What's with this TH still the starter crap?

1billsfan

In one game that the Bills WON! Hello???? Isn't that what we were waiting for? McGahee took the ball in the forth quater and almost single handedly dragged this team into the "W" column. Travis literally helped this team lose games in the forth quater. TH had 4 WEEKS to show he can be counted on and tripped on it. We are not bashing Henry for being a bad player or not trying. We just think starting WM is in the Bills best interest if we are looking to win games. TH's stumbling, dropped balls and blown blocking assignments are a fact. Why do we owe TH another shot at starting after his poor performances this season? I don't know about you but I want the Bills to win games, not take care of egos.

74854[/snapback]

I find it funny....

But if Henry had started yesterday...and had the same exact results...

This is how posts would look like today...

"TH had an average game and we won despite of his poor running in the 1st half...

They would be harping on

......how he got stuffed on the goaline....

......how he missed a block that resulted in a sack at our end of the field

......how he slipped on two running plays

......how he fell on a screen play

......how he dropped a pass out in the flat

No doubt he is tough runner but he just to dumb to put a complete game together...."

Its sad but its the truth...

In one game you can assess that???? I saw a dropped pass.  Where are the criticisms for that?  Look, the reality is that E. Moulds has had a dropped pass in EVERY game (or so it seems).  Nobody harps on that.  TH is this board's second whipping boy (second to Drew Bledsoe) and most of the comments are generalizations.  Willis had a good game, against a very bad team who gave the ball back alot.  Having two good backs is a blessing, but on this board you would think that there can be only one RB on this team. It just makes zero sense to me.

Travis is a guy who has played over his expectations (by draft pick i mean) or at least to expectations.....it is a hell of lot easier to find guys who haven't even come close. But blaming one guy is the trend. 

I find it humorous that this is the same board of people who defended RJ when somehow the line got mysteriously worse everytime he played.  Yet when he was replaced by a short player to be named later, the sacks went away.  I guess rationality and fan(aticism) do not ever meet.

74710[/snapback]

The bottom line is that Magehee put this team on his back in the 4th quarter and gave Miami no chance of coming back.....

Henry when put into the same situation screwed the pooch.....

It really is that simple

I find it funny....

"TH had an average game and we won despite of his poor running in the 1st half...

They would be harping on

No doubt he is tough runner but he just to dumb to put a complete game together...."

74901[/snapback]

The problem is that Henry does make those mistakes and we did not have the same result in the 1st 3 games......

The bottom line is that Magehee put this team on his back in the 4th quarter and gave Miami no chance of coming back.....

Henry when put into the same situation screwed the pooch.....

It really is that simple

74955[/snapback]

In what game have we had the same situation in the 4th quarter?? Only one and that was vs Jacksonville were we lost to a dumb penalty on that clock killing drive...

No other game did we have the same situation that we had vs Miami.....a lead going into the 4th....This game we did and Mcgahee did his job and ran hard, end result we won....

So all the faults Mcgahee had in this game can be look past cause he got the job done in the 4th....

I'll say it again if Henry did the same(which he has in the past), people on this board would be harping on how bad he did in the 1st half, plus not getting in on the goalline and saying it shouldnt even have been a game had he done better in the first two and half quarters....and we won despite of him....

It's sad some people dont recognize we have two solid backs on this team....

USE THEM BOTH............

I find it funny....

They would be harping on

74901[/snapback]

I don't care about hypotheticals like "if Henry had the same numbers", he hasn't. End of story.

It's sad for Henry he has not been able to perform like he has done in the past, but it's a happy day for Bills fans we have Willis.

Trying to keep two RBs happy will not work, and we all know it.

In what game have we had the same situation in the 4th quarter??  Only one and that was vs Jacksonville were we lost to a dumb penalty on that clock killing drive...

No other game did we have the same situation that we had vs Miami.....a lead going into the 4th....This game we did and Mcgahee did his job and ran hard, end result we won....

So all the faults Mcgahee had in this game can be look past cause he got the job done in the 4th....

I'll say it again if Henry did the same(which he has in the past), people on this board would be harping on how bad he did in the 1st half, plus not getting in on the goalline and saying it shouldnt even have been a game had he done better in the first two and half quarters....and we won despite of him....

It's sad some people dont recognize we have two solid backs on this team....

USE THEM BOTH............

74989[/snapback]

Yeah, and in that Jax game, McGahee was the runner in the 4th quarter, as Henry was out with an injury.

The Bills ran a bunch of successful plays outside the tackle yesterday, the same plays that Henry looked terrible running against the Jets, which leads me to believe that Henry couldn't run the same plays that McGahee did against the Dolphins.

The Bills should use them both, but McGahee's play this season makes him the starter. I would hope that, in response, Henry would use the challenge to improve his mediocre play this season. We'll see.

Yeah, and in that Jax game, McGahee was the runner in the 4th quarter, as Henry was out with an injury.

The Bills ran a bunch of successful plays outside the tackle yesterday, the same plays that Henry looked terrible running against the Jets, which leads me to believe that Henry couldn't run the same plays that McGahee did against the Dolphins.

The Bills should use them both, but McGahee's play this season makes him the starter.  I would hope that, in response, Henry would use the challenge to improve his mediocre play this season.  We'll see.

75058[/snapback]

Like i said before....Mcgahee is our future...there no doubt about that....but we got two good backs on our squad right now....Why does one have to play and the other have to ride the bench......

Put them both in...Use them both.....

I think Willis gives us the best chance to win.

1) Blocks better in pass protection

2) Has better hands to catch shovel passes

3) Can bounce outside with speed.

4) IS very strong and can push the pile backwards

5) Good vision to slice through any hole. See #3 if no hole available.

The answer to the question which started this thread is that Howard Simon laid out the theory that MM is close to the age of being a former player (certainly closer in age to the players than most of the wise old men who eun this game( and as such the idea that a player should not lose his job because of injury is something he ascribes to). In his press conference at the end of work late today, MM basically said as much and the reason why Henry is starter is because he couldn't go cause he was hurt and this year WM is far more credible back-up becoming starter than Joe Burns was.

Overall, I can see the logic of this approach to a point that it is silly to sit a better player for a lesser player. By having a general rule that a player will not lose his job to injury you foster a sense of being a TEAM rather than a group of individuals. However, this general rule is meant to be broken if the disparity in production between the two players is as big for example as the difference in the TEAMs play with Flutie at the helm compared to RJ at the helm.

IN WMs case, I was happy to see him say in his press conference yesterday that Henry was the starter and he expected to mostly warm the bench next week. He'll geet hos chance soon enough and even if Henry is ready to go next week, he'll be on a short-leash and need to produce or WM comes in and stays in as long as he produces.

WM played a great game Sunday but took a bruising as well (getting late-hitted by Edward whom he paid back with a glorious stiff arm and run into a pail on the sideline on one tackle). I would not be surprised if WM profits from a week off to heal after getting smacked around nor would I be surprised to see him wear down if he were given the starting RB job and depended upon as our feature back.