Ralph Wilson replaced as #1 cheapskate

it seems that the Miami Dolphins have taken the title. they don't want to fork out the signing bonus for the #1 pick in the NFL. so they step in whenever they want to in order to pay less for the guy they want.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nf...lphins/home.htm

Perhaps one of the most inane posts I've seen on this board. The cap structure isn't kind to teams that are bad and it's no surprise GM's are attempting in vain to deal out of the top 10. They can't, primarily because paying unproven talent that much is on the risky side.

Why not take someone projected for the 3rd round and offer them normal money (3M guaranteed) At least your team wouldn't take a huge cap hit if the player fails to produce. Then again, not paying 35M to a player with zero professional experience is cheap.

Perhaps one of the most inane posts I've seen on this board. The cap structure isn't kind to teams that are bad and it's no surprise GM's are attempting in vain to deal out of the top 10. They can't, primarily because paying unproven talent that much is on the risky side.

Why not take someone projected for the 3rd round and offer them normal money (3M guaranteed) At least your team wouldn't take a huge cap hit if the player fails to produce. Then again, not paying 35M to a player with zero professional experience is cheap.

agreed...can't blame anyone for trying to trade out of the top picks of the draft. If it turns out to be a bad selection, that team is screwed for years

so obviously I hope they can't trade out of that slot <_<

agreed...can't blame anyone for trying to trade out of the top picks of the draft. If it turns out to be a bad selection, that team is screwed for years

Also, by the time the Fins are good again, the #1 selection will have been beaten up and nearing the end of his rookie contract. It's good budgeting, if they can turn the pick into 2-3 other guys who can help keep the lights on while they rebuild.

I dont understand why they dont just put a cap on how much you can pay a rookie...didnt basketball do this?...make it so all rookies get a certain amout depending on what round they go in and after 1 year they then can negotiate a multi year contract..this would take strain off the draft and get rid of this "value at this pick" crap

becareful what you say ppl..Tipster and I had a discussion on this not long ago thinking although it would never happen it was still an intersting strategy...all we got from most of this board is unconstructive critisizm and ppl calling us nuts for thinking about it and most said it would never happen...and then this comes out with exactly what we talked about..hmmmmm

p.s. - im talking about what the article says about miami waiting to pick on purpose

I dont understand why they dont just put a cap on how much you can pay a rookie...didnt basketball do this?...make it so all rookies get a certain amout depending on what round they go in and after 1 year they then can negotiate a multi year contract..this would take strain off the draft and get rid of this "value at this pick" crap

It's called:

1) A union (NFLPA)

2) Player Agents

It's called:

1) A union (NFLPA)

2) Player Agents

hmmm..i can understand the players agents wanting as much as possable cuz they get a %...but comeing from a union workshop myself I usually find the guys that have been arround the longest usually dont allow new guys to get paid unless they get paid more...I dont see why a ten year vet would like the idea that this years rookie will make more in his signing bonus than the vet made his hole career...Im sure someone will give me a reason tho...

So the last 20 or so years means nothing?

he runs Polian out of town because he spoke the truth. he overpays for players that were over the hill after the Super Bowl runs. publicly points the finger at Butler for the team going downhill when he was just as at fault. hires Donna Ho to try and fix it by pennypinching it with HC's that have no experience as a HC. the inmates start running the asylum and are there to cash a check. then he brings back a former HC to run his team, with ZERO experience, to turn it around. i'm willing to bet he got a hometown discount with Levy too. in return, he has the trust to take hand in overspending the Old Fart's money and now the Bills are stuck with outrageous contracts to players who haven't played up to what they earn. the Bills have a HC who numerous Bills fans don't really care for. did i mention that we haven't been in the playoff for nearly a decade?

yeah....the last 20 years or so amount to as many Super Bowls the Bills have won........ZERO!!!!!!!!

he runs Polian out of town because he spoke the truth. he overpays for players that were over the hill after the Super Bowl runs. publicly points the finger at Butler for the team going downhill when he was just as at fault. hires Donna Ho to try and fix it by pennypinching it with HC's that have no experience as a HC. the inmates start running the asylum and are there to cash a check. then he brings back a former HC to run his team, with ZERO experience, to turn it around. i'm willing to bet he got a hometown discount with Levy too. in return, he has the trust to take hand in overspending the Old Fart's money and now the Bills are stuck with outrageous contracts to players who haven't played up to what they earn. the Bills have a HC who numerous Bills fans don't really care for. did i mention that we haven't been in the playoff for nearly a decade?

yeah....the last 20 years or so amount to as many Super Bowls the Bills have won........ZERO!!!!!!!!

Let's see all the holes I can poke in this ridiculous joke of a post

Polian...ran out of town for fighting with Ralph's daughter and Littman

Butler was the guy responsible for overpaying players....Ralph wasn't the GM

Donahoe hired the coaches, not Ralph

The speculation that he hired Marv for a hometown discount is purely blind hatred of the man and a complete ignorance of the facts. He hired him because he trusted him..simple as that

Let's see all the holes I can poke in this ridiculous joke of a post

Polian...ran out of town for fighting with Ralph's daughter and Littman

Butler was the guy responsible for overpaying players....Ralph wasn't the GM

Donahoe hired the coaches, not Ralph

The speculation that he hired Marv for a hometown discount is purely blind hatred of the man and a complete ignorance of the facts. He hired him because he trusted him..simple as that

who do you think that they ALL had to answer to? that's right, the man who was shelling out the money. he pretty much has the final say in the matters. so stop twisting these stupid ideas of "Ralph wasn't the GM" and "Donahoe hired the coaches, not Ralph" to try and show that you have somewhat of an idea that you know what you're talking about. why don't run back to the BZ before you start whining about personal attacks? and stick to something you know something about...... those mutts they call the Jills.

He gave final say to Donahoe when he hired him...

Interesting that you attack the Jills...yet you've been a member of the webgroup that promotes them for 4 1/2 years and getting all the emails as well. Do yourself a favor...stick to the topic and quit making such outlandish statements all the time

He gave final say to Donahoe when he hired him...

Interesting that you attack the Jills...yet you've been a member of the webgroup that promotes them for 4 1/2 years and getting all the emails as well. Do yourself a favor...stick to the topic and quit making such outlandish statements all the time

so you think........

do me a favor..... remove me from it altogether for i just delete those emails anyways. i don't care to read what Alpo R Us is doing.