Wow! Indy drafts THREE centers

Fingon

I was just about to start a thread on this.

We need a center and draft 0. They have Jeff Saturday and draft 3. What does Bill Polian know?

He knows you win on the line of scrimmage.

He invested mega-bucks in his QB and does not want him crippled by using scumbags on the OL.

Contrast this with the Bills approach where they consistently ignore the OL on draft day.

He invested mega-bucks in his QB and does not want him crippled by using scumbags on the OL.

Contrast this with the Bills approach where they consistently ignore the OL on draft day.

cause that 3rd center they drafted in the 7th is gonna be the guy Polian is counting on to save Manning's life...

They draft three centers. We got Melvin Fowler.

Good Lord...what am I missing here?

You're missing that the Colts are stacked at almost every posiition and don't have to draft players to start right away. They can afford to take 3 G/C and see if any of them pan out.

I think GB is trying to do the same at QB. They have Rodgers, but still took 2 QB's. When your team is very good/great you can stock up at a position to ensure you get at least 1-2 good players for the future.

Pollak is probably their center of the future, but he was a 3rd rounder. We drafted our only DE since Schobel in the 3rd round.

not like we couldn't move up and give up a 6th or 7th round special teamer to get a backup at a critical weakness on the OL

If the Bills drafted 3 centers, you would hate it.