Fans should be wary of Bills shuffle

Fans should be wary of Bills shuffle

Now, they all know the real goal here. You know it. The NFL knows it. Even Ralph Wilson Jr., who owns the Bills and is trying to make the team's eventual exit from downtrodden Buffalo as painless as possible, knows it. How did Wilson put it yesterday about the Bills' dwindling market? "We've overturned all the rocks in western New York and we had to look this way."

This sucks!

The Buffalo Airport is showing that if you put cheap flights in, Canadians will come.

If Ralph puts a winning product on the field, he could charge what he wants. People will pay for it... and as BUF Airport shows, so will Canadians.

This is just one man's opinion.

I am Canadian, and a Bills season ticket holder, but I am against the Bills, or any team coming to Toronto.

I believe the NFL would put a team in LA before Toronto anyway.

The reason the Bills are playing in Toronto is to help this super-small market team make revenue. That's it. It's a marketing ploy, and a smart one at that. The tickets for the Toronto games are like 5 times the price of Buffalo games.

Ralph is still alive and well and the Bills won't be going anywhere, guaranteed for at least 10 years. Besides, you all heard Jim say he has partners ready to buy the Bills, and the Sabres owner is interested too.

The Bills will remain the BUFFALO Bills.

The Buffalo Airport is showing that if you put cheap flights in, Canadians will come.

If Ralph puts a winning product on the field, he could charge what he wants. People will pay for it... and as BUF Airport shows, so will Canadians.

CORPORATE travelers do NOT fly out of Buffalo, any more than CORPORATE suite holders drive down the QEW to attend games at RWS.

I am Canadian, and a Bills season ticket holder, but I am against the Bills, or any team coming to Toronto.

The reason the Bills are playing in Toronto is to help this super-small market team make revenue. That's it. It's a marketing ploy, and a smart one at that. The tickets for the Toronto games are like 5 times the price of Buffalo games.

Ralph is still alive and well and the Bills won't be going anywhere, guaranteed for at least 10 years. Besides, you all heard Jim say he has partners ready to buy the Bills, and the Sabres owner is interested too.

The lease is up in five years. There has been no discussion on a new one.

And while the NFL might prefer expansion to L.A., there isn't currently a group out there capable of doing the groundwork. (Otherwise, