Round #3:

Astrobot

Round 3, #72

Likely Gone, But Check First!!

-----55 Chilo Rachal OG - USC 315, 5.12 (2nd only to Albert in potential at OG)

-----62 Earl Bennett WR-Vandy 6'0 209 4.4, has SEC record in receptions

-----63 Roy Schuening OG - OreState (I like Rachal better for our line)

-----64 Charles Godfrey CB- Iowa (Chris Brown recommended Godfrey, and this is a perfect spot for a good CB)

-----65 Jerome Simpson WR-CCU (6'2, 4.4, 199, 10.75" hands. What's not to like, Lori?)

-----67 Red Bryant DT - TX (I hope he'd be there if we haven't picked up our 4th DT rotation guy)

-----68 Brad Cottam TE - Tenn (injury history, but good blocker, and his 16ypc is better than Carlson, Davis, Bennett)

Likely There, in Order of Preference:

-----72 Mike Pollak OC Arizona St (Mangold 2?)

-----89 John Carlson TE - ND 272, above avg block,10ypc (If first 2 picks aren't a TE, time to do it---Stevens is last chance)

-----77 Tyvon Branch CB Connecticut (a BB gun incident keeps him out of the top CB's but he's the fastest)

-----71 Xavier Adibi OLB Virginia Tech (could be the steal of the round, 3rd best OLB after Rivers, Groves)

-----80 Tyrell Johnson SS -Arkansas St (would compete for a turn at starter in some coverages)

-----88 Bruce Davis OLB - UCLA (love his swagger, love his blitz)

Could Also Consider:

-----79 Eddie Royal WR - Va Tech 4.3 (Kick Returns and a possession receiver)

-----81 Ray Rice RB Rutgers (don't need one, but I expect him to fall to here, so great value)

-----78 Erin Henderson OLB Maryland (another player who fell after real football was over--good value)

-----91 Andre Woodson QB- Kentucky (a little early for the next backup, but both would be good ones)

-----101 Josh Johnson QB - SD- 6'3 4.5 (Lynch cousin--I'd be tempted to wait til the late 5th/6th for Dixon, O'Connell)

I think the 3rd round is our TE round.....hopefully we can trade down in the first get our WR and get a additional 3rd.....so we can take a TE and ????

...pick one!

-----89 John Carlson TE - ND 272, above avg block,10ypc (If first 2 picks aren't TE, do it)

-----77 Tyvon Branch CB - CT (BB gun incident keeps him out of the top CB's, he's fastest)

-----71 Xavier Adibi OLB Virginia Tech (steal of the round, 3rd best OLB after Rivers, Groves)

-----80 Tyrell Johnson SS -Arkansas St (would compete for a turn at starter)

-----81 Ray Rice RB Rutgers (don't need one, but I expect him to fall to here, so great value)

-----78 Erin Henderson OLB Maryland (another player who fell after real football was over)

-----91 Andre Woodson QB- Kentucky (a little early for the next backup, but would be good)

-----101 Josh Johnson QB - SD- 6'3 4.5 (Lynch cousin--wait til the late 5th/6th for Dixon)

Well....Carlson is there

It's going to be a contest for me between -----Carlson and Tyvon Branch at this spot. One of those won't have been picked in RD#1,2. Pollak is good, but I'd rather go line later than 3rd.

Carlson would be a great pick at that point. Adibi is intriguing but the undersized VT linebackers usually disappoint in the pros.

The only reason I don't see it as a "great" pick is that it means we either didn't get Fred Davis or Martellus Bennett, or still haven't picked a tall WR in Rounds 1 and 2. I see Carlson as the Chevy Malibu you settled for rather than the Lexus GS450h you could have picked. Both might get you where you want to go, but one might get you there faster.

I'm liking the Charles Godfrey and Mike Pollack picks. Although I could see Pollack lasting until the fourth round.

You bring up a good point. Pollack was at #44 on DraftTek's Big Board last month, is at #62 now, and was the most recent simulation's Bills' pick in Round 3, at #72. But I doubt he'd last to #111 at our pick.

Well the choices in the thread didn't include Davis or Bennett. I like Bennett due to the great size. Davis is basically a WR playing TE, not really a blocker at all. As no TE got a round one grade, not sure there is a Lexus in the group.

The only reason I don't see it as a "great" pick is that it means we either didn't get Fred Davis or Martellus Bennett, or still haven't picked a tall WR in Rounds 1 and 2. I see Carlson as the Chevy Malibu you settled for rather than the Lexus GS450h you could have picked. Both might get you where you want to go, but one might get you there faster.

Round 3, #72

Likely Gone, But Check First!!

-----55 Chilo Rachal OG - USC 315, 5.12 (2nd only to Albert in potential at OG)

-----62 Earl Bennett WR-Vandy 6'0 209 4.4, has SEC record in receptions

-----63 Roy Schuening OG - OreState (I like Rachal better for our line)

-----64 Charles Godfrey CB- Iowa (Chris Brown recommended Godfrey, and this is a perfect spot for a good CB)

-----65 Jerome Simpson WR-CCU (6'2, 4.4, 199, 10.75" hands. What's not to like, Lori?)

