crack open a beer and Vent Here

Nick

Pointing out when young African American men act in ways that are common for young African American men does not make one a racist. It means you are aware.

so does that mean that its ok to assume that all middle aged white guys drive vans, gamble, drink a lot of beer and beat their wives?....ur logic is equally impressive

QUOTE (Erik @ Jun 12 2008, 08:18 PM)

Well, since we are all venting in here let me take the opportunity...

If I were a defense attorney and I had a young african american client, I would not want a good portion of the posters on this board on the jury. Take from that comment what you want.

Spike Lee? Is that you?

Spike Lee?? Is that supposed ti be a joke?? I do not see anything funny there. All Sharpton would warrant a laugh, since he is constantly putting himself in situations where it/he is not warranted/wanted. I hold Spike Lee's character very high, he is a very well spoken man and a brilliant filmmaker. You use his name like he is a commidian or a menace to the black community, which I take offence to.

Please use better judgment when picking and throwing names around. :devil:

Alright this is the way I feel about this nonsense going on with our team. I don't post here much but I read post every day. Im from Rochester but moved to Texas due to military, then wife, then kid. But im a die hard bills fan trust me on that one. I deal with Cowboy fans all the time due to my bills bumper sticker and window decal.

I had a good feeling about the team this year i really did. Im not writing this team of yet but the more i read posts on here the more it makes since that most of you are right. We really were going nowhere with the "good boys of the league team" and now we got a team with a bunch of trouble makers and have a chance to get something special going up there in b-lo.

lot of you are saying football player or not he deserves what he gets and i cant agree with y'all more. In that same regard though if we all could see in the future and say the bills make a deep run into the playoffs with lynch and found out he was guilty but somehow it got swept under the rug. Who here would honestly give two craps about him being a piece of sh-- or the women that was dancing in the middle of the street (being stupid) then gets hit and gets right back up "15 min. ltr" especially if we go 7-9 again without him.

I DONT KNOW ABOUT Y'ALL BUT I WOULD TAKE THE PLAYOFF TEAM WITH THE GUILTY SCAPE GOAT OVER ANOTHER YEAR WITHOUT THE PLAYOFFS

sorry y'all needed to vent some lol.

This incident really is not a big deal, but he is handling it badly and making it bigger than it needs to be. He should have made a statement and it would have been forgotten by now.

The way the laws are written right now due to the DWI lobby, you'd be incurring less of a legal penalty for leaving someone in the street than for the DWI.

That should be changed. I would change it to be a felony and 10 year mandatory prison sentence for leaving the scene of an accident when a person has been injured.

QUOTE (Erik @ Jun 12 2008, 08:18 PM)

Well, since we are all venting in here let me take the opportunity...

If I were a defense attorney and I had a young african american client, I would not want a good portion of the posters on this board on the jury. Take from that comment what you want.

Spike Lee?? Is that supposed ti be a joke?? I do not see anything funny there. All Sharpton would warrant a laugh, since he is constantly putting himself in situations where it/he is not warranted/wanted. I hold Spike Lee's character very high, he is a very well spoken man and a brilliant filmmaker. You use his name like he is a commidian or a menace to the black community, which I take offence to.

Please use better judgment when picking and throwing names around. :thumbsup:

My reason for saying Spike Lee, is because he is known for saying things to get a rise out of people. It's his way of bringing attention to himself. Have you not heard his recent ramblings on Clint Eastwood?

I do'nt think Spike Lee is a menace to the black community, just a clown who has said a lot of dopey things.

My reason for saying Spike Lee, is because he is known for saying things to get a rise out of people. It's his way of bringing attention to himself. Have you not heard his recent ramblings on Clint Eastwood?

I do'nt think Spike Lee is a menace to the black community, just a clown who has said a lot of dopey things.

I'm not sure either comparison works for me since I am neither african american nor am I a menace to the african american community.