does it matter kelly ran 4.68?

I love how some are calling this a tantrum. The guy flat out delivered on the field. His on field performance had him projected to make several million dollars more then what he now stands to earn. Lets say you kicked ass at your job and made great money. Then your company made you perform an aptitude test that you didn't do so well at. They then cut your salary in half. Would you be throwing a "tantrum". You can debate the analogy, but the guy is getting screwed more then Jenna Jamison at this point.

Sort of in an different situation in my job ive been continually getting the best reports and ive been passed over for the promotion several times by co workers who come up to me asking what to do. But ive never thrown a tantrum or blamed anyone else for it. i asked my superior how i could improve and how i could get that job. Eventually ill get it or ill move on.

What bugged me was him blaming everybody. I have no patience for that in any situation. Kelly should have been able to run faster in any situation better than some de's if he feels he should be able to play at the next level

He is not even in the top 10. Check it out: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedi...content.10.html

thanks for posting that. TO is big and physical, but he's no where near fastest WR in the league. his strengths are winning physical matchups against DBs, which gets him seperation to make catches and then yards after catch. he doesn't even have good hands. faster than keyshawn? yes. one of the fastest in the league? no way

True, and I do not want a Keyshawn Johnson.

Agreed--and that was one of the two successful ones I thought of!! The other guy who is slower who has had success is Boldin.

But most of the big, slow guys are like Keyshawn--okay red-zone targets, but mostly possession receivers. If that's who we were looking for all this time, then why didn't Sam Aiken get to play WR more?

i think that this workout definitely does change things for us... why take him # 11 when there will likely be a guy like sweed who has both the size and speed (4.5) I think... If we take a CB in the first round and hes still there in the 2nd then MAYBE we should take him, but even then it might be a reach...

As far as the tantrum is concerned, I dont want some TO/Ocho Cinco type in the locker room messing with this team

I love how some are calling this a tantrum. The guy flat out delivered on the field. His on field performance had him projected to make several million dollars more then what he now stands to earn. Lets say you kicked ass at your job and made great money. Then your company made you perform an aptitude test that you didn't do so well at. They then cut your salary in half. Would you be throwing a "tantrum". You can debate the analogy, but the guy is getting screwed more then Jenna Jamison at this point.

It's more like kicking ass in college and then taking an aptitude test at your first prospective employer, tanking it, and being offered less money.

i think that this workout definitely does change things for us... why take him # 11 when there will likely be a guy like sweed who has both the size and speed (4.5) I think... If we take a CB in the first round and hes still there in the 2nd then MAYBE we should take him, but even then it might be a reach...

As far as the tantrum is concerned, I dont want some TO/Ocho Cinco type in the locker room messing with this team

i think his temper tantrum definatlly soured some teams,In this day and age with Goodell calling the shots,who needs a younger Chris Henry on their team?Apperantly noone cause he is not signed nor will he be facing a 1 year suspension.Like mom used to say a first impression is a lasting impression and hes already blown that even before the draft.Makes me like Hardy even more in the 2nd

I posted this on another thread but I'll say it again:

Please stop comparing every slow receiver (in this case Malcolm Kelly) to Jerry Rice, Anquan Boldin, T.O., Plaxico Burress, Keyshawn Johnson and whoever else suits your argument. Can he be productive? Maybe, time will tell. He's never faced NFL-caliber defenders and we don't know if he'll be the next Anquan Boldin or the next Mike Williams.

Kelly had a bad 40 time and blamed everyone but himself. If you remember, he timed in the high 4.4's (low 4.5's) last year before he hurt his knee. So it seems that his injury has cost him that top end speed. What concerns me is the fact that he is an injury risk AND he doesn't seem to be much of a team player with his blame-game B.S. The Bills need to take a long, hard look at this kid and really weigh whether or not they should risk a 2nd round pick on him.

He doesn't have a job yet, he's just interviewing for a job.

But OK, let's say you're applying for a job that requires typing skills, and they want someone who can type 90 WPM. You take a test and end up at 60 WPM, using the keyboard that the company uses.

So you complain about the keyboard, the manufacturer of the keyboard and the people that supplied the keyboard.

Then, say you'll take the test again, but you'll use your own, and won't let the representatives from the prospective employer in to watch the test. You'll just mail them of a video of it.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/hashmarks/0-6-6...-continues.html

It hasn't been a good week for Oklahoma wide receiver Malcolm Kelly, but at least it's getting more bizarre. On Wednesday, he basically accused the OU strength and conditioning staff of trying to sabotage his workout. Kelly apparently wanted to run on Astroturf, but he was forced to run on FieldTurf.

Now, he's apologizing for his rant on a Tyler, Texas radio station. The guy interviewing him is David Smoak, a longtime Friend of Hashmarks. On Sunday, Kelly will hold yet another workout in Atlanta under the direction of former Green Bay Packers wide receiver Boyd Dowler. But here's the catch: No NFL scouts will be allowed in the building. Dowler, who's in the Packers Hall of Fame, will send video and information from the workout to all 32 NFL teams and various media outlets.

(that's what he's up to today.)

i would much rather have Thomas now but just a small fact.....Jerry Rice ran a 4.7 so idk maybe the Bills know more about Kelly then we do and maybe they do pull the trigger on him who knows, but im very anxious to watch the draft!

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stroud for Pro Bowl 2008

i would much rather have Thomas now but just a small fact.....Jerry Rice ran a 4.7 so idk maybe the Bills know more about Kelly then we do and maybe they do pull the trigger on him who knows, but im very anxious to watch the draft!

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:pirate::P;):lol::lol:

He has never played in an NFL game and has a whopping 1 similarity to the great Jerry Rice - a 4.7 40. Please do not project him as a possibility to be the next Jerry Rice. There is no "next" Jerry Rice just like there is no "next" Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods, Wayne Gretsky etc...

Agreed--and that was one of the two successful ones I thought of!! The other guy who is slower who has had success is Boldin.

But most of the big, slow guys are like Keyshawn--okay red-zone targets, but mostly possession receivers. If that's who we were looking for all this time, then why didn't Sam Aiken get to play WR more?

i'd take Meshawn coming out of college in a heartbeat right now. someone who can go over the middle, attract attention, a quality red zone target and block downfield is EXACTLY what we need. geez, what are you people thinking?!!??!!

I wouldn't say he's getting screwed. He chose not to run at either of his first two options which put all of his eggs in one basket. He knew that the OU pro-day had players run on the field turf so I'm not sure why he'd be surprised that they'd have him run on the field turf by himself. the NFL talent guys seem to be catching on to the gamed up running surfaces and are discounting times made on fast tracks while given bonus points for players who run solid times on real fields. There were several scouts who were impressed when Gholston chose to run on the field turf and ran a 4.63 when he could have gone in the 4.5s if he ran on the track.

His response that he was slipping all over the place doesn't really hold up for me, if field turf is that big a problem we probably want to know given that, well we have field turf. The "problem" with field turf is that you have to run in football spikes, not turf shoes or track shoes which obvioulsy slow you down. if he didn't run in spikes of course he'd slip but that was his choice and I'm sure he owns a pair as that's HIS home practice facility.