Sign the petition!

Oh puh-leeze; doing it for the children? :lol:

So you're suggesting that you'll support drilling for oil in 50 years (or do we have to wait for a less selfish generation)? Won't oil be obsolete by then anyway? Nice strawman Pete.

As someone who agrees that that oil should stay in the ground, my reasoning is less "for the children" than it is that "It's too expensive" is a sh------- reason for exploiting those remaining easily recoverable reserves. There WILL be a bigger energy crisis than $4/gallon gasoline some day.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Translation: People like me are the reason we didn't start drilling 15+ years ago and why gas is $4/gallon and still increasing in price.

Congratulations. :lol:

No, translation: Worry about NOW, not what wasn't done 15 years ago so you can complain a bit more about those you disagree with. Do something for the here and now instead of having an answer that won't help for years to come.

15 years ago... when I was 21. I was SOOOO worried about drilling for oil. Nice try.

No, translation: Worry about NOW, not what wasn't done 15 years ago so you can complain a bit more about those you disagree with. Do something for the here and now instead of having an answer that won't help for years to come.

15 years ago... when I was 21. I was SOOOO worried about drilling for oil. Nice try.

Everything can't be about the here and now- you have to plan for the future.

So don't do something that WILL help us later because it can't help us right now? That is brilliant. :lol: Are you saving money for your retirement or does that not help you right now?

Also, I guess I have to point this out to the anti-drilling crowd, but there's nothing to prevent us from harnassing our natural resources and exploring alternative energy sources at the same time. I don't think anyone is saying drilling is the entire answer. But drilling is (and should have been) what we do to keep our energy costs under control until we have our alternative energy sources ready. Too bad we're already screwed since Congress has literally spent decades doing everything possible to make sure we'd have energy problems right now.

Because I care about future generations and do not want to squander all America's resources on the instant gratification generation

Don't agonize for our future generations. Don't worry - there will be nothing left for Americans to squander - outsiders will have sucked it all away. But I'm glad that you...care. :lol:

So don't do something that WILL help us later because it can't help us right now? That is brilliant. :w00t:Are you saving money for your retirement or does that not help you right now?

Also, I guess I have to point this out to the anti-drilling crowd, but there's nothing to prevent us from harnassing our natural resources and exploring alternative energy sources at the same time. I don't think anyone is saying drilling is the entire answer. But drilling is (and should have been) what we do to keep our energy costs under control until we have our alternative energy sources ready. Too bad we're already screwed since Congress has literally spent decades doing everything possible to make sure we'd have energy problems right now.

Why should he when The Messiah will take care of him? :devil:

But seriously, that is a great comparison. Too many Americans fail to plan for their future. It starts at top w/ Motherment. The entitlement mentality is what will be the death of this nation. Our government lives in the here and now or lives to survive the next election cycle and that attitude trickles down to the people.

Four dollars a gallon is not the end of the world. It is putting a crimp on our lifestyle and clearly is having a greater impact on the poor, but ultimately, with some behavior modifications, we'll survive through it. The larger issue at Tom alluded to is when it climbs even higher. We need a strategic vision, because as stated, it takes time to build the infrastructure to get the oil to market.

But here's a question none of the Lefties have answered- If the candidate Obama is looking out for the "working class", then why does he feel $4.50-$5.00 gas is a good thing? Surely he realizes that spiraling fuel costs have a greater affect on the poor than it does the wealthy.

Here's another point-how can UAW workers support him when he's on favor of higher fuel costs that will cause more of them to lose their jobs?

Why should he when The Messiah will take care of him? :devil:

But seriously, that is a great comparison. Too many Americans fail to plan for their future. It starts at top w/ Motherment. The entitlement mentality is what will be the death of this nation. Our government lives in the here and now or lives to survive the next election cycle and that attitude trickles down to the people.

Four dollars a gallon is not the end of the world. It is putting a crimp on our lifestyle and clearly is having a greater impact on the poor, but ultimately, with some behavior modifications, we'll survive through it. The larger issue at Tom alluded to is when it climbs even higher. We need a strategic vision, because as stated, it takes time to build the infrastructure to get the oil to market.

But here's a question none of the Lefties have answered- If the candidate Obama is looking out for the "working class", then why does he feel $4.50-$5.00 gas is a good thing? Surely he realizes that spiraling fuel costs have a greater affect on the poor than it does the wealthy.

Here's another point-how can UAW workers support him when he's on favor of higher fuel costs that will cause more of them to lose their jobs?

Wow you just hate Democrats don't you? He never said $5.00 is a good thing... he merely said as stated in another post. If prices were going to rise like this he wishes that it would have been a gradual increase. Not this huge rush. What's McCain's stance on this? Does he have a stance other than saying stay in Iraq, we'll never surrender? You are always on the attack, tell us why McCain is so great?? can you?