-----67 Red Bryant DT - TX (I hope he'd be there if we haven't picked up our 4th DT rotation guy)

-----68 Brad Cottam TE - Tenn (injury history, but good blocker, and his 16ypc is better than Carlson, Davis, Bennett)

-----89 John Carlson TE - ND 272, above avg block,10ypc (If first 2 picks aren't a TE, time to do it---Stevens is last chance)

-----77 Tyvon Branch CB Connecticut (a BB gun incident keeps him out of the top CB's but he's the fastest)

-----71 Xavier Adibi OLB Virginia Tech (could be the steal of the round, 3rd best OLB after Rivers, Groves)

-----80 Tyrell Johnson SS -Arkansas St (would compete for a turn at starter in some coverages)

Could Also Consider:

-----78 Erin Henderson OLB Maryland (another player who fell after real football was over--good value)

-----91 Andre Woodson QB- Kentucky (a little early for the next backup, but both would be good ones)

-----101 Josh Johnson QB - SD- 6'3 4.5 (Lynch cousin--I'd be tempted to wait til the late 5th/6th for Dixon, O'Connell)

Simpson or Pollack are the best options. I would love to get two good WRs in the draft and really shore up the position, but if we take one in the first, say Thomas or Sweed or Hardy, we should take Pollack here. We need an upgrade at cnter and this guy looks like a beast. Then get Schmitt in the Fourth and take BPA after that.

Chilo Rachal is my guy. You guys see him at the combine, dude is a monster. I think he would push Butler for his spot. Or it might be an option for Buffalo at the center spot.

Chilo is definitely on my short list. He's a Guard, with bulk enough to play on our beefy line, and the OC's at this spot in the draft just aren't the Bills type. Have to agree, he'd be the "Whaaaa...?" pick like Edwards last year in Round 3. But everybody would see their wisdom by the Preseason games.

Mike Pollack is a big nasty center and the best center in the draft. He'd be a great addition to the O-Line and would challenge for starting job if we took him. Carlson would probably start by the end of the year. Picking up an extra third somehow and grabbing both of them would be great. I'd love to toughen up the offense though. TE fred davis(fingers crossed) in the second. Add Pollack in the 3rd, Peyton Hillis in the 4th. Its crazy but I like Mark Bradford from Stanford as the wideout we take later on in the draft rather than getting one in the first or second.

Mike Pollack is a big nasty center and the best center in the draft. He'd be a great addition to the O-Line and would challenge for starting job if we took him. Carlson would probably start by the end of the year. Picking up an extra third somehow and grabbing both of them would be great. I'd love to toughen up the offense though. TE fred davis(fingers crossed) in the second. Add Pollack in the 3rd, Peyton Hillis in the 4th. Its crazy but I like Mark Bradford from Stanford as the wideout we take later on in the draft rather than getting one in the first or second.

Bradford's only 6'1", but his 41" vertical makes him 6'6"!!!! Plus he has chemistry with Trent Edwards.

Bradford's only 6'1", but his 41" vertical makes him 6'6"!!!! Plus he has chemistry with Trent Edwards.

6'1 is plenty tall compared to our other guys. I see the Bills trying to improve between the hashes with some interior offensive players in this draft. C, TE are bigger offensive priorities IMO than WR.

6'1 is plenty tall compared to our other guys. I see the Bills trying to improve between the hashes with some interior offensive players in this draft. C, TE are bigger offensive priorities IMO than WR.

I did a study on the effective height of each WR, adding their height to their vertical. Bradford in Round 7 was Top 6:

Keenan Burton

Arman Shields

Mark Bradford

Pierre Garcon

Taj Smith

Limas Sweed

...pick one!

-----89 John Carlson TE - ND 272, above avg block,10ypc (If first 2 picks aren't TE, do it)

-----77 Tyvon Branch CB - CT (BB gun incident keeps him out of the top CB's, he's fastest)

-----71 Xavier Adibi OLB Virginia Tech (steal of the round, 3rd best OLB after Rivers, Groves)

-----80 Tyrell Johnson SS -Arkansas St (would compete for a turn at starter)

-----78 Erin Henderson OLB Maryland (another player who fell after real football was over)

-----91 Andre Woodson QB- Kentucky (a little early for the next backup, but would be good)

-----101 Josh Johnson QB - SD- 6'3 4.5 (Lynch cousin--wait til the late 5th/6th for Dixon)

I would like Pollak (I am an ASU fan) or Branch, depending on his size. I also like both of the Quarterbacks...but, I would really be happy if we picked up Xavier Adibi! I think he is going to be a STUD in the NFL, similar to DeMeco Ryans. I would rather go in another direction, like WR or TE, but if I have to pick off THIS list...those are my choices.