Former GOP Fundraiser Learns About Bums, Schizos and Druggies

Fortunately for him, they were more open-minded.

He's hoping his book lands him on Oprah and he'll be a "success" once again. Should that happen it will be interesting to see what he does with it.

Just one more sad story about how any of us is not that far away from living in a box. I don't see that this guy did anything wrong, just made some bad business decisions at bad times. It can really happen to anyone. How ironic is it that the very people he derided are credited by him with saving his life.

What does any of this have to do with politics other than the fact he raised money for the GOP? Are you saying that because he became homeless he has to be a Democrat (or Leftist like yourself)?

He should be thankful for Christian organizations like the Salvation Army for helping to feed him during his tough times. These are the type of organizations the Devil (GW) advocated using federal funds to assist.

I think many people (speaking for self-me) perceive most of the homeless as mentally troubled or drug abusers. Some are homeless by choice. Clearly, this guy had mental issues (he tried to commit suicide) which may have led to his becoming homeless.

Please do not be so arrogant to believe that Christian conservatives such as myself do not empathize with people in those situations. I don't have the time nor desire to list for you the community service activities my family and I do for those in need in my community through our church.

BTW- If anyone knows where I can find one of those 1960 Cougars, please let me know so I can purchase it. I'm sure they're worth a lot of money... :blink:

ya, I was laughing about that myself, the 1st year of the Cougar was 1967 and wasn't offered as a convertible until '69 I think.

Facts schmacts. It's the touchy feeley ha-ha when bad stuff happens to a Republican point of view we're supposed to focus on

What does any of this have to do with politics other than the fact he raised money for the GOP? Are you saying that because he became homeless he has to be a Democrat (or Leftist like yourself)?

He should be thankful for Christian organizations like the Salvation Army for helping to feed him during his tough times. These are the type of organizations the Devil (GW) advocated using federal funds to assist.

I think many people (speaking for self-me) perceive most of the homeless as mentally troubled or drug abusers. Some are homeless by choice. Clearly, this guy had mental issues (he tried to commit suicide) which may have led to his becoming homeless.

Simply calling out the irony of someone who was fat, dumb and happy, lost it all and still referred to "those people" as if they were somehow any less than him. Didn't say it was political - expect perhaps insofar as he liked to raise money for the party that cuts programs that might have helped him sooner.

The onset of his mental problems came after he lost everything. For many street people the losses are the RESULT, not the CAUSE. Do not assume that only people with mental illness attempt or commit suicide.

And lastly, I agree that the Salvation Army and other organizations do a great job for these sorts of people. If this case though this man was first saved by the very people he'd been content to label during his better days...what's more Christlike than people who have NOTHING still wanting to share it with others, particularly others who would be happy to be well-off enough to look down their nose at the giver.

Simply calling out the irony of someone who was fat, dumb and happy, lost it all and still referred to "those people" as if they were somehow any less than him. Didn't say it was political - expect perhaps insofar as he liked to raise money for the party that cuts programs that might have helped him sooner.

The onset of his mental problems came after he lost everything. For many street people the losses are the RESULT, not the CAUSE. Do not assume that only people with mental illness attempt or commit suicide.

And lastly, I agree that the Salvation Army and other organizations do a great job for these sorts of people. If this case though this man was first saved by the very people he'd been content to label during his better days...what's more Christlike than people who have NOTHING still wanting to share it with others, particularly others who would be happy to be well-off enough to look down their nose at the giver.

Great job filling in for Molten whiles he's out on his permanent vacation. If you're trying to start schit. you'll have to do better than that. Great assumption also lady, you've learned your talking points well.

I don't know what the point of posting this link is, other than you felt compelled to pounce on the fact that someone who raised money for a political party other than yours made some bad decisions. Did you enjoy the Gotcha? Does that make you feel that warm, tingly sensation up your thigh?

It's funny (in a disturbing way) that you cannot acknowledge that Bush actually did a good thing by allowing federal funding for some faith based charities. But I suppose that would go against your core beliefs and require using common sense...

Great job filling in for Molten whiles he's out on his permanent vacation. If you're trying to start schit. you'll have to do better than that. Great assumption also lady, you've learned your talking points well.

I don't know what the point of posting this link is, other than you felt compelled to pounce on the fact that someone who raised money for a political party other than yours made some bad decisions. Did you enjoy the Gotcha? Does that make you feel that warm, tingly sensation up your thigh?

It's funny (in a disturbing way) that you cannot acknowledge that Bush actually did a good thing by allowing federal funding for some faith based charities. But I suppose that would go against your core beliefs and require using common sense...

It's only fun to pile on the mentally ill when they're of a certain political persuasion. Hey Debbie, chastize me again for using the term retard, you hypocrite.