A real shame

Adam

I wish we could have an Obama/McCain or McCain/Obama ticket. The melding of their ideas could fix the economy and the war, while individually, they can't fix either. Damn political parties! 0:)

I wish we could have an Obama/McCain or McCain/Obama ticket. The melding of their ideas could fix the economy and the war, while individually, they can't fix either. Damn political parties! 0:)

1. Neither one of them has good ideas about the economy, so I don't see how "melding" their ideas would help.

2. McCain and Obama were complete different when it came to the Surge. It turned out McCain was right and Obama was wrong. Again, how does "melding" help?

Didn't that happen a couple of times way back when America was brand new? Different system then.

Not really. The supposed end of political parties lasted for Monroe's two terms before the Republicans split into the "National Republicans" and the "Democratic Republicans" (later just Democrats).

The "no political parties" thing was a goal of Monroe's and John Quincy Adams' but it never really got off the ground.