mere discussion of trade with eagles

The Delaware County Times believes the Eagles would like to trade up to No. 11 to select Virginia OL Brandon Albert.

The Bills would then select Michigan St. WR Devin Thomas with the No. 19 pick. Philadelphia has 11 draft picks and veteran CB Lito Sheppard to dangle as trade bait, but this particular scenario smacks of idle beat writer musing.

The Delaware County Times believes the Eagles would like to trade up to No. 11 to select Virginia OL Brandon Albert.

The Bills would then select Michigan St. WR Devin Thomas with the No. 19 pick. Philadelphia has 11 draft picks and veteran CB Lito Sheppard to dangle as trade bait, but this particular scenario smacks of idle beat writer musing.

Oh snap....looks like we found out trade partner. But I wonder what we're going to be asking for besides their first round pick.

It sounds really nice on paper, but I'll take the draft pick. Sheppard is going to want a new deal and I don't think the Bills will pony up the cash for him before they attempt new deals with some of our own.

That's the component of the move that people are forgetting about. I'd love to swap picks for Lito, but I have no idea what he'd be asking for.

If we can draft a WR at 19, I prefer Sweed actually, and get Lito, then we would have a proven NFL CB who goes against TO and Plax every year, TWICE! He would be the upgrade at a position of need AND we get the WR we most covet. then go TE in round 2 and this team with be a force next year

I've also read that the Pats may be after Lito as well to fill the Asante hole. Those rumors have them offering up their very late 2 for him. Not quite sure if that makes sense, however--why pay Lito when you weren't going to pay Asante?

If we can draft a WR at 19, I prefer Sweed actually, and get Lito, then we would have a proven NFL CB who goes against TO and Plax every year, TWICE! He would be the upgrade at a position of need AND we get the WR we most covet. then go TE in round 2 and this team with be a force next year

That would indeed be a great trade for the Bills. Go OC and/or DE in Rds 3 and 4 and hit on those picks this year (i.e., get a DE that can actually be a good backup for Schobel and Dennelsay to the tune of 3-4 sacks as a rookie backup and an OC that can push Fowler for the starting job) and dare I say it, we'd have a great team for a number of years.....

I've also read that the Pats may be after Lito as well to fill the Asante hole. Those rumors have them offering up their very late 2 for him. Not quite sure if that makes sense, however--why pay Lito when you weren't going to pay Asante?

Although we don't really know what Lito would be asking for contract wise, there's no way they would have to pay him anywhere near the contract Samuel got.

Read the article. There is absolutely NO reference to actual talks, it's just one reporters speculation on what the Eagles should do. Also, the article does not mention trading up to us and giving us Sheppard, it talks about giving us a 1 and 2 and trading Sheppard to someone else to get more picks. Basically, no truth to the title