HEY HEY HEY!!!!

...they're good, BF. They're really good. If Pujols doesn't beatcha, then Rolen can. Or Edmonds. Or Walker. Or Renteria. Nary an easy out in that lineup.

Can't see it going longer than five unless the 'stros turn things around in a major hurry.

Sox, meanwhile, are in a world of hurt. Yanks can go for the jugular tonight. And the Curse will continue for the Bills of baseball, sad to say.

Hey BF - was at Busch for both games 1 and 2 :w00t::lol: - 2 of the best baseball games I've been to in terms of excitement and offensive power. Last night was a cold, wet one but the Cardinals bats warmed up the crowd in a hurry. This team continues to amaze. Scott Rolen - 2 HR - he looks to be back to his good old self this series. Pitching is still a problem but as long as our lineup continues to be clutch, i'm not worried. We will beat either Clemens or Oswalt. I think the Cards take it in 5.

The Yanks are going to cut through that STL pitching staff like a hot knife through butter. Furthermore, managing against Joe Torre is a liiiiiiitle different than managing against Phil Garner who has set the record TWICE for "Most boneheaded managment of a bullpen.

And this is coming from a METS fan.

I don't want to count my chickens yet, but a Cardinal/Yankee WS (or even a Redsox/Cardinal WS) would be great baseball. All three clubs have tremendous power and great pens.

However, the edge would clearly go to Yanks or the Sox who have a better starting rotation. It would be a good test to see if the old adage holds true: Good Pitching Stops Good Hitting...

We shall see!

I don't want to count my chickens yet, but a Cardinal/Yankee WS (or even a Redsox/Cardinal WS) would be great baseball. All three clubs have tremendous power and great pens.

However, the edge would clearly go to Yanks or the Sox who have a better starting rotation. It would be a good test to see if the old adage holds true: Good Pitching Stops Good Hitting...

We shall see!

71126[/snapback]

No, I don't agree about the Yankees having better starting pitching.........they are both comparable, but the Yankees better??? No.

I got to sit in the Grand Slam Room for Game 1 (gotta love the media perks). Missed out on the sixth inning on, as we were setting up for a live shot at 10p.m. I hope I don't have to be back at Busch until Game 3 of the World Series (win NLCS in 4 or 5). This Cards team looks really tough right now, especially with Rolen starting to hit.

Are the Yankee fans on this board concerned at all about the Game 3 washout and a potential loss of momentum in the series? I still think the Cards and Yanks will make it through. Should be a blast.

If you're down at Busch the rest of the postseason look for the guy with the broken left wrist (d@mn flag football) and don't be afraid to say hello.

Mike

No, I don't agree about the Yankees having better starting pitching.........they are both comparable, but the Yankees better???  No.

71962[/snapback]

I dunno, BF. I would take Mussina and Brown over any of St. Louis's two starters (especially with Carpenter out). Don't you agree? I mean both guys have more post season starts and better career stats.

Plus, the way Lieber and El Duque have been throwing, that's a dangerous back 2 starters.

I think the bullpens are pretty equal, only I give the Yanks a big edge with closers...

Are the Yankee fans on this board concerned at all about the Game 3 washout and a potential loss of momentum in the series?

Mike

71981[/snapback]

Personally I am not too concerned about a loss of momentum. If anything I think it works both ways. I mean, sure it postpones the game, but it gives the Sox another day to sulk and worry about being in an 0-2 hole with their two best pitchers already used up.

I dunno, BF. I would take Mussina and Brown over any of St. Louis's two starters (especially with Carpenter out). Don't you agree? I mean both guys have more post season starts and better career stats.

Plus, the way Lieber and El Duque have been throwing, that's a dangerous back 2 starters.

I think the bullpens are pretty equal, only I give the Yanks a big edge with closers...

72001[/snapback]

Well notice that I didn't say we were better in this category, but I think it's closer then you would like to believe.

As far as the bullpen, your closer is better but I would put my entire bullpen up against yours.