get inside the 5 give it to Willis because he WILL score.  And....how many attempts?  How many TDs?

If we had an experienced coach, Travis would have one rushing TD since the replay shows that he did in fact score.  Oops? Challenge?  What's that?

75035[/snapback]

So we are going to totally discount the stuff that Travis Henry has screwed up on so far this year?

But one guy is averaging 4 yards a carry.  One guy hasn't tripped over his own feet.  One guy actually has picked up blockers.  One guy hasn't run the wrong way on handoffs.  And one guy hasn't run the wrong route on screen passes.

75046[/snapback]

That RB is averaging 4 ypc, but it is only less than half a yard better than the other......negligible difference

Maybe Dallas agreed to trade us as long as the draft pick was in the top 5.  Since with Willis in we seem to win, MM has to bench him.

75048[/snapback]

had the Defense not scored 7, would we have won? Seeing as we had to settle for 3 from inside the 5. Explain that, you mean to tell with two, count em, two chances inside the 5, Willis didn't score? Say it ain't so, Joe!

I cant believe I am making this arguement because I dont dislike Travis Henry.....but....

That 1/2 yard you speak of......it adds up my fellow bills brethren....

75057[/snapback]

Oh come on John, you know better than that. You can't compare those numbers because you are talking about a 1 game snapshot. Travis was avering over 6.5 in a game through 3 quarters....the circumstances skew the numbers.

had the Defense not scored 7, would we have won?  Seeing as we had to settle for 3 from inside the 5.  Explain that, you mean to tell with two, count em, two chances inside the 5, Willis didn't score?  Say it ain't so, Joe!

75054[/snapback]

The Bills ended up the game on the quarter inch line, thanks to McGahee's work on the 95 yard drive. They would have won the game without the defensive TD.

I cant believe I am making this arguement because I dont dislike Travis Henry.....but....

That 1/2 yard you speak of......it adds up my fellow bills brethren....

75057[/snapback]

I see your point about the half yard adding up, but on the average thats 3rd and two compared to 3rd and 3. In both situations we are a Bledsoe incompletion away from a punt.

:lol:

Oh come on John, you know better than that.  You can't compare those numbers because you are talking about a 1 game snapshot.  Travis was avering over 6.5 in a game through 3 quarters....the circumstances skew the numbers.

75062[/snapback]

Garranimal...

I dont know if you can see it or not....but the Travis Henry of this year is not the same of last year....there is something different in the way he plays and his production.....

Now...I am quite certain that a lot of it has to do with him looking over his shoulder......he has no patience or vision when he runs right now....just trying to bowl the whole defense over on his way to the end zone....no patience at all....no attempting to take the correct hole.......right now he is Amos Zeroue of the Raiders.....

And one other thing...it appears to me that he got so self concious about his speed that he took too much weight off.....the Travis Henry that would take a vicious hit and shed it and keep going isn't playing right now.....this is a Travis Henry is is so light that the force of the blow knocks him off balance and down......

People can blame that on the drafting of WM if they want to....but the competition doesn't seem to be effecting WM's play towards anything but the positive.....

Could any one of you describe to me the play where willis scored yesterday with that nose for the endzone?

75012[/snapback]

He didn't score. But, intelligent football people don't judge runningbacks on fantasy football numbers.

They judge them on their ability to gain yards, get first downs, and hold onto the ball for 13 minutes and change in the forth quarter draining any chance the opposing team had at tying the game.