According to WEEI, Boston....

...there was no mention of Bobby Shaw signing with the Patriots. I know they are obsessed with the Yanks/Sox game right now, so much so they haven't said word one about the Pats and Seahawks this weekend, but when they do their sports casts, and they mention the Pats, they say nothing about signing Shaw.

PTR

...Shaw had to be that "player to be named later" in the Bledsoe deal a few years back. :lol:

Promo, is Dead Sox Nation in panic mode?

71770[/snapback]

No, believe it or not. They actually think they can win the next 3 games. That would actually make more sense because the Red Sox never just choke...they give their fans a reason to believe...then choke.

PTR

No, believe it or not.  They actually think they can win the next 3 games.  That would actually make more sense because the Red Sox never just choke...they give their fans a reason to believe...then choke.

PTR

72003[/snapback]

They very well could win the next 3 games. Doubtful...but possible.

I think Arrojo is going to get lit up. Everyone is banking on the fact that "the Sox hit better at home". Well, DUH. Fenway is a hitters paradise! The Yanks will hit better at Fenway too. So I say it balances out.

I can see these next three games being higher scoring, but I would rather have Brown on the hill (an ace with playoff expierence) over Arrojo (good, but young and can be rattled) anyday. But Wakefield vs a banged up Hernandez is a good matchup for the Sox.

So if they can beat Brown (certainly possible) and get a good outing from Wakefield then it could be 2-2.

But then Lowe will pitch game 5...not good.

They very well could win the next 3 games. Doubtful...but possible.

I think Arrojo is going to get lit up. Everyone is banking on the fact that "the Sox hit better at home". Well, DUH. Fenway is a hitters paradise! The Yanks will hit better at Fenway too. So I say it balances out.

I can see these next three games being higher scoring, but I would rather have Brown on the hill (an ace with playoff expierence) over Arrojo (good, but young and can be rattled) anyday. But Wakefield vs a banged up Hernandez is a good matchup for the Sox.

So if they can beat Brown (certainly possible) and get a good outing from Wakefield then it could be 2-2.

But then Lowe will pitch game 5...not good.

72004[/snapback]

I suspect Pedro will pitch game 5 now.

They'll try to get Schilling doped up for game 6 and then throw Arroyo on 3 days if there is a game 7.

A lot needs to go right for the Sox, and it has to start today.

...Shaw had to be that "player to be named later" in the Bledsoe deal a few years back. :lol:

71770[/snapback]

the same could be said of larry centers last year.

what scares me is the trend of the pats signing our cast offs and turning around and winning the super bowl

2001: Antwain Smith

2003: Larry Centers

could bobby shaw be the piece that gives them their 3rd in 4 years :P