Kelly runs another bad forty time today

You can almost see a Thurman Thomas situation developing (if Kelly wasn't such a whiner).

If he can play at the next level, just think of the massive chip he'd be carrying for motivation each week.

[/quot

Agreed. He would have a chip on his shoulder but as soon as he didnt get the ball thrown to him atleast 5 or 6 times per game I vould see him sulking on the sidelines and being a distraction rather than an asset to the team.

Right but at the same time just because Kelly is pretty good at those things and not great then speed is a factor for him. Kelly was a mid first round WR at best when people thought he could run a 4.5 but he has dropped because of those .02 sec. He didn't drop because he got any worse at coming off the line He dropped because coming off the line really well will only get you so far unless you have an elite or exceptional set of hands, size and amazing route running. That combination is rare and while Kelly has good hands and good size that's about where it ends for him. If he had shown that he could run faster then thought well, then we might have something. The guy reminds me of Dewayne Jarrett, If Jarett was a little slower.

I guess we'll agree to disagree, then?

I still think Kelly will be a very good WR in the NFL, because one thing that sets him apart from the Jarrett comparison is his work ethic. Personally, I think that's huge in this league. His fantastic leaping ability, IMO, will be huge for him as well.

I guess we'll agree to disagree, then?

I still think Kelly will be a very good WR in the NFL, because one thing that sets him apart from the Jarrett comparison is his work ethic. Personally, I think that's huge in this league. His fantastic leaping ability, IMO, will be huge for him as well.

I can agree to disagree :lol: . It's one of my favorite things to do. :lol:

Right but at the same time just because Kelly is pretty good at those things and not great then speed is a factor for him. Kelly was a mid first round WR at best when people thought he could run a 4.5 but he has dropped because of those .02 sec. He didn't drop because he got any worse at coming off the line He dropped because coming off the line really well will only get you so far unless you have an elite or exceptional set of hands, size and amazing route running. That combination is rare and while Kelly has good hands and good size that's about where it ends for him. If he had shown that he could run faster then thought well, then we might have something. The guy reminds me of Dewayne Jarrett, If Jarett was a little slower.

I don't think anyone disagrees that he (Kelly) should drop to the 2nd round, it's just that there is a deep obsession amongst lots of NFL fans about 40 time, likely derived from the various national outlets that cover football and Mel Kiper. It is a factor, but the poster is right that it is MUCH more important to find out if he "explodes" out of his cut, can use his hands, find holes in zones, etc. etc. The only time the 40 time is actually going to matter at all is in a chase after the catch or if the WR is running a go or 9 route.

Agreed. He would have a chip on his shoulder but as soon as he didnt get the ball thrown to him atleast 5 or 6 times per game I vould see him sulking on the sidelines and being a distraction rather than an asset to the team.

Name me a WR who doesn't do this. Seriously, I think it's par for the course.

Malcolm Kelly....Oklahoma WR Malcolm Kelly ran another disapointing forty time this morning...Kelly was timed at 4.65 in the forty on what is considered to be a very fast astro-turf type surface at Oklahoma...the New York Giants and the Green Bay Packers were the only teams to send representatives to see his workout. :P

link:

http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/2008draftnews.html

Official 2nd rounder. :wallbash: