Jericho Heading To The Big Screen?

Tux of Borg

http://www.showbizspy.com/news/06262008/je...-the-big-screen

Jericho Heading To The Big Screen?

By WENN, June 26 2008

U.S. TV drama JERICHO could be heading to the big screen, according to the show's stars ASHLEY SCOTT and BRAD BEYER.

The series - a portrayal of America post-nuclear attacks - was axed by network CBS in March (08) after a small, devoted group of fans begged TV bosses to green light a second series last year (07).

But now supporters of the programme could be in for a treat if movie bosses give the go ahead for a film version of the show.

And Scott insists that she, and her co-star Brad Beyer, would both be interested in signing on to the project.

She says, "We caught wind of a possible movie idea, which we thought was really good. I think Brad had heard about it online the other day, and I just heard tonight, and I thought that would be really wonderful, wouldn't it? Kind of put a closing on it."

Beyer adds, "We kind of feel like it needs some closure, because it still feels kind of weird. I mean, we didn't get to a whole second season. ... I think you can do a lot more with it. I think there's a lot of different ways you can go with the story."

Nice. I think its premise and where the story needs to go from where it left is actually more suitable for a film vs. TeeVee. It might also put a fire under the writers butts to get to the action and pay attention to the plot rather than the at-times weepy character development that went on.