NFL Network's Mike Mayock has Buffalo selecting DRC...

I don't like the fact of a 1-AA guy coming in at 11...

Gifted athlete, but against who?

And yeah, he did great in the combine and senior bowl, but as said so many times on this board, "you can't judge a guy by one game."

Jerry Rice - Miss. Valley State

Steve McNair - Alcorn St.

Marques Colston - Hofstra

Tony Romo - Eastern Illinois

London Fletcher - John Carroll (Division 3)

Vincent Jackson - Northern Colorado

They can be good players.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like the fact of a 1-AA guy coming in at 11...

Gifted athlete, but against who?

And yeah, he did great in the combine and senior bowl, but as said so many times on this board, "you can't judge a guy by one game."

That's pretty much my opinion on DRC as well. The 11th pick is too high for a guy that didn't even play 1-A.

Jerry Rice - Miss. Valley State

Steve McNair - Alcorn St.

Marques Colston - Hofstra

Tony Romo - Eastern Illinois

London Fletcher - John Carroll (Division 3)

Vincent Jackson - Northern Colorado

They can be good players.

Andre Reid - Kutztown

That's pretty much my opinion on DRC as well. The 11th pick is too high for a guy that didn't even play 1-A.

So you would have passed on Randy Moss, Brian Westbrook, Terrance Mcgee, Jeremiah Trotter, Darren Sharper, Kurt Warner, Jimmy Smith, Steve McNair, Jerry Rice, Andre Reed, Matt Birk, Marcellus Wiley, Donald Driver, rashean Mathis, Dexter Coakley, Wayne Chrebet, Jerry Azumah, Adam Timmerman, Adam Vinatieri, Terrel Owens, Michael Strahan, Brian Finneran, Rodney Harrison, Chad Pennington, and Troy Brown? And trust me, there are many more.

And it might surprise you to know that 10.27% of the player in the NFL came from, wait for it.... wait for it... Division 1-AA.

Edit: BTW you always always ALWAYS look at the player, not the school, not the combine numbers (I really don't give a flying :censored: if someone can run 40 yards 0.02 seconds faster than the next guy).

Did he dominate the players lined up across from him? And does he fit in your system? That is what matters.

So you would have passed on Randy Moss, Brian Westbrook, Terrance Mcgee, Jeremiah Trotter, Darren Sharper, Kurt Warner, Jimmy Smith, Steve McNair, Jerry Rice, Andre Reed, Matt Birk, Marcellus Wiley, Donald Driver, rashean Mathis, Dexter Coakley, Wayne Chrebet, Jerry Azumah, Adam Timmerman, Adam Vinatieri, Terrel Owens, Michael Strahan, Brian Finneran, Rodney Harrison, Chad Pennington, and Troy Brown? And trust me, there are many more.

And it might surprise you to know that 10.27% of the player in the NFL came from, wait for it.... wait for it... Division 1-AA.

There are exceptions to every rule. DRC may become a good NFL starter, but I'm saying that taking him at 11 overall is too high.

There are exceptions to every rule. DRC may become a good NFL starter, but I'm saying that taking him at 11 overall is too high.

But you're insinuating that taking him at 11 is too high only because of the school he went to. Tell me this, if this same player had played at Texas, and put up the same numbers at the combine, would advocate taking him then?

But you're insinuating that taking him at 11 is too high only because of the school he went to. Tell me this, if this same player had played at Texas, and put up the same numbers at the combine, would advocate taking him then?

Yes, I would have to say that the level of competition he played against would affect my decision.

The Bills did have a crummy pass defense, but the best way to improve the secondary is to improve the pass rush. Time and time again. Eventually, the WR will break free from the corner and the DE will get to the quarterback. You have to make sure the latter happens first.

Yes, I would have to say that the level of competition he played against would affect my decision.

I guess we just see it differently. I would only take the school into consideration if I had two players rated identically.

Either way i can't wait for the draft. Nice sig BTW. :censored:

I guess we just see it differently. I would only take the school into consideration if I had two players rated identically.

Either way i can't wait for the draft. Nice sig BTW. :censored:

I also wouldn't want to see us take a corner in the first round. Ideally I would like to see us trade down for an extra pick and get Mich. State's Devin Thomas.

The Bills did have a crummy pass defense, but the best way to improve the secondary is to improve the pass rush. Time and time again. Eventually, the WR will break free from the corner and the DE will get to the quarterback. You have to make sure the latter happens first.

I agree, but the only DE that Buffalo can draft at the 11th spot will be Harvey. Gholston and Long will be taken in the first 6 or 7 spots. Harvey isn't the end we're looking for. He just isn't good enough. I'd be extremely pissed if the Bills took Harvey.

I also wouldn't want to see us take a corner in the first round. Ideally I would like to see us trade down for an extra pick and get Mich. State's Devin Thomas.

Devin Thomas = OT Mike Williams, Akili Smith, Eric Flowers, Alex Smith, WR Mike Williams and any other player who had only one good year of college ball. I don't trust him. He came out of no where AFTER the season, just like our very own Mike Williams did when everyone knew that Bryant McKinnie was the best OT in College football.

I agree, but the only DE that Buffalo can draft at the 11th spot will be Harvey. Gholston and Long will be taken in the first 6 or 7 spots. Harvey isn't the end we're looking for. He just isn't good enough. I'd be extremely pissed if the Bills took Harvey.

I sort of agree... I wouldn't be throwing feces at the wall or anything but it's funny for two reasons. 1, three of our highest paid players would be DE's when we have bigger needs, and 2, everyone's talking about WR's being reaches, but some draft boards have Harvey dropping to the late teens/early twenties.

Oh well... not starting this arguement again.

Phillip Merling from Clemson. He put up just as good, if not better #'s than Harvey did in his workouts.

Devin Thomas = OT Mike Williams, Akili Smith, Eric Flowers, Alex Smith, WR Mike Williams and any other player who had only one good year of college ball. I don't trust him. He came out of no where AFTER the season, just like our very own Mike Williams did when everyone knew that Bryant McKinnie was the best OT in College football.

1. Would you agree that WR is the biggest need for the Bills?

2. Who do you think are the 2 best WR's available in the draft?

1. Yes, but the most talented player the Bills can take at the eleventh spot, IMO, is DRC.

2. I like Kelly and Hardy.

Malcom Kelly and Limas Sweed, if they are both 100% healthy.