Is Race HURTING Obama?

I believe it is. IMO if he was a white male, the Dems would be ushering him up as the next JFK.

This Would Be Different

I have always heard how it (race) was helping him. Race can't possibly be helping him in the white rural and poorer states amongst the less educated.

Do the Hillary supporters jump to McCain soley because Obama is more liberal? What's really the difference between the two? They are both flaming libs.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess both....Look at North Carolina...He won amongst blacks 90% - 10%. 1/3 of primary voters were black. Indiana the same 90%-10% but 78% of voters were white vs 62% in NC. It seems african americans are more concerned about race than whites.

I believe it is. IMO if he was a white male, the Dems would be ushering him up as the next JFK.

This Would Be Different

I have always heard how it (race) was helping him. Race can't possibly be helping him in the white rural and poorer states amongst the less educated.

Do the Hillary supporters jump to McCain soley because Obama is more liberal? What's really the difference between the two? They are both flaming libs.

Yes. No doubt it is going to hurt. The one thing he has really going for him is John McCain. McCain really is running as Bush's heir and I guess he has to to hold inline the remaining trashy Bush supporters. Older voters--who vote more--will go for McCain, it seems. If McCain can change his message he might do a lot better and Obama is sunk, but if McCain doesn't change it will be close, IMO.

I think that according to the percentages I posted above....Obama will be a polarizing figure in the general election...And that's not a good thing for him and says alot about the country still.

I guess both....Look at North Carolina...He won amongst blacks 90% - 10%. 1/3 of primary voters were black. Indiana the same 90%-10% but 78% of voters were white vs 62% in NC. It seems african americans are more concerned about race than whites.

And rightly so. If Hillary some how steals this via the supers, they (AA's) just won't show up in November. White Obama supporters will vote for Hillary. Now, come November if Obama is the nominee those white Hillary supporters are more apt to vote McCain.

What's the problem here? Obama must be too liberal for Hillary.

The general will hurt him over Hillary and Hillary knows it and has said it... She won't say what the real reason is though, IMO.

I think that according to the percentages I posted above....Obama will be a polarizing figure in the general election...And that's not a good thing for him and says alot about the country still.

Polarizing true. But, for what reason? Race? If that is the case, that is just sad.

You said it.

The numbers in the video I posted should be even come November no matter who gets in... Again, they are both flaming libs.

"Again, they are both flaming libs."

No doubt there....I wouldn't vote for either one if you held a gun to my head. I guess I'll be voting for McCain because he's the lesser of the 3 evils IMO. NYS is so f*&ked and Hillary hasn't don't crap to help it. Obama just scares me...he has no experience and he wayyyy left. McCain is ok....Can't say anything bad about him, I truley respect him but he could do more. Where's a real third party candidate when you need one? Jesse Ventura maybe in 2012?

No doubt there....I wouldn't vote for either one if you held a gun to my head. I guess I'll be voting for McCain because he's the lesser of the 3 evils IMO. NYS is so f*&ked and Hillary hasn't don't crap to help it. Obama just scares me...he has no experience and he wayyyy left. McCain is ok....Can't say anything bad about him, I truley respect him but he could do more. Where's a real third party candidate when you need one? Jesse Ventura maybe in 2012?

The question is not about you... I am questioning covert racism amongst the Dems themselves... Particularly older, poorer and rural Dems.

They will flock right to the overt rascist Republicans.

And rightly so. If Hillary some how steals this via the supers, they (AA's) just won't show up in November
How so? 13% of the population wasn't the majority the last time I looked. It's racist when 90% of one racial group votes for one candidate because they are the same race. They are a minority because they represent a smaller portion of the populace...That's just the facts. I agree that the policy should be inclusive of everyone but you cannot cater to the minority. They do that here in the Northern Territory wih the Aboriginal population....People are getting more racist by the day because of policies designed to cater to the Aborigines. It's one of the reasons I'm moving back to the USA.

