More on Spygate

Chris Landry was on WDAE (620 AM Tampa) tonight with Steve Dumeg as he is every Thursday to discuss the NFL. Steve asked him his thoughts on spygate & Chris replied he didn't think it was going away. He thinks Specter is going to push for an independent hearing. Chris went on to say," you know I have worked for Bill Belichick* as an advance scout- I don't think I will in the future." He said Bill was the type of person to CROSS the line. He said he was instructed to go through opposing teams garbage to see if he could come up with anything useful while scouting. He said Belicheat* KNEW the rules of the NFL very well, NOBODY knew them better & was LYING when he said he misinterpreted them. Chris also said he had worked in the upstairs box at games & while it wouldn't be possible to do extensive work on the coaching signal videos during the game, they would provide a HUGE ADVANTAGE with what you could get from them during the course of the game. He went on to say he thought the Pats* used them during the games they were filmed, and cited the Steelers game.

Responses to the Walsh revelations basically break down 2 ways: first, there are those who have something to gain from downplaying the allegations, and those who have nothing to gain from downplaying. Those with nothing to gain, the honest brokers, see major problems here. Enough said.

Responses to the Walsh revelations basically break down 2 ways: first, there are those who have something to gain from downplaying the allegations, and those who have nothing to gain from downplaying. Those with nothing to gain, the honest brokers, see major problems here. Enough said.

You are right. Chris Landry has become my very favorite NFL "expert" over the last few years. He is not one to say things, unless he means them. I have never heard him speak this explicitly about the "spygate" issue, but I could tell, last season, he was holding back some strong personal opinions on the topic.

I have to admit, when this whole thing came out, last season, I was one of those who thought it was much to do about nothing, but the more that comes out, I think this could taint the NFL as much as the steroid era has hurt major leauge baseball. People will still love the game (like they do baseball) but you will never be able to look at it the same again.

Or, if you follow the NBA at all, for years there were all these crazy "conspiracy theorists" who thought the playoff games, and the lottery draft, were tilted to get specific results. Then, it comes out that one ref gets busted for being on the take, and you can't watch the game anymore, without wondering who else is being paid.

I never hated the Patriots for winning, and have always been one to stick up for them, before all this. But this makes me really despise them, for tainting a game that I really love....thanks !@#$s! Thanks a lot.

Or, if you follow the NBA at all, for years there were all these crazy "conspiracy theorists" who thought the playoff games, and the lottery draft, were tilted to get specific results. Then, it comes out that one ref gets busted for being on the take, and you can't watch the game anymore, without wondering who else is being paid.

I find it almost comical how these conspiracy theorists won't let this story die. But the longer it hangs around the more we begin to peel back the layers of the onion to reveal some kind of inappropriate behavior within the Patriots organization. The internet has really given these folks a universal medium to explore and express these opinons in a forum that allows them to be heard. I just ran across this Patriot Conspiracy website www.tinfoilonmyhead.com ... some people have way too much time on their hands.

Chris Landry was on WDAE (620 AM Tampa) tonight with Steve Dumeg as he is every Thursday to discuss the NFL. Steve asked him his thoughts on spygate & Chris replied he didn't think it was going away. He thinks Specter is going to push for an independent hearing. Chris went on to say," you know I have worked for Bill Belichick* as an advance scout- I don't think I will in the future." He said Bill was the type of person to CROSS the line. He said he was instructed to go through opposing teams garbage to see if he could come up with anything useful while scouting. He said Belicheat* KNEW the rules of the NFL very well, NOBODY knew them better & was LYING when he said he misinterpreted them. Chris also said he had worked in the upstairs box at games & while it wouldn't be possible to do extensive work on the coaching signal videos during the game, they would provide a HUGE ADVANTAGE with what you could get from them during the course of the game. He went on to say he thought the Pats* used them during the games they were filmed, and cited the Steelers game.

(In my best Pets* fan) C'mon, they found tapes of defensive signals from the other team that were used in a different game. Every team does this the Patriots are just the fall guys because they were caught and they are the most successful team in NFL history so everyone has to pile on them. This is just a witch hunt and us in the New England states know about witch hunts. You guys are just jealous of our complete dominance over your pathetic team. How many games have you won against us in the past eight years? There ya go. Save some bandwidth and save your Patriots bashing for things that are true, like say...nothing. We own you get over it.

;) I've gotta throw up now. Acting like a Pets* fan has made me ill. :blink:

To a Pets* fan those guys have something to gain because...(insert ridiculous argument here)

You are right. Chris Landry has become my very favorite NFL "expert" over the last few years. He is not one to say things, unless he means them. I have never heard him speak this explicitly about the "spygate" issue, but I could tell, last season, he was holding back some strong personal opinions on the topic.

I have to admit, when this whole thing came out, last season, I was one of those who thought it was much to do about nothing, but the more that comes out, I think this could taint the NFL as much as the steroid era has hurt major leauge baseball. People will still love the game (like they do baseball) but you will never be able to look at it the same again.

I never hated the Patriots for winning, and have always been one to stick up for them, before all this. But this makes me really despise them, for tainting a game that I really love....thanks !@#$s! Thanks a lot.

I think the difference between Spygate and the steroids in baseball is the difference between one team and an entire league. Spygate will just taint the Pets* to the most extent. If more is found it might taint the league for trying to sweep it under the rug but it won't make people believe every game is fixed, at least it won't for me.

The NBA ref thing was a rogue ref working on his own and not league sanctioned. I think the fact that the team with one of the worst odds of getting the first pick last year should prove it isn't.

BTW, Off topic. I can't believe the people who sought to change the BCS rankings a few year ago because USC lost to a really bad team. I think what is lost here is that USC lost to a really bad team and that is a bad thing and not something that proves they were a Championship caliber team.

No. I think there was another person or two that felt the same way that quickly, but I am pretty sure one of then is in Bellvue.

The other is posting on TBD.

I find it almost comical how these conspiracy theorists won't let this story die. But the longer it hangs around the more we begin to peel back the layers of the onion to reveal some kind of inappropriate behavior within the Patriots organization. The internet has really given these folks a universal medium to explore and express these opinons in a forum that allows them to be heard. I just ran across this Patriot Conspiracy website www.tinfoilonmyhead.com ... some people have way too much time on their hands.

:P

The funniest thing to me is the Pets* fans think Spygate is insane but crying about the final clock management in the SB is perfectly sane. :thumbsup: