It's official Malcolm Kelly is a complete joke.......

I agree if he was so worried about $$$ then he better keep his yapper shut. I think people see the inability to keep ones mouth shut as a sign of immaturity.

One could just as easily say that it was a sign of his competitiveness. He felt he was being cheated and instead of just taking it, he made his feelings known (even if it was more than a bit whiny).

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

His agent didnt help his cause either by sending that letter to all NFL teams........

In the NFL you cant make excuses like he just did with the type of surface he run on. In the NFL there are different types you play on. Now that teams are going overseas to play, the surfaces are much different.

For a kid trying to become a first rounder, blaming someone else, whining about the money he will loose just didnt help the kid at all......and his agent didnt make it any better for him. His agent should have told him what to say before he met with the media or something, I dont know.......

I wish Malcolm the best in his NFL career.......just not with the Buffalo Bills.

I think what Lori means is there are different ways he could have gone about saying the same thing. He came off as whiny, talking about money and placing blame. He could have simply noted that he had been practicing on a different surface and he thought the change might have skewed the numbers a bit but then just asserted he has game speed. Instead he chose to throw other people under the bus, not a good character trait.

It may, but we have no idea what he said in front of the scouts or whether or not they find some truth in his words.

Valid points from both of you. Yeah, Irish, I think some teams would be inclined to ding him for this. (As always, just my opinion.) But since we weren't there, you're right, Brandon -- we don't know how it was received. Even Chris Brown is merely speculating on that point, and he's a lot closer to the inside scoop than we are.

quick question.........Can Malcolm Kelly hold another private workout? Or is it either the Combine or your schools proday and thats it? Can teams have him come to their facility to work out privately? This might be another option for the kid.

I know im being harsh on him, but I had to go to youtube and check him out and film dont lie.....kid can ball!

But like someone said, throwing the school under the bus and whining about money cant sit well with NFL teams......

Valid points from both of you. Yeah, Irish, I think some teams would be inclined to ding him for this. (As always, just my opinion.) But since we weren't there, you're right, Brandon -- we don't know how it was received. Even Chris Brown is merely speculating on that point, and he's a lot closer to the inside scoop than we are.

http://www.draftdaddy.com/blog/nfldraft.cfm

If that little part about his agent being thrown out of the Pro Day is true, I can imagine how well it was received. Again, if its true, and he doesn't fire that guy, I wouldn't draft him period.

quick question.........Can Malcolm Kelly hold another private workout? Or is it either the Combine or your schools proday and thats it? Can teams have him come to their facility to work out privately? This might be another option for the kid.

I know im being harsh on him, but I had to go to youtube and check him out and film dont lie.....kid can ball!

But like someone said, throwing the school under the bus and whining about money cant sit well with NFL teams......

As far as I know, the answers to both questions are yes. He can schedule another workout for everyone, if he can find a venue that will agree to do it and get the teams to show up. I'm also pretty sure that the teams can also bring him in for a private workout. I don't think they're limited to just interviews.

I honestly think it was smarter on his part to bring the change of surface to the attention of the public rather than just stay quiet about it. His times are horrible and at least blaming on the surface might at least create a 'benefit of the doubt' mindset for interested GM's and coaches.

He did make an error in bringing up the money aspect of the situation but I have trouble blaming him. If my school, a place I thought I could trust, ever did something that could potentially cost me 5-10 mill. id be pretty pissed off too and can't even imagine what type of verbal tirade id go on.

As far as I know, the answers to both questions are yes. He can schedule another workout for everyone, if he can find a venue that will agree to do it and get the teams to show up. I'm also pretty sure that the teams can also bring him in for a private workout. I don't think they're limited to just interviews.

Thanks Brandon. Now I guess the question is would Kelly be interested in doing it? What if he does it and gets hurt or something. Does he stand pat where he is now or does he try something new? Honestly I think its way too close to the draft for him to do this.......as most teams have their plan in place.

I just looked up who the agent is....and it's a 29 year old guy named Chad Speck. The only other client I see listed to him is Albert Haynesworth, and Speck works out of Tennessee.

The agent is the real clown here. He set kelly up for failure. What good is an agent if he touts a bunch of BS, then can't even get the drill run on the proper surface?

A pro agent would have never let Kelly run and let him get picked between 15 and 25 instead of pushing him back too early. From what another poster put up in the other thread, they had to kick the agent out of the workout today.

