License suspension vs. revocation

To restate, my point is this...

I think that Marshawn's attorney MAY have negotiated for a revocation rather than a suspension in order to expedite the process of resuming normalcy.

I still can't find anything (online) that describes revocation which DOESN'T involve DUI/drugs but it this point, I still think he might have been able to start the process of getting his license back immediately... all while making people think he was in "deep trouble."

It also occurred to me today that it must be rough to have an entire community know who you are AND know you have no license... can't exactly blend in.

To restate, my point is this...

I think that Marshawn's attorney MAY have negotiated for a revocation rather than a suspension in order to expedite the process of resuming normalcy.

I still can't find anything (online) that describes revocation which DOESN'T involve DUI/drugs but it this point, I still think he might have been able to start the process of getting his license back immediately... all while making people think he was in "deep trouble."

It also occurred to me today that it must be rough to have an entire community know who you are AND know you have no license... can't exactly blend in.

He won't blend in anyway, even if he had a license. The thing is, does he really need to drive? It is not like he can't hire/afford his own chauffeur...

He won't blend in anyway, even if he had a license. The thing is, does he really need to drive? It is not like he can't hire/afford his own chauffeur...

We're talking about a brother that brings his own wine to the club. He aint gonna pay for no driver no time soon.

I'm not an expert but was curious about how long long ML's DL would be suspended. Anyways, I found out on NY state's DMV website that an revocation is up to the DMV to decide how long the revocation is for and he will get a letter from DMV informing him of the revocation time period. After that time period expires he can reapply for a DL.

As far as applying for a DL in another state, there is a national database of people who's license is suspended or revoked that is reported to by each states DMV, to prevent just that scenerio. So CA is no good to him.

suspension is pay your fine, do your time, and get your same license back.

revoked means you can not have a lic for specified period, and when that period is up, you have to get a permit and do a road test all over again.

also, if he was hit with a major violation on his lic due to the hit and run, it can keep him from getting insurance through a major company for up to 5 years. and his rates will be crazy if he goes into the new york state run insurance plan before the five years, ie 3000-8000 per year, maybe higher.

i know the guy is rich, but what a waste of money.

suspension is pay your fine, do your time, and get your same license back.

revoked means you can not have a lic for specified period, and when that period is up, you have to get a permit and do a road test all over again.

also, if he was hit with a major violation on his lic due to the hit and run, it can keep him from getting insurance through a major company for up to 5 years. and his rates will be crazy if he goes into the new york state run insurance plan before the five years, ie 3000-8000 per year, maybe higher.

i know the guy is rich, but what a waste of money.

But what is the specified period?

from the dmv's web site

LICENSE SUSPENSION AND REVOCATION

The most common reasons your license may be suspended or revoked due to motor vehicle violations follow. Remember, your license also will be suspended if you do not answer a ticket or pay a fine. An ALJ has the authority to suspend or revoke your license for violations other than those listed.

Speeding/Misdemeanors — If you commit three speeding and/or misdemeanor traffic violations within 18 months, your license will be revoked for at least six months.

New Driver Probation — You are on license probation for six months after you pass a road test. If you are found guilty of committing any two moving violations during your probation period, your license will be suspended for 60 days. It will also be suspended for 60 days if you are found guilty of committing a single, more serious violation during the probation period, including speeding, tailgating, unauthorized racing, or reckless driving.

Points — Most traffic violations carry violation points. The points will be added to your record using the date the violation occurred, not the date you are found guilty. If your violation points in any 18-month period add up to 11 or more, your license may be revoked or suspended following a hearing.

The ALJ usually holds the point hearing immediately after you are found guilty of a violation that brings your total to 11 or more points in 18 months. On the following panel is a list of common violations and the number of points for each.

Taking a DMV-approved accident prevention course can reduce your point total by up to four points and reduce your auto liability and collision insurance premiums by 10% for three years. Ask for more information at any motor vehicle office.

http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/broch/c49.htm