Two days out, after all of my draft analysis,

Last year I was all over the Bills drafting Marshawn Lynch, this year I've been changing a whole lot on what's best for this team. Two days out, this is what I'm rolling with...

Plan A: Pick DRC at #11 if he's still there, then use our 4th (and maybe more lower round picks) to trade ahead of SF in the second round to grab Malcolm Kelly, then take Zuttah OL or Pollak C in the third.

Plan B: Trade our #11 and #41 picks for Dallas' #22 and #28. Use #22 on Thomas, Sweed or Hardy and #28 on Cason, then take Zuttah OL or Pollak C in the third.

First, let me say that I am a huge Greer supporter who was very negative on going CB first round. Well I have changed my mind. I just re-watched the Senior Bowl and the DB's NFL combine and I was just blown away at what DRC would mean to this team. This guy looks like he has off the charts ability and looked so much better than the rest of the DBs that I could not believe it. He would move Greer to the nickel and give us one of the best (if not the best) secondaries in the whole league with the added insurance if a starter were to go down we'd still be ok. DRC is quick, fast, fluid, tall who has all of the confidence in the world. I think that our team would have found the answer to Randy Moss. There is no way Moss can out run this guy and with him being tall it makes Brady's margin of error suddenly very narrow. If he's there, the Bills should (and I think will) take DRC, then work on trading back up to grab Kelly somewhere. If DRC, Albert and Rivers (the only other guys worthy of #11 that would help us) are gone, I want the Bills to trade back (see Plan B).

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year I was all over the Bills drafting Marshawn Lynch, this year I've been changing a whole lot on what's best for this team. Two days out, this is what I'm rolling with...

Plan A: Pick DRC at #11 if he's still there, then use our 4th (and maybe more lower round picks) to trade ahead of SF in the second round to grab Malcolm Kelly, then take Zuttah OL or Pollak C in the third.

Plan B: Trade our #11 and #41 picks for Dallas' #22 and #28. Use #22 on Thomas, Sweed or Hardy and #28 on Cason, then take Zuttah OL or Pollak C in the third.

Why would DAL want pick #11? :thumbsup:

DRC could be a special talent, but there's no way he'll be able to blanket randy moss by December. He may be able to take him out for a few plays here and there, but it takes more than talent to be a top cornerback.

First, let me say that I am a huge Greer supporter who was very negative on going CB first round. Well I have changed my mind. I just re-watched the Senior Bowl and the DB's NFL combine and I was just blown away at what DRC would mean to this team. This guy looks like he has off the charts ability and looked so much better than the rest of the DBs that I could not believe it. He would move Greer to the nickel and give us one of the best (if not the best) secondaries in the whole league with the added insurance if a starter were to go down we'd still be ok. DRC is quick, fast, fluid, tall who has all of the confidence in the world. I think that our team would have found the answer to Randy Moss. There is no way Moss can out run this guy and with him being tall it makes Brady's margin of error suddenly very narrow. If he's there, the Bills should (and I think will) take DRC, then work on trading back up to grab Kelly somewhere. If DRC, Albert and Rivers (the only other guys worthy of #11 that would help us) are gone, I want the Bills to trade back (see Plan B).

DRC did amazingly well in the senior bowl and in the combine, but other than that he doesn't have much to show for himself. The college production just hasn't been there. An NFL talent evaluator described him as a "bust waiting to happen."

Not only that, but any first round CB the Bills choose should be considered a "first contract and out" type player. This organization does not extend its first round CBs. I'm against taking a first round CB in general, and DRC in particular.

DRC did amazingly well in the senior bowl and in the combine, but other than that he doesn't have much to show for himself. The college production just hasn't been there. An NFL talent evaluator described him as a "bust waiting to happen."

Not only that, but any first round CB the Bills choose should be considered a "first contract and out" type player. This organization does not extend its first round CBs. I'm against taking a first round CB in general, and DRC in particular.

his cousin, Antonio Cromartie, didn't have much to show in college either. :shrug:

I think A. Cromartie started a grand total of one game in his college career.. and if i'm reading this correctly, had a total of zero interceptions.

If he had two kidneys I wouldn't mind that...but he has one...so no thanx. No DRC at all. unless he falls to round 3 where you can gamble a little.

Someone please tell me, WHAT does having one kidney have to do with anything?!?! Can anyone provide any kind of medical evidence that this makes a football player any less of a player? As far as I can tell after viewing every pre-draft program on tv over the last week and a half, this guy is a baller, with upside even. The professional prognosticaters can't even break out the number one CB in this draft but DRC is usually in the top 3. One kidney or not.

Maybe teams weren't throwing his way after his 6 interceptions in the 2006 season. This kid is the quickest, most fluid athlete I've seen in a long time. His feet are amazingly quick. I know we're all about stats and previous production here, but those NFL combine and Senior Bowl performances are all I need to see that this guy is going to be a great NFL corner. When he laid out Adarius Bowman after he caught a pass in the flat, I was sold. This kid looks awesome and I'll officially be bummed out if he's taken before us. BTW, I'm a guy who's a huge fan of Greer.

Sorry, but I'm not going to worry about 5 or 6 years down the road.

As for the NFL talent evaluator's comment, if he's currently employed by a team picking after the Bills in the first round then he's a damn liar who's only hoping his team gets a chance to select him.

Someone please tell me, WHAT does having one kidney have to do with anything?!?! Can anyone provide any kind of medical evidence that this makes a football player any less of a player? As far as I can tell after viewing every pre-draft program on tv over the last week and a half, this guy is a baller, with upside even. The professional prognosticaters can't even break out the number one CB in this draft but DRC is usually in the top 3. One kidney or not.

IT MEANS that if he takes any kind of hit in that area and it bruises or he hurts it even worse(god forbidding) he is out for a long time. :rolleyes: come on use common sense PEOPLE HAVE TWO FOR A REASON :rolleyes:

his cousin, Antonio Cromartie, didn't have much to show in college either. :shrug:

I think A. Cromartie started a grand total of one game in his college career.. and if i'm reading this correctly, had a total of zero interceptions.

Hios cousin's name is a big reason why DRC is being mentioned as a high 1st round pick

A little over-the-top don't you think? Do you have a crystal ball that has already established DRC and Kelly to be busts?

DRC may be a decent player in a few years, but not even close to worthy of a 1st rd pick. My main beef with him is that he appears to be afraid to tackle and that's not gonna fly on the Bills.

Kelly has a better chance at success...but rather than waste a pick to trade up to draft him :rolleyes: , I'd rather just pick one of the safer guys or take him if he falls to us in the 3rd round.

No crystal ball...just one man's opinion.

I have a cousin who set swimming records and another who plays guitar for a band. Guess what- I suck at swimming and guitar! Color me unimpressed by DRC. I want football players- not track stars