Is this possible? Best draft scenario

There is only one person/team stupid enough to draft a player just to try to mess up another teams draft - Matt Millen/Detroit.

There are several teams in the latter half of R1 this year that are a threat to select a WR. If the Bills trade down and intend to pick Sweed or Thomas, it makes it a lot easier for those teams to move up ahead of us to get one of them if they want them. They're not trying to 'mess up' anyone's draft. It just puts them in a better situation to get a player they want (who could be the player WE want). Teams trade up every year for that reason.

There are several teams in the latter half of R1 this year that are a threat to select a WR. If the Bills trade down and intend to pick Sweed or Thomas, it makes it a lot easier for those teams to move up ahead of us to get one of them if they want them. They're not trying to 'mess up' anyone's draft. It just puts them in a better situation to get a player they want (who could be the player WE want). Teams trade up every year for that reason.

Which is why I think the Bills will be taking best available at #11 and trading up to get a guy they covet...probably a WR or TE.

Which is why I think the Bills will be taking best available at #11 and trading up to get a guy they covet...probably a WR or TE.

They may, but my own feeling is that both Sweed and Thomas will be gone by pick 22. There's no incentive to trade up for the other WRs (and I would not pay the price to move from 41 to the top 20) as there's a significant dropoff to the next group, particularly if you aren't looking for a smurf. TE? Perhaps. I'm not sure how badly you really need to trade up, though.

I agree completely. If its not a WR, I think it'll be one of the CBs.

I agree also.I believe the Bills will take the best available cb to fit the tampa 2 defence,and go with the best leftover reciever in the 2nd round.Maybe Sweed will be there but i think D Thomas,and Kelly are gone by the time they select in the second round.Should we expect the patented MLevy trade up?Tight end in the 3rd round is almost in cement assuming they dont trade away the pick.

why is it that some ppl think that just because Bills ranked really bad in pass defense its all about the secondary? when you have DE's like Kelsay running past QB's and Schobel getting manhandled..and DT's not penatrating like they should be...it makes the job of the secondary harder.

Because they are clueless. What did we have--18 sacks.? Plus the cover 2 leaves the middle wide open for some unknown reason---the linebackers drop back too deep. We also had a safety merry-go-round last year. I would say the corners probably performed the best as a unit last year.

Let me say this...we DON"T need to draft a corner until the fourth round.

We need a pass rusher much more whether it is Keith Rivers off the edge or a DE like Harvey.

It doesn't matter the position---we just need pass rushers. These are the guys that change the momentum of games with big plays--not the corners.

I agree that we need a big pass catching TE more than a WR especially since this draft does not have any sure thing blue-chippers. We can draft three recievers in the third, fifth, and seventh and hope one pans out just based on numbers. We have enough picks to do this.

Because they are clueless. What did we have--18 sacks.? Plus the cover 2 leaves the middle wide open for some unknown reason---the linebackers drop back too deep. We also had a safety merry-go-round last year. I would say the corners probably performed the best as a unit last year.

Let me say this...we DON"T need to draft a corner until the fourth round.

We need a pass rusher much more whether it is Keith Rivers off the edge or a DE like Harvey.

It doesn't matter the position---we just need pass rushers. These are the guys that change the momentum of games with big plays--not the corners.

I agree that we need a big pass catching TE more than a WR especially since this draft does not have any sure thing blue-chippers. We can draft three recievers in the third, fifth, and seventh and hope one pans out just based on numbers. We have enough picks to do this.

It seems the pass rush is en vogue because of how the Giants won the Superbowl.I believe Mitchell was brought in to rush the passer,and Stroud was brought in to collapse the pocket.Schobel will face less double teams and the pass rush should be improved.The other half of the equation is who is going to cover Randy Moss? Magee is good but highly overated based on his special teams play.He is an average to below average cornerback at best,thats why i believe we take the best cb,to fit the Cover2/Tampa 2,.I also believe the Bills really like Hardy in the 2nd round

I agree also.I believe the Bills will take the best available cb to fit the tampa 2 defence,and go with the best leftover reciever in the 2nd round.Maybe Sweed will be there but i think D Thomas,and Kelly are gone by the time they select in the second round.Should we expect the patented MLevy trade up?Tight end in the 3rd round is almost in cement assuming they dont trade away the pick.

I think you get a better combination going WR in 1 and CB in 2 than the other way around, but that's basically how I see it. WR and CB in some order in the first two rounds, followed by TE/DE in the next two.

I think you get a better combination going WR in 1 and CB in 2 than the other way around, but that's basically how I see it. WR and CB in some order in the first two rounds, followed by TE/DE in the next two.

I think your spot on,with wr/cb round 1 and 2, te round 3.Hardy is bigger,(much bigger) which would be great for the ducks that TEdwards throws according to Lee Evans.I dont really think the Bills are that concerned with the speed aspect of a potential wr draft pick because we have Evans and Parrish.They lack height and I think the quietly covent Hardy from Indiana,(6'7).The 11th pick is too high for him,so maybe they take the best available cb.Cromartie would be nice,or Jenkins and Hardy in the 2nd.Tight end in the 3rd it almost in cement imo

I think your spot on,with wr/cb round 1 and 2, te round 3.Hardy is bigger,(much bigger) which would be great for the ducks that TEdwards throws according to Lee Evans.I dont really think the Bills are that concerned with the speed aspect of a potential wr draft pick because we have Evans and Parrish.They lack height and I think the quietly covent Hardy from Indiana,(6'7).The 11th pick is too high for him,so maybe they take the best available cb.Cromartie would be nice,or Jenkins and Hardy in the 2nd.Tight end in the 3rd it almost in cement imo

I think a lot of this will be determined by where the Bills rank Jenkins or Hardy as good pass catchers at TE. Given the limited use of our CB in pass D to the short zone and a change-up from time to time where our CB actually might cover the WR deep, there is a good argument to be made that the best way to improve pass D is by avoiding so many three and outs which force the D onto the field. The need to improve pass D performance is a definite need for this team. However, the utility in picking a CB on the first day of the draft to do this is a more questionable call the way we run our D.

I still think Bills go best player available with pick #11 and that would be Harvey if hes there....after Schobel, Kelsay and Denny thers not much good depth..Hargrove F'd himself and the Bills so hes gone...Id rather see Schobel and Harvey on the field with Denney and Kelsay in rotation with them...I still want to see what Youbouty can do and I think this year is his year...now I can aso see Keith Rivers there at #11 if Harveys gone...I never said I didnt like Kelsay I just would prefer Harvey over him if we grabbed him...with Rivers comeing in behind Kelsay it would be hard who to choose to double-team...tell the truth..if I was a OL'man standing there looking at a defense with Schobel-McCargo-Stroud-Harvey standing infront of me and then add Mitchell-Poz-Crowell comeing in behind them...Im not sure who Id have to watch out for...then add in a safety blitz once in awhile...