Jordy Nelson

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So someone 6' 3" 217 running a 4.51 and a punt returner isn't "athletic?" What is the definition of a #2 other than a big, quick receiver who can run excellent routes, finds a way to get open, has great hands and must be accounted for on every play? Last year he caught 122 passes at K-State against very good defenses. Yeah, I think NFL defenses will have a hard time double-teaming Evans . . .

He's athletic in a tight end kind of way. He looks much too lumbering to make a serious impact as a starting outside NFL reciever. Just because a guy excels at the college level doesn't automatically mean that will translate on the pro level. Nelson looks like a great college receiver that will make a good slot and backup NFL receiver. He is in no way shape or form, the answer to the Bills #2 receiver problems.

Not sure about production yet, but Will Franklin (4.37) and paul Hubbard (4.38) will scare a defense a heck of a lot more.

Yes, because the faster you are, the better you will be as a pro. :thumbsup:

An unbelievable 122 receptions and 11 TDs mean nothing because he runs a 4.5. If I remember correctly, A guy named Reed ran a 'slow' 4.5 but no one could cover him.

Oh boy.

An unbelievable 122 receptions and 11 TDs mean nothing because he runs a 4.5. If I remember correctly, A guy named Reed ran a 'slow' 4.5 but no one could cover him.

Oh boy.

Extremely good point Jerry Rice didn't run sub 4.4's either

Oh boy.

Are you talking about Josh Reed? They couldn't cover him because he was on the sidelines :blink:

He's athletic in a tight end kind of way. He looks much too lumbering to make a serious impact as a starting outside NFL reciever. Just because a guy excels at the college level doesn't automatically mean that will translate on the pro level. Nelson looks like a great college receiver that will make a good slot and backup NFL receiver. He is in no way shape or form, the answer to the Bills #2 receiver problems.

How in the heck is a 4.49 lumbering especially a kid known to run precise routes? Please explain that to me.

Extremely good point Jerry Rice didn't run sub 4.4's either

Heck, Anquan Boldin ran a 4.71! That's a horrible time. Like 260lb TE time. And he had 217 receiving yards his first game, 101 receptions his rookie season, two-time pro-bowler, fastest receiver to hit 300 receptions AND 400 receptions.

40 times are important, but they are not the be-all-to-end-all. 40 times are overrated.

How in the heck is a 4.49 lumbering especially a kid known to run precise routes? Please explain that to me.

Calm down bro'. It's not like we're talking bad about one of your family members. You're also not getting the 5% as his agent or anything. This love-fest for the guy is starting to get a little strange. Calm down and have a :thumbsup: Or maybe that's the problem, you get angry when you drink :blink:

Calm down bro'. It's not like we're talking bad about one of your family members. You're also not getting the 5% as his agent or anything. This love-fest for the guy is starting to get a little strange. Calm down and have a :blink: Or maybe that's the problem, you get angry when you drink :(

I don't think he's that upset dude, maybe you should have tried to answer the question. Or maybe you couldn't :thumbsup:

Stated my opinion on the guy already, Nelson that is, and he has stated his. From his responses it seems like he is taking it personal in a way of sorts that some one would not want Nelson versus anyone else. Thank you for your response. :thumbsup:

Stated my opinion on the guy already, Nelson that is, and he has stated his. From his responses it seems like he is taking it personal in a way of sorts that some one would not want Nelson versus anyone else. Thank you for your response. :thumbsup:

You are welcome :thumbsup:

Calm down bro'. It's not like we're talking bad about one of your family members. You're also not getting the 5% as his agent or anything. This love-fest for the guy is starting to get a little strange. Calm down and have a :blink: Or maybe that's the problem, you get angry when you drink :(

I'm not upset :thumbsup:with you--I'm just having passionate discussion. I do get carried away, I admit.

We're friends. :thumbsup:

"Lumber?" Excuse me, but where do you come up with this stuff? How does a punt returner "lumber?" So he's "too big" like a TE? Sorry, but you make no sense.