'Major Combat Operations In Iraq Have Ended'

WASHINGTON - The White House said Wednesday that President Bush has paid a price for the "Mission Accomplished" banner that was flown in triumph five years ago but later became a symbol of U.S. misjudgments and mistakes in the long and costly war in Iraq.

"Major combat operations in Iraq have ended," Bush said at the time. "The battle of Iraq is one victory in a war on terror that began on Sept. 11, 2001, and still goes on." The "Mission Accomplished" banner was prominently displayed above him — a move the White House came to regret as the display was mocked and became a source of controversy.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080501/ap_on_...accomplished_10

:thumbsup:

What I don't get is that many of them--like Cheney--knew what was coming. Ever see the u-tube video of Cheney from 1994 explain very propheticlly exactly what would happen if we invaded? Many of them knew and did it anyway. How do you explain that?

The very same way I explain why liberals continue to be fascinated with increasing government at every level, dumbass.

When I saw your name on the reply, I closed my eyes and tried to guess how many words you would type before the word "liberal" was mentioned. I thought it would be the second word, but you made it to number seven. Good job! :thumbsup:

Excuse me? Who oversaw the largest expansion of government in the last fifty years?

You ask the question as though I am somehow defending the current administration, which is absolutely ludicrous. You see partisan parrot, there are actually people out there who believe both Republicans AND Democrats are idiots. It's not an either/or situation when you actually use your brain. It's an emphatic "NEITHER" (as in they both suck - which I obviously need to spell out for you).

I'm not going to apologize for being completely anti-liberal. It's an absolute road to failure, which history has proven time after time. I know, I know. It'll be different "THIS" time because liberals today are way smarter than liberals in the past. :thumbsup:

When I saw your name on the reply, I closed my eyes and tried to guess how many words you would type before the word "liberal" was mentioned. I thought it would be the second word, but you made it to number seven. Good job! :thumbsup:

Which is somehow different than your incessant whining about everything non-liberal, coupled with your inability to point the same wagging finger at those who you worship so blindly? Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Which is somehow different than your incessant whining about everything non-liberal, coupled with your inability to point the same wagging finger at those who you worship so blindly? Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

You defend yourself by saying you are just like me??? Oh gees..... :D