If we trade back into the 1st

I don't know how to calculate the value formula for draft picks, but would we have to trade our 2nd to get back in the 1st round or would it be a 3rd and combo of another pick? Anyone have an idea?

According to this draft value chart (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/features/valuechart.html), our 2nd and third round picks should move us up to about 25 or 26 and our 2nd and 4th would move us up to around the 34 or 35 pick.....

I don't know how to calculate the value formula for draft picks, but would we have to trade our 2nd to get back in the 1st round or would it be a 3rd and combo of another pick? Anyone have an idea?

I'm confuzzed...(even more than usual) Why would it cost us picks to move back in the draft?

Go Bills!

I believe he's talking about picking at 11 and moving back into the first round (probably pick 25 or lower) and getting two first rounders. My feeling is that the Bills might mortgage the 2009 1st rounder to find the impact players this year. The value for a 1st next year is equivilent to the 16th pick next year (middle pick in the round).

I believe he's talking about picking at 11 and moving back into the first round (probably pick 25 or lower) and getting two first rounders. My feeling is that the Bills might mortgage the 2009 1st rounder to find the impact players this year. The value for a 1st next year is equivilent to the 16th pick next year (middle pick in the round).

Gotcha...thanks!

Go Bills!

I hope they don't do that. I don't think we are a player away from being a dominant team, but I do think we have a good shot at the playoffs. If we trade our first next year and just fall short of making the places, or making noise in the playoffs, it would hurt not to have a 1st rounder (unless we did well in FA to address certain needs)

I hope they don't do that. I don't think we are a player away from being a dominant team, but I do think we have a good shot at the playoffs. If we trade our first next year and just fall short of making the places, or making noise in the playoffs, it would hurt not to have a 1st rounder (unless we did well in FA to address certain needs)

I agree--if they go Harvey at 11, however, and someone like Thomas, Hardy or Sweed is still there at 25 or 26, I wouldn't mind seeing them package our 2 and 3 to get them. That way we'd get that pass rusher we need and that extra WR target. I know we still need a TE and C potentially, but I think we can get the C in Rd 4 and in my dreams we'll be able to get a 3 for JP and use that on the TE (whoever's left of Davis, Keller, Bennett (all unlikely), or Cottam or Carlson from ND).

but I think we can get the C in Rd 4 and in my dreams we'll be able to get a 3 for JP and use that on the TE (whoever's left of Davis, Keller, Bennett (all unlikely), or Cottam or Carlson from ND).

When you wake up Monday the 28th JP will still be the backup QB

I agree--if they go Harvey at 11, however, and someone like Thomas, Hardy or Sweed is still there at 25 or 26, I wouldn't mind seeing them package our 2 and 3 to get them. That way we'd get that pass rusher we need and that extra WR target. I know we still need a TE and C potentially, but I think we can get the C in Rd 4 and in my dreams we'll be able to get a 3 for JP and use that on the TE (whoever's left of Davis, Keller, Bennett (all unlikely), or Cottam or Carlson from ND).

That would be great but I don't see us trading JP. That means we need all the picks we can get to address WR, TE, C, DB, and DE. I those are our needs, in that order

I don't think it's worth trying to get back into the first round because we need these picks in order to get depth.

I don't think it's worth trying to get back into the first round because we need these picks in order to get depth.

I'm not gonna disagree with you on that, but I really do hope that we get either Sweed, Thomas, Hardy, or Kelly. We need one of these guys, IMO, just not at 11

The proper way to say that move is to say " Move up from the second round" then we know what your real question is !

PFT just posted a new "Draft Value Chart" that is allegedly making the rounds this year.

This will give you an idea of what each pick is valued at. That way you know what it would take for a team to trade up with us (so we could move back in round 1) or for us to trade up and get another pick in the 1st.

you bet-

the more marginal training camp fodder, the better.

Bills should use those lower round picks to gain more 3rd picks where they can get players that may start some day.

Fan in San Diego,I didn't say "move up from round two, I said mortgage the future pick in 2009 (1st rounder) to find two impact players in THIS years draft! Obviously, the Bills would have to package another pick to pull this off, but San Francisco did this last year for OT Joe Staley, that's why the Patriots own the 7th overall pick this year. I wouldn't mind a combo of Derrick Harvey and Limas Sweed, as an example. This type of bold move could put the Bills into contention, IMO!!