UAW workers support a person who is for the working class. Simple question simple answer. McCain is not a big fan of the labor movement.

Wow you just hate Democrats don't you? He never said $5.00 is a good thing... he merely said as stated in another post. If prices were going to rise like this he wishes that it would have been a gradual increase. Not this huge rush. What's McCain's stance on this? Does he have a stance other than saying stay in Iraq, we'll never surrender? You are always on the attack, tell us why McCain is so great?? can you?

UAW workers support a person who is for the working class. Simple question simple answer. McCain is not a big fan of the labor movement.

I don't hate Democrats, I just think they're terribly misguided. I think in the battle of ideas they are on the losing side.

I'm not here to defend McCain either, though at this point he is probably the person I will cast my ballot for. I think his idea of a gas tax 'holiday' is a sham, and do not support it. Actually, I was a McCain supporter back in 2000. I really wish he would've got the nod over Bush. I've said that to those who know me for years. He is a man of honor and principle and I like the fact that he ruffles feathers in his own party. That is a mark of true leadership to me, the fact that he will go against the grain if he feels like it is the right thing to do. I believe the next President needs to lead from the center and McCain's past actions prove to me that he will do so. I am certain that Obama will not lead from the center. I am certain that he is a very liberal candidate.

I know that to get your guy elected you must tear down the opposing candidate, but I think the portraying of McCain as McBush is laughable and couldn't be farther from the truth. Anyway, that's about all I have time for tonight.

I don't hate Democrats, I just think they're terribly misguided. I think in the battle of ideas they are on the losing side.

I'm not here to defend McCain either, though at this point he is probably the person I will cast my ballot for. I think his idea of a gas tax 'holiday' is a sham, and do not support it. Actually, I was a McCain supporter back in 2000. I really wish he would've got the nod over Bush. I've said that to those who know me for years. He is a man of honor and principle and I like the fact that he ruffles feathers in his own party. That is a mark of true leadership to me, the fact that he will go against the grain if he feels like it is the right thing to do. I believe the next President needs to lead from the center and McCain's past actions prove to me that he will do so. I am certain that Obama will not lead from the center. I am certain that he is a very liberal candidate.

I know that to get your guy elected you must tear down the opposing candidate, but I think the portraying of McCain as McBush is laughable and couldn't be farther from the truth. Anyway, that's about all I have time for tonight.

Don't hate Democrats... funny that's the side you bash about 98% of the time. Seems to me that the republican side doesn't necessarily have a lot of ideas to through out to the public. Very good at bashing other ideas though.

Many Republican elected officials lean towards Obama stating that he would lead from the center. McCain has voted/followed Bush policies 95% of the time last year alone. Let's face it, McCain in the past was about working with both sides. These days not so much. Yes, he has served in the military and everyone should respect that... that's a given. That being said, he's been in politics a long time, he knows how the game is played. I'm sure everything you see from him is not as rosey as it looks.

Also, not liking him because of his positions on Roe vs. Wade, Labor and the Employee Free Choice Act, Mass Transit and of course Iraq.

Adam

Everything can't be about the here and now- you have to plan for the future.

Of course you have to plan for the future. Seems to me that people are forgetting how to multitask and to do something now.

Many Republican elected officials lean towards Obama stating that he would lead from the center. McCain has voted/followed Bush policies 95% of the time last year alone. Let's face it, McCain in the past was about working with both sides. These days not so much. Yes, he has served in the military and everyone should respect that... that's a given. That being said, he's been in politics a long time, he knows how the game is played. I'm sure everything you see from him is not as rosey as it looks.

You REALLY don't want to use voting records as proof of being in the middle in this campaign from the Obama camp.

Barack Obama has voted with a majority of his Democratic colleagues 96.5% of the time during the current Congress.

John McCain has voted with a majority of his Republican colleagues 88.3% of the time during the current Congress.

You REALLY don't want to use voting records as proof of being in the middle in this campaign from the Obama camp.

Barack Obama has voted with a majority of his Democratic colleagues 96.5% of the time during the current Congress.

John McCain has voted with a majority of his Republican colleagues 88.3% of the time during the current Congress.

Barack has also been known, just like McCain to reach across the aisle. And I believe McCain's percentage was around 95% last year. I look at McCain's record as of late.. I am not going to look at what he did when he first came into office.

Barack has also been known, just like McCain to reach across the aisle.
When?

Barack has also been known, just like McCain to reach across the aisle. And I believe McCain's percentage was around 95% last year. I look at McCain's record as of late.. I am not going to look at what he did when he first came into office.
Why?

Do you not understand the definition of "current" or something?

Once again:

Why? I am interested in his voting records now. Not from 20 years ago. I could care less about those days. People change, politics change, etc.

So all you care about are what politicians are saying right now, and not what they've ever been able to accomplish in their lives? That is interesting.