Note to Kelly: In gambling for a 5 yr $20 million contract, you just gave up a 4yr $10 million contract and are looking at a 4yr $5 million contract. Fire your agent today, and get representation from a traditional slimeball instead of some kid that has no idea what he is doing.

I think I could pass the Tennessee Bar Exam after consuming 2 pitchers of beer.

I just looked up who the agent is....and it's a 29 year old guy named Chad Speck. The only other client I see listed to him is Albert Haynesworth, and Speck works out of Tennessee.

The agent is the real clown here. He set kelly up for failure. What good is an agent if he touts a bunch of BS, then can't even get the drill run on the proper surface?

A pro agent would have never let Kelly run and let him get picked between 15 and 25 instead of pushing him back too early. From what another poster put up in the other thread, they had to kick the agent out of the workout today.

Note to Kelly: In gambling for a 5 yr $20 million contract, you just gave up a 4yr $10 million contract and are looking at a 4yr $5 million contract. Fire your agent today, and get representation from a traditional slimeball instead of some kid that has no idea what he is doing.

I think I could pass the Tennessee Bar Exam after consuming 2 pitchers of beer.

:worthy::thumbsup:

Exactly correct..........His agent really hurt his cause. I mean by millions!!!!!!!

Anyone remember when Ricky Williams hired Master P to be his agent...now that was funny!

:worthy: :worthy:

Exactly correct..........His agent really hurt his cause. I mean by millions!!!!!!!

Anyone remember when Ricky Williams hired Master P to be his agent...now that was funny!

I think that is a perfect example of why it matters who a players agent is and how it might shed insight to a players character. I think when Ricky made that move the league and it's fans went "what the :thumbsup: is wrong with him?"

Same applies here. If the guy picks his own agent and he turns out to be a nut, then it's on the player, period.

I think that is a perfect example of why it matters who a players agent is and how it might shed insight to a players character. I think when Ricky made that move the league and it's fans went "what the :thumbsup: is wrong with him?"

Same applies here. If the guy picks his own agent and he turns out to be a nut, then it's on the player, period.

Ya know, I think there should be something within the NFLPA for rookies and a list of what agents benefit their clients the most. Agents that can really help them out. Kinda ween out the dead beat agents that hurt the players. See what im saying? Maybe the vets can help the kids entering the NFL let them know whos a good agent and whos not.......

It is clear these kids coming out of college often get hooked up with the wrong firm.........I think the NFL should implament a program or something to help the youngsters out........

Ya know, I think there should be something within the NFLPA for rookies and a list of what agents benefit their clients the most. Agents that can really help them out. Kinda ween out the dead beat agents that hurt the players. See what im saying? Maybe the vets can help the kids entering the NFL let them know whos a good agent and whos not.......

It is clear these kids coming out of college often get hooked up with the wrong firm.........I think the NFL should implament a program or something to help the youngsters out........

I agree.

Per Draftdaddy.com:

Former Oklahoma wide receiver Malcolm Kelly, who has been hyped as a Top 10 pick by many in the mainstream media, has run in the 4.7's at his Pro Day. Things got so bad, his agent reportedly lost control and had to be ejected from Sooners' Pro day!

DD.comment: This is another reason to frequent Draft Daddy's blog over the "pay sites" littered with "false scouts". Since 2007 we've quoted 4 or 5 actual N.F.L. scouts in this blog regarding Malcolm Kelly and not one ever mentioned him as a first round pick. Not one! In 2007, one A.F.C. scout even compared him to former Texas Tech star Jarret Hicks (size/speedwise), who went undrafted. Also, we once reported his coaches at Oklahoma, who know his speed better than anyone else, begged Kelly to stay in school, feeling he was a 4th round caliber player and he needed to improve.

Now, with this said, Kelly is a solid citizen and a good football player. So there is no reason he can't be drafted in the middle rounds (3rd to 5th) and carve out a solid N.F.L. career. But a Top 10 pick, who ever came up with that?

Looks like a Limas Sweed day. I like what Pro Football Weekly said about him:

Summary: Tried competing through a wrist injury during the season before having surgery and was not fully recovered at the Senior Bowl when he returned. When healthy earlier in his career, he showed that he could be a clutch, big-play performer. Does not realize how good he could be and works incredibly hard at his craft. If he continues to make strides in the pros like he did in college, he could be a legitimate No. 1 receiver.