How so? 13% of the population wasn't the majority the last time I looked. It's racist when 90% of one racial group votes for one candidate because they are the same race. They are a minority because they represent a smaller portion of the populace...That's just the facts. I agree that the policy should be inclusive of everyone but you cannot cater to the minority. They do that here in the Northern Territory wih the Aboriginal population....People are getting more racist by the day because of policies designed to cater to the Aborigines. It's one of the reasons I'm moving back to the USA.

Again... Think positive and that is not a problem!

:thumbsup:

people have racial preferences, the same we they have preferences for everything else.

the idea that people will ever be color blind is foolish.

while race will obviously be an issue, religion (the pracher for obama) and age (mccain is a bit old, obama is a bit young) will be bigger issues.

hoping that race isn't an issue as an attempt to say what is wrong with the world is just too PC.

Even amongst the people with the same ideals?

:thumbsup:

yup.

we have our biases and preferences, it's just that simple. it (race issues) gets treated like even mentioning it is a horrible unconscionable thing to do. some voters would prefer a white candidate, some prefer a black candidate. we've know this forever is it really such a bad thing?

The question is not about you... I am questioning covert racism amongst the Dems themselves... Particularly older, poorer and rural Dems.

They will flock right to the overt rascist Republicans.

Racism is not new to "liberal" dem voters. Not at all. Remember when Carl McCall ran for Governor of NY?

Look at those numbers and please tell me how many white votes you think he got in the hotbed of pseudo-liberalism?

Maybe AAs have to vote for other AAs because white liberals will not. Phoney Libs should clean up their own house and then worry about repubs being racist.

in terms of the presidential election i don't see how barak can beat mccain.

as it always does it will all come down to florida and ohio. barak is weak in both of these places. mccain is a war hero and barak is a young charmer thin on the big issues. couple that with how weak barak was vs clinton in those states and how his wife will hurt his image as a true american.

barak is very very strong with blacks, young urban voters, college kids, and the odd issues candidate. those are all people the republicans didn't have a shot with in the first place. i could see him getting a huge turnout in mass, ca, wisconsin, but losing ohio, florida, and thus the election.

You also forgot to mention that Barack is well liked among independents and even some Republicans. Also, if Barack has no chance then why is there such a push within the GOP to hope/support Hillary? They would love to face her instead of Barack.

You also forgot to mention that Barack is well liked among independents and even some Republicans. Also, if Barack has no chance then why is there such a push within the GOP to hope/support Hillary? They would love to face her instead of Barack.

many hillary supporters have been polled showing a move to mccain rather than barak. barak is a far left minority candidate without a very clear platform. it comes down to ohio and florida, nearly all the other states are determined no matter who the candidates are. barak is weak in ohio and florida, mccain is strong there.

i've made my bets, and we'll see how this all plays out.

I am sure that most of that is sour grapes. Most will fall in line with the party - never wanting to see McCain in office. Especially when the economy is the biggest issue. I also think a lot depends on who would be Barack's running mate. I personally don't see Hillary wanting a VP spot - but if she would take that position, no worries on Ohio and FLA anymore.

So vote 3rd party.

Theres bad stuff to say about McCain, as he (like the other two) are typical politicians. McCain loves to talk about balancing the budget, but the numbers don't add up. McCain positions himself as in the middle, but he votes overwhelmingly with the Republicans (as much as any other hardcore Republican).

in terms of the presidential election i don't see how barak can beat mccain.

as it always does it will all come down to florida and ohio. barak is weak in both of these places. mccain is a war hero and barak is a young charmer thin on the big issues. couple that with how weak barak was vs clinton in those states and how his wife will hurt his image as a true american.

barak is very very strong with blacks, young urban voters, college kids, and the odd issues candidate. those are all people the republicans didn't have a shot with in the first place. i could see him getting a huge turnout in mass, ca, wisconsin, but losing ohio, florida, and thus the election.

Barak [sic] believes that he can put some states into play that otherwise wouldn't be. I'll believe it when I see it, though.

So is McCain.

The push within the GOP to hope/support Hillary is to extend the election. The longer it goes on, the better it is for the Republicans. BTW, read this. Look at all of the current polling, and it becomes pretty clear that Clinton is the tougher candidate for McCain than Obama.