Anything to get elected

Wacka

Hey, I would be in favor of wiping out every single budget of every single government program in the country and auditing it, and starting over, and making everyone prove what they need the money for and exactly where it is going. I think the government wastes over half of all money it spends, probably well over half. But the government also does a lot of good with that money and one of the things is funding medical research. I am not saying that stem cell research is going to cure all these diseases, but I am saying that out of the trillions that the government spends, a few hundred million toward this research is a great idea because of what may happen, according to the scientists themselves.

72138[/snapback]

Ooh, scientists looking for a handout say something great may happen if they get it? That's news.

THAT is ridiculous and insulting. Edwards didnt come remotely close to implying that policies of Bush kept him in a wheelchair.

72109[/snapback]

Your a bright fellow, and certain enough of your 'fair' mindedness to include it in your alias. If you step back from your near rabid liberal perspective you will see that statement is EXACTLY what it has been made out to be - an indictment on Bush thru grotesque inuendo:

"if we can do the work that we can do in this country -- the work we will do when John Kerry is president -- people like Christopher Reeve are going to walk" translates to: "if we can do the work that we can do in this country -- (the work that George Bush is preventing) -- people like Christopher Reeve are going to walk." Besides being a gross misrepresentaion, it suffers for other and obvious reasons.

The very fact Edwards is speaking on this subject in the first place is to contrast Kerry policies from Bush's. Too suggest that he is just making happy-faced chitchat with potential voters is to refuse to see the simplist of logical decontruction. In this you are only kidding yourself.

That Edwards suggests such things will be different w/ Kerry's "plan", and that people like Reeves will walk again is pandering on the most dangerous of levels. A classic apppeal that circumvents true reason and thinking, and goes directly to the great source of manipulation - the emotions. In other words, Edwards at his finest - the master ambulance chaser / trial lawyer.