The Bills win the Super Bowl, the Bills win the Super Bowl

You know for the last two years, my right shoulder has really ached. I called it my torn rotor cuff. It came from throwing untold thousands of footballs to my 14 year old son, Alex John, or as we called him, AJ. Trying to lead him just right on deep post patterns, trying hard to keep up with his speed. And, after the last one every time, you see, he would only let it end after he made a great catch, from catching the big lug and hugging him as he came running and jumped into my arms, yelling "the Bills win the Super Bowl, the Bills win the Super Bowl!". Just us dreaming. It came from me trying to pitch to him as fast as I could so he wouldn't hit me, but he always did. It honestly hurt enough so that I only slept on my left side and if I rolled over on it, it would wake me up in the night. But I didn't care, how could I stop doing those things? I loved it. My new problem is that over the past month or so, my shoulder has slowly but surely stopped aching. Now what keeps me awake at night is my broken heart. You see, I have no one to throw those passes to, no one to brush back anymore. Because AJ left us on January 5, 2008, a victim of childhood cancer.

That's the introduction to a speech I had the honor of giving to the Advisory Board of the Texas Children's Cancer Center and a major fundraising group for pediatric cancer research, the Curing Children's Cancer Fund.

The entire speech can be viewed at http://curechildhoodcancer.blogspot.com. If nothing else, go to the paragraph describing the kids on the 9th floor at TCH, especially if you've never been there (and I hope you haven't).

The support is picking up. Thanks to anyone for spreading the word. These kids need our help. Let's remember them all this Memorial Day, they are brave little warriors too. It has been a tough couple days, and I will leave you all this weekend with two final thoughts. #1 - it's 1 in 300, are you will to bet? Do you like your odds? #2 - if YOU don't do it, who will?

Love you and miss you Age.....

AJs Dad

PLEASE click and sign this petition.......

Yea, OK buddy.

Mods, close this thread, one has already been started about this same damn topic.

oh it is a damn topic, I will grant you that. Childhood cancer. Do you have any kids? Do you know any kids? Have you ever seen a really sick kid? Has anyone you've loved died? Worse yet, died young? I guess not. I feel sorry for you, "buddy".

proudly,

AJs Dad

Yea, OK buddy.

Mods, close this thread, one has already been started about this same damn topic.

You suck. Get back to humping animals like your quote so proudly boasts...

Signed it from Ottawa, Canada. Last year, the city rallied around a young boy named Elgin Fraser who passed away after a valiant battle against cancer. He was a huge Sens fan and took his last breath as the team won in OT to get to the Stanley Cup finals...it was a real tearjerker of a story. Players from the team were pall bearers.

Yea, OK buddy.

How about you let us make that decision?

so what exactly does this petition do?

Did you know that 1 in 300 kids under 21 will be diagnosed with cancer? How many kids do you have? Figure the odds. Did you know that 1 out of 4 of those will die? Did you know it is the leading killer disease of our kids? More than asthma, diabetes, cystic fibrosis, congenital anomalies, and pediatric AIDS combined. Did you know that our Congress has been "debating" the Childhood Cancer Act for almost 2 years, to provide $30 million per year for 5 years for research? That $30 million equals 2 hours of our war cost. Did you know that only about 3% of all money that goes to the American Cancer Society, Leukemia Lymphoma Society, etc, goes to childhood cancer research?

Like most of you, I never knew this stuff. And, because if you are not effected by it, you don't know about it, my goal is just to raise awareness though a show like 20/20 or 60 Min. Personally, I am outraged at the lack of funding and publicity it gets. My second goal is to raise funds for CureSearch, the largest organization dedicated solely to childhood cancer research. Their members treat 90% of all kids. Funds will come though the sale of a book, promoted on the show, telling these kids stories, written by the parents and the kids. The petition is now over 4000 signatures in 2 weeks.

It takes 60 seconds. I post here because I know Buffalo people. I lived there my first 25 years and still call it home in my heart. Please, your signature and spreading the word can make a difference.

Did you know that 1 in 300 kids under 21 will be diagnosed with cancer? How many kids do you have? Figure the odds. Did you know that 1 out of 4 of those will die? Did you know it is the leading killer disease of our kids? More than asthma, diabetes, cystic fibrosis, congenital anomalies, and pediatric AIDS combined. Did you know that our Congress has been "debating" the Childhood Cancer Act for almost 2 years, to provide $30 million per year for 5 years for research? That $30 million equals 2 hours of our war cost. Did you know that only about 3% of all money that goes to the American Cancer Society, Leukemia Lymphoma Society, etc, goes to childhood cancer research?

Like most of you, I never knew this stuff. And, because if you are not effected by it, you don't know about it, my goal is just to raise awareness though a show like 20/20 or 60 Min. Personally, I am outraged at the lack of funding and publicity it gets. My second goal is to raise funds for CureSearch, the largest organization dedicated solely to childhood cancer research. Their members treat 90% of all kids. Funds will come though the sale of a book, promoted on the show, telling these kids stories, written by the parents and the kids. The petition is now over 4000 signatures in 2 weeks.

It takes 60 seconds. I post here because I know Buffalo people. I lived there my first 25 years and still call it home in my heart. Please, your signature and spreading the word can make a difference.

I didn't even live there that long and I still call it home. My cousin Katie had Leukemia before she was 5 (beat it, thank god.) As for you kgun12to83 you're a real tool for sinking as low as you have for downing this thread. For you posting such crap you should be joining L.S.I. in TBD hell :rolleyes:

Posting about one's self (either good or bad) is appalling.

Easy fix: if you don't like the thread, you don't need to participate in it.

Have a nice weekend, everyone.