Shaun Alexander

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/24259476/

Wow, this is pretty shocking stuff. Could be Seattle needs to move up and take a RB, I doubt McFadden makes it out of the top 10 but Mendenhall has been seen on a lot of boards.

I wouldn't mind moving back and grabbing Seattles 1st and maybe 2nd or 3rd. Someone quick pull out your draft calculator.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/24259476/

Wow, this is pretty shocking stuff. Could be Seattle needs to move up and take a RB, I doubt McFadden makes it out of the top 10 but Mendenhall has been seen on a lot of boards.

I wouldn't mind moving back and grabbing Seattles 1st and maybe 2nd or 3rd. Someone quick pull out your draft calculator.

just another reason why you don't give big money to a RB on their second contact - sorry marshawn!

Wow. Talk about throwing draft boards out the window. If you are a team (i.e. Jets) who are looking at taking a RB in the first round or two, you need to seriously evaluate the benefit SA would provide you.

VERY interesting

Would the Jets really take RB if it wasn't the best player in the draft? Thomas Jones is runnin' pretty darn well.

I don't think this is all that interesting. Alexander hasn't been the same the past two years, and will be one of the lower-end starters in the league. The Seahawks are set with Julius Jones, and have bigger needs, so I'm not sure that they'll trade up to grab a RB.

Wow. Talk about throwing draft boards out the window. If you are a team (i.e. Jets) who are looking at taking a RB in the first round or two, you need to seriously evaluate the benefit SA would provide you.

VERY interesting

Which would be nothing. Alexander was great once upon time. He's softer then then rose petals

Would the Jets really take RB if it wasn't the best player in the draft? Thomas Jones is runnin' pretty darn well.

I don't think this is all that interesting. Alexander hasn't been the same the past two years, and will be one of the lower-end starters in the league. The Seahawks are set with Julius Jones, and have bigger needs, so I'm not sure that they'll trade up to grab a RB.

i agree - i don't see alexander going anywhere that wouldn't require him to compete for snaps

why would Seattle cut Alexander now? If I were GM I would of tried to trade him on draft day and get whatever I could for him. This also shows Seattle's hand- they are hurting at RB.

Side note they grabbed Julius Jones

why would Seattle cut Alexander now? If I were GM I would of tried to trade him on draft day and get whatever I could for him. This also shows Seattle's hand- they are hurting at RB.

They are? Julius Jones, TJ Duckett, Maurice Morris isn't a bad trio. Hell, SA's stats last year:

207 attempts, 716 yards, 3.5 yard average, 4 TDs.

JJ: 165 attempts, 588 yards, 3.6 yard average, 2 TDs (MB III got the goal line carries).

I fail to see how they can't easily replace Alexander's productivity with JJ (and in fact will upgrade it)

Side note they grabbed Julius Jones

I also believe they signed TJ Duckett as well. I'm sure the Seachickens tried everything they could do to unload SA before the draft to a willing suitor, however, there has been no question around the league that he is a shell of his former MVP self.

Anytime a RB has more than 400 touches in a season (as in the case of SA's MVP season) it has been widely documented that they are oft injured and not as productive as they were before that.

Most teams, as a result, have adopted a RB by committee approach to help offset that.

sure, but how about they cut him on Monday? What is the advantage now?

He has been a classy guy within their organization for many years. maybe they are just giving him a fair shot to sign with another club which may need a back before the draft.

He has been a classy guy within their organization for many years. maybe they are just giving him a fair shot to sign with another club which may need a back before the draft.

Eh, it'd be nice to think that. But the Seahawks have known they're going in a different direction for a while. If that was there intention, it would have been more appropriate to release him closer to March 1st when more dollars were available.

Eh, it'd be nice to think that. But the Seahawks have known they're going in a different direction for a while. If that was there intention, it would have been more appropriate to release him closer to March 1st when more dollars were available.

maybe they have been quitely shopping him around until now but couldn't find a team to dance with, so they cut him before the draft to give him a chance to sign with somebody.

You mean like when he whined about not getting a goaline carry because he wanted to win the rushing title even though he got stuffed on the previous play?