Who are some other players who were charged...

Thurman Thomas once ran over seven Miami Dolphin players and their defensive coordinator, Tom Olivadotti ... But he wasn't charged.

Reporter to Olivadotti: "How do you stop Thurman Thomas?"

Olivadotti: "Trade for him!"

True story. And later, they got him.

Reporter to Olivadotti: "How do you stop Thurman Thomas?"

Olivadotti: "Trade for him!"

True story. And later, they got him.

I also loved Chris Berman's take when doing the highlites on ESPN ... As the camera showed Thurman plowing over Olivadotti on the sideline, Berman says ...

" ... and Thurman Thomas ... Running over anyone EVEN ASSOCIATED WITH the Miami defense!"

I also loved Chris Berman's take when doing the highlites on ESPN ... As the camera showed Thurman plowing over Olivadotti on the sideline, Berman says ...

" ... and Thurman Thomas ... Running over anyone EVEN ASSOCIATED WITH the Miami defense!"

Splendid! Oh, the memories.

Now to kick some Tuna ass.

What does owning a bar have to do with anything?

Let's see, a player clearly has a problem with alcohol (it turns out that Allen had at least 3 DWI's by this point), yet still owns a bar. That's some way to help yourself solve that problem. That's what it has to do with--how smart is it for a player who may well be an alcoholic to own a bar? Not very.....

Let's see, a player clearly has a problem with alcohol (it turns out that Allen had at least 3 DWI's by this point), yet still owns a bar. That's some way to help yourself solve that problem. That's what it has to do with--how smart is it for a player who may well be an alcoholic to own a bar? Not very.....

It worked out ok for Sam Malone.

It worked out ok for Sam Malone.

My father owned a bar when I was a kid growing up, so I know from what I speak. It's funny you should mention "Cheers", 'cause I used to tell my friends who thought it was cool that my dad owned a bar, "it ain't 'Cheers'" and by that I meant that show glamorized bars and alcohol, which do indeed have their merits in moderation, but without showing the seamier side of that life, including, obviously, the effects of alcoholism on an individual and families.....

My father owned a bar when I was a kid growing up, so I know from what I speak. It's funny you should mention "Cheers", 'cause I used to tell my friends who thought it was cool that my dad owned a bar, "it ain't 'Cheers'" and by that I meant that show glamorized bars and alcohol, which do indeed have their merits in moderation, but without showing the seamier side of that life, including, obviously, the effects of alcoholism on an individual and families.....

No doubt, and you're absolutely right about it being a bad idea. Any bar/restaurant is very hard work and I'm sure it's pretty depressing to see alcoholics in action on a day to day basis. In real life Cliff and Norm would be pathetic creatures.