2nd Round Picks

Astrobot

Numbers are Spot at Which They Should be Picked:

Likely to be Gone (Check First):

23------Dan Connor LB Penn St (don't see us picking MLB at RD#2, but twin Linebacker U guys....)

27------Jerod Mayo LB Tennessee (racing up the draft boards: was it hype or reality? Another MLB)

36------Quentin Groves LB Auburn (only actual OLB in this third of the round)

39------Curtis Lofton LB Oklahoma (this cluster of MLB's will fall)

Should Be There When We Pick at #42; Won't Last Until RD3#72 Pick

43------Martellus Bennett TE Texas A&M (Best combination blocker/receiver, more effort than Davis, young=less exper.)

45------Reggie Smith CB Oklahoma (CB-Safety hybrid is a great solution for Cover-2; 4.4 means he can also cover in man)

44------Brandon Flowers CB Virginia Tech (Some will like Flowers here, but I prefer Reggie. Flowers is too small for AFC-E)

40------Trevor Laws DT Notre Dame (Do we take a good 5th DT when we don't have a TE or CB or WR yet? Doubt it)

48------Xavier Adibi OLB Virginia Tech (Sculpted tackling machine is one of best 3 OLB's for us)

50------Antoine Cason CB Arizona (I think Cason is one of the 2 best "fits" for our defense)

60------Jordy Nelson WR Kansas State (If no WR by now, pray for Bennett-Simpson-Hubbard-Johnson-Bradford-Shilens)

66------Chilo Rachal OG USC (Best Guard not named Albert, and fits our line size)

Just Say No:

44------Early Doucet WR LSU (If you took your WR in RD#1, it's too ...uh...Early. If you want a tall threat, it's not Early.)

51------Joe Flacco QB Delaware (The Board would crash)

57------Justin King CB Penn St (He's just an average tackler, had a shoulder injury, he's amidst Smith-Flowers-Cason)

58------Pat Sims DT Auburn (If you didn't take Laws, why are you taking Sims?)

73------Charles Godfrey CB Iowa (Wait until RD#3, he's good but be patient)

Discuss.

Astro

If we draft WR or somewhere on the line with our 1st, I like Cason.

If we draft CB with our 1st, I would like the Bills to consider Jordy Nelson or seriously consider LB (preferably Mayo if there but would def settle for Adibi).

Between the two scenarios there, which would you prefer?

You don't like Early Doucet, Astro? I know he is not the tall WR we are looking for but he is a playmaker. If we went defense in round one I like Doucet in the second a lot. Mayo and Groves are two of my favorite players in the draft, and two players I would target if we traded down in the first. Sims is a great player but does not seem dedicated. I like Godfrey a lot too and he would be a great pick in the third round. He is a helluva a lot more physical then DRC

You don't like Early Doucet, Astro? I know he is not the tall WR we are looking for but he is a playmaker. If we went defense in round one I like Doucet in the second a lot. Mayo and Groves are two of my favorite players in the draft, and two players I would target if we traded down in the first. Sims is a great player but does not seem dedicated. I like Godfrey a lot too and he would be a great pick in the third round. He is a helluva a lot more physical then DRC

Don't we already have a solidly built, 5'11" LSU receiver who is unafraid to go over the middle?...Josh somebody?

Anyway in the CB department, I like McKelvin, Cromartie, Cason, Godfrey, in that order. But I hope by trading around they can take all three priorities (WR, TE, CB) in the 3 early rounds, and so I'm trying not to "lock on" to one player.

Don't we already have a solidly built, 5'11" LSU receiver who is unafraid to go over the middle?...Josh somebody?

Anyway in the CB department, I like McKelvin, Cromartie, Cason, Godfrey, in that order. But I hope by trading around they can take all three priorities (WR, TE, CB) in the 3 early rounds, and so I'm trying not to "lock on" to one player.

Doucet is 6' 207. Reed is 5'10 and weighs about the same. Doucet's a little faster. I wouldn't mind him, I guess.

I do not think you are giving Doucet enough credit. For the past two years when you watch LSU highlights Doucet is everywhere. He has great hands, run's good routes, and is decent at blocking. I am a Josh Reed fan- but I think it is unfair to compare Doucet to Reed. Which WR do you like in the second round?

What about TE's? I like Bennett in the second or Kellen Davis in the third. Who do you want us to draft at TE? What round?

Doucet is a much more well rounded wr then reed. Remember Reed only had 2 years experience at wideout, as he was originally brought to LSU as a rb. Doucet is quicker off breaks, with more overal speed, as well as a terror after the catch. No he's not 6'5, but height isn't everything. Talent always trumps size regardless. Doucet has potential to be the #2 wr everyone is clamoring for. Without wasting a high pick on the flavor of the day. Drafting strictly for size is how you end up with The Reggie Williams,Mike Williams, Dwayne Jarrett, and Matt Jone's of the world.

Between the two scenarios there, which would you prefer?

I would prefer the first scenario only if we stay put and draft either Albert or Harvey and then get Cason in the 2nd. We can still get a tall playmaking WR later in the draft. One WR that I love that is comparable to James Hardy is Marcus Monk out of Arkansas. He kinda got overshadowed by the two headed monster of McFadden and Felix Jones, but he is tall (6' 6") and ran a 4.5 forty.

There is a lot of value, I believe, in the CB and WR to be had in the middle rounds of this draft.