Ravens Eyeing Wideouts

MattM

I like Jordy Nelson a lot. I think he'll still be around.

I like Nelson a lot as well. Statistically, its just stupid what the guy did this year against some good competition. I was also very impressed watching him during the Senior Bowl practices. He was embarrassing the opposing CBs. I still have him in the late 2nd round, but I think that's probably more wishful thinking on my part than reality. I think he's probably going to just keep slowly moving up the boards until draft day, when he may very well go late in the 1st or early in the 2nd. Those big guys aren't going to last long at all if they can actually play. Good pick if he's there for the Bills at 41.

He's pretty much the last of the taller WRs that stand a good shot of playing early, IMO. I think there are really only five of them in this draft. After him, I think you're looking more at longer term projects or just taking another 6'0" or shorter guy (there ARE plenty of those this year). I'm not totally against the latter type of WR, and a lot of them could probably help immediately, but I'm not sure the Bills are actually interested in them, either.

I like Nelson a lot as well. Statistically, its just stupid what the guy did this year against some good competition. I was also very impressed watching him during the Senior Bowl practices. He was embarrassing the opposing CBs. I still have him in the late 2nd round, but I think that's probably more wishful thinking on my part than reality. I think he's probably going to just keep slowly moving up the boards until draft day, when he may very well go late in the 1st or early in the 2nd. Those big guys aren't going to last long at all if they can actually play. Good pick if he's there for the Bills at 41.

He's pretty much the last of the taller WRs that stand a good shot of playing early, IMO. I think there are really only five of them in this draft. After him, I think you're looking more at longer term projects or just taking another 6'0" or shorter guy (there ARE plenty of those this year). I'm not totally against the latter type of WR, and a lot of them could probably help immediately, but I'm not sure the Bills are actually interested in them, either.

One of the things I like most about him is that his off field, on field and practice character is beyond reproach. He's also smart and one of Levy's belief's about players is that smart players get better and I agree with that. I think he'll be there at Buffalo's second pick and I wouldn't call him a reach at that point in the draft.

Teams Where WR is the Top Offensive Priority in this Draft:

1. Buffalo

2. Cincy

3. Dallas

4. Oakland

5. Philly

6. St.Louis

7. Tampa Bay

8. Tennessee

9. Washington

Of the Above, Teams Where WR is the Top Priority in this Draft:

1. Buffalo, although DE, TE are important early (and it's too early for top TE)

2. Tennessee - Need DT, DE help as well as CB, so they're the wild card

Why Not The Others?

2. Cincy - Nope: DT, OLB are huge

3. Dallas - Nope: RB is equal, and more CB help needed; RB and CB could be their RD1 picks given WR's depth in draft

4. Oakland - DE is equally important, and 6 top DE's could be gone before their Pick #2

5. Philly - OT is equally important and there are three good ones in Round 1

6. St.Louis - DE, CB, WR are likely there at their pick; all are equal priorities IMO

7. Tampa Bay - Need DT, DE help as well as CB

8. Washington - Need WR, but could go DE first (expect them to trade up, possibly with us)

Teams Where WR is the Top Offensive Priority in this Draft:

1. Buffalo

2. Cincy

3. Dallas

4. Oakland

5. Philly

6. St.Louis

7. Tampa Bay

8. Tennessee

9. Washington

Of the Above, Teams Where WR is the Top Priority in this Draft:

1. Buffalo, although DE, TE are important early (and it's too early for top TE)

2. Tennessee - Need DT, DE help as well as CB, so they're the wild card

Why Not The Others?

2. Cincy - Nope: DT, OLB are huge

3. Dallas - Nope: RB is equal, and more CB help needed; RB and CB could be their RD1 picks given WR's depth in draft

4. Oakland - DE is equally important, and 6 top DE's could be gone before their Pick #2

5. Philly - OT is equally important and there are three good ones in Round 1

6. St.Louis - DE, CB, WR are likely there at their pick; all are equal priorities IMO

7. Tampa Bay - Need DT, DE help as well as CB

8. Washington - Need WR, but could go DE first (expect them to trade up, possibly with us)

You can expect Tampa to take a WR where they pick. there will be no DL worth a 1st round pick @ that point, but plenty of WR's, which they need.

You can expect Tampa to take a WR where they pick. there will be no DL worth a 1st round pick @ that point, but plenty of WR's, which they need.

I expect they'll take the CB over Calais Campbell, with WR a third place possibility.

19 Philadelphia Devin Thomas WR Michigan St

20 Tampa Bay Mike Jenkins CB South Florida

21 Washington Calais Campbell DE Miami

22 * Dallas Jonathan Stewart RB Oregon

23 Pittsburgh Aqib Talib CB Kansas

24 Tennessee DeSean Jackson WR California