Add Jonathan Ogden to the list...

Lori

Ravens left tackle Ogden to announce retirement Thursday

It's funny, Schobel always roasted the guy when Buffalo played them ... but I'd sooner call him a first-ballot Hall of Famer than Strahan.

Good read from John Clayton: Ogden was prototype tackle of his era

Now that Jonathan Ogden of the Baltimore Ravens has announced plans to retire, the scenario I've feared for the past couple of years has come to fruition.

His retirement could begin the close of perhaps the greatest blocking era in NFL history. Ogden came into the league in 1996 along with Bengals right tackle Willie Anderson. The 1997 draft produced Orlando Pace, Walter Jones and Tarik Glenn. The following year brought William Thomas and Flozell Adams into the league.

Those seven tackles have gone to a combined 40 Pro Bowls. More than anything else, that three-year cycle of tackles changed the game, and it all started with Ogden.

Ha, ha. Okay, that could have been more precise. Thanks for keeping me on my toes.

Here: "I'd rather see Ogden go in as a first-ballot Hall of Famer than Strahan."

It's funny, Schobel always roasted the guy when Buffalo played them ... but I'd sooner call him a first-ballot Hall of Famer than Strahan.

Honestly I think both are sure fire hall of famers...

to be able to play the run as well as Strahan did while racking up that many sacks is truly amazing...

Agreed. Ogden's retirement pushes Strahan down the list and possibly off the first ballot. He definitely needs that broadcasting career if he wants to get in on the first ballot.

Agreed. Ogden's retirement pushes Strahan down the list and possibly off the first ballot. He definitely needs that broadcasting career if he wants to get in on the first ballot.

... And his lisp isn't really conducive to such a career.

Then again, Shannon Sharpe's been on the CBS show for a while now and I can only understand ~ every 8th word out of his marblemouth.

... And his lisp isn't really conducive to such a career.

Then again, Shannon Sharpe's been on the CBS show for a while now and I can only understand ~ every 8th word out of his marblemouth.

You would think, but I imagine networks are still lining up to sign him. There are rumors he might be on the new Inside the NFL on Showtime. His personality makes him a natural for broadcasting.

I agree about Shannon. I never liked listening to his show on NFL Radio for that exact reason.