first post on my I phone

Get this for a better browser: http://www.operamini.com/

The Dare isn't a smartphone, so you can't install programs like that; unfortunately. But again, its nice for me to not have the smartphone features as then the unlimited internet is $45/month as opposed to $15 and so far I can visit any website i want with this.

But I do wish I could install opera.

No wifi? WTF? Also, how much memory does it have, or do you have to buy memory cards? Lame if so. $199 phone but extra $$$ if you want memory. iPhone still in the lead IMHO.

PTR

No, no wifi, but it specifically is not a smartphone. Therefore, the unlimited data is only $15/month, which gives full HTML browsing. With a smartphone (and therefore wifi) the data plan is $45 a month. The thing is, with EVDO, the data is so much faster than the EDGE with the current iPhone that it really doesn't need WIFI. EVDO speeds are phenomenal.

Additional bonuses over the iPhone:

• I get reception. :rolleyes:
  • An AMAZING camera for a cell phone. It is 3.2MP with a flash, and the coolest option i've seen on any camera phone, a panoramic option with stitching. You take three pictures side by side, with a guide "shadow" left over from each previous picture, and the phone then stitches them together.
  • The bluetooth file transferring is ridiculously easy. Literally three clicks to set up a connection with my MacBook and the phone, and then I'm sending pictures from the phone to the Mac and songs from the Mac to the phone.
  • MMS messaging. How the iPhone --even the new one -- doesn't have this is unreal.
  • Yes, I had to use a microSD card, but these are dirt cheap on eBay now, and allows me to drag and drop and not FORCE me to use iTunes.
  • I can have a spare battery.

Now, I do still think the iPhones BROWSER is the best by far, but I really think this is the best for for Verizon out yet.

This is my first post using the dare. The stadium wall displays in full HTML version and this virtual keyboard is pretty much exactly the same as iPhone.

I think you just need a java runtime environment for the Opera Mini, and thus it works on most phones. They make a separate version - Opera mobile - for smart phones.

Might want to give it a shot

I think you just need a java runtime environment for the Opera Mini, and thus it works on most phones. They make a separate version - Opera mobile - for smart phones.

Might want to give it a shot

You can't download programs like this onto a non-Smartphone from Verizon. They have a pretty good lockdown on installing apps.

You can't download programs like this onto a non-Smartphone from Verizon. They have a pretty good lockdown on installing apps.

Ouch, that sucks; even via a test message, eh?

I can download stuff to my ATT phone without any problems.

Why can't a company just make a phone that does it all? BTW my wife made a good point about the iPhone's meager 2mp camera: With the pinhole lens most phone cameras have, you aren't going to get much quality anyway, just big files to eat your memory. So maybe we give Apple a mulligan on the camera?

PTR

Why can't a company just make a phone that does it all? BTW my wife made a good point about the iPhone's meager 2mp camera: With the pinhole lens most phone cameras have, you aren't going to get much quality anyway, just big files to eat your memory. So maybe we give Apple a mulligan on the camera?

PTR

I honestly gotta say this phone's (the LG dare) takes a pretty darn good picture for a phone. I mean, when I use my real digital camera, I only use the 7MP option for items I will print. Things that I will post online, or keep on my computer I use 3MP.

This phone has 3.2MP camera with a Schneider-Kreuznach lens. For anything web/computer bound, its perfect.

This phone really does have everything I want other than opera browser.