Has the identity of Chris Bermans "Cab Driver"

In the old days, I think it was Butler, largely because Berman was always such a friend to the Bills. TD was less inclined to share his thoughts with Berman -- but occasionally would throw his buddy Mort a bone. It was, in fact, Mort who reported the McGahee surprise pick. You are right that Berman did refer to the Whitner pick as a curveball -- but he failed to actually identify the pick ahead of time. Looking back, predicting a curveball wasn't such a huge prediction. The first 6-7 picks that year pretty well went true to form. There was no consensus pick at 8, although many pundits had us taking Ngata.

In the old days, I think it was Butler, largely because Berman was always such a friend to the Bills. TD was less inclined to share his thoughts with Berman -- but occasionally would throw his buddy Mort a bone. It was, in fact, Mort who reported the McGahee surprise pick. You are right that Berman did refer to the Whitner pick as a curveball -- but he failed to actually identify the pick ahead of time. Looking back, predicting a curveball wasn't such a huge prediction. The first 6-7 picks that year pretty well went true to form. There was no consensus pick at 8, although many pundits had us taking Ngata.

Are you sure about that? I could definitely be mistaken, but I seem to remember Berman hinting at the Bills taking McGahee right before the announcement, saying something like, "Just don't rule it out, you never know..."

I always figurd it was a combination of Butler and Adams...I know Bermen LOVED Butler... :thumbsup:

Berman was actually a speaker at Butler's memorial service, and spent some time talking about the cab driver story, and at the time he was kind of insinuating it was Butler or someone very close to him.

I remember last year Berman said something along the lines of "Lets see if the Bills decide between the RB or the CB". I really wish we would have picked Revis................................NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT!!!!!!!!!!!