JUST SAY NO TO SWEED AT 11

Being from the midwest and a Mizzou alum, I've got to see a lot of Sweed, Kelley, and Nelson over the last couple of seasons and if I were to rank them as to who I'd want as a number 2 for the Bills it would be..........

1. Kelley

2. Nelson

3. Sweed

Sweed might have the best measurables but in the games I've seen him play (I'd say I've seen each of these kids play in 5-10 games maybe more from Kelley) he never stuck me as someone who was a game changing playmaker. He just strikes me as one of these players who will be a mediocre pro. Kelley on the other hand could really make the spectacular catch and I've seen him just straight up overmatch some of the smaller college CBs. I think his poor workout might have been a blessing in disguise.......Kelley in Rd 2 is a much better & safer pick than Sweed at 11 IMHO. I'll admit I've only seen D. Thomas a handfull of times but he is a difference maker in my opinion...runs really well after the catch and will be able to make more plays than the rest of the WRs after the ball is in his hands. If we take a WR in round 1 I hope its D. Thomas, either that or wait untill Rd 2 and take whoever is left.

I may be reading way to much into this but I am just not that enthused about Kelly after his outburst.....

- Should he have been upset when his running place got changed......absolutely

- Should he have taken it up with the coaches....you bet and had every right

But to lose it out in front of everyone just says to me "headcase" when Malcom malcontent gets to the NFL he is going to be tested each and every week by players as good as or better then he ever faced in college......how is he going to react? It is just too big a risk with such a high pick even if it is the 2nd round.

Limus Sweed on the other hand has reputation of being a worker......that means he isn't going to stop working on his game when he gets to the pros...workers dont fold under pressure......I love Limus Sweed.

As far as Devin Thomas....he too much be a worker to work his way up to the Div I level...nothing was given to him.

I dont want either of them at 11......at this point I would much rather have Harvey and then trade up for Sweed or Thomas.....

Being from the midwest and a Mizzou alum, I've got to see a lot of Sweed, Kelley, and Nelson over the last couple of seasons and if I were to rank them as to who I'd want as a number 2 for the Bills it would be..........

1. Kelley

2. Nelson

3. Sweed

Sweed might have the best measurables but in the games I've seen him play (I'd say I've seen each of these kids play in 5-10 games maybe more from Kelley) he never stuck me as someone who was a game changing playmaker. He just strikes me as one of these players who will be a mediocre pro. Kelley on the other hand could really make the spectacular catch and I've seen him just straight up overmatch some of the smaller college CBs. I think his poor workout might have been a blessing in disguise.......Kelley in Rd 2 is a much better & safer pick than Sweed at 11 IMHO. I'll admit I've only seen D. Thomas a handfull of times but he is a difference maker in my opinion...runs really well after the catch and will be able to make more plays than the rest of the WRs after the ball is in his hands. If we take a WR in round 1 I hope its D. Thomas, either that or wait untill Rd 2 and take whoever is left.

I think the Bills should seriously consider taking Limas Sweed. Pat Kirwin has him ranked as the best WR in this year's class.

Normally, taking a WR in the first is very risky. I read an article on NFL.com about the topic. Of the first round WRs it looked at, the overwhelming majority either hadn't had any 1000 yard seasons, or else had just one such season.

The article went on to say that the reason WR was so hard a position to evaluate is because, in college, a lot of elite WRs rely on sheer athleticism to get open. In the pros, you can't "out-athlete" the opposing defensive back unless your name is Randy Moss. A lot of times, college WRs that relied on "out-athleting" the defensive back fail to make the transition to the pros.

What makes Sweed a solid pick is that he's the most "polished" (read: NFL ready) of the upper echelon receiving class. Kirwin wrote,

Limas stayed in college for four year and refined his route running and ability to read coverages. There is a lot less risk with Sweed than many of the other receivers. He had 39 starts in college football as opposed to Devin Thomas with 13 college starts. As he said to me in our discussions, "I know how to get open, I can leap and the best thing I do is adjust to the ball." Sweed will not be in the dark when he lines up against NFL secondary, while some of the other candidates just might be lost. Finally, this guy has excellent character. Draft projection: Round 1.

I also really like what I've read about his work ethic; and I think that can make a huge difference in the NFL. I've heard it said that Jerry Rice worked harder than you'd expect from a rookie free agent struggling to make the final roster. I don't think Sweed is the next Jerry Rice, but all else being equal, I'd just as soon have a guy that also has an outstanding work ethic. At 6'4", and with the second-highest vertical leap of the 11 WRs mentioned, Sweed can be exactly the target the Bills need in the red zone. I'd be perfectly happy for the Bills to trade down and take Sweed; and I'd even be content if they stayed put and took him at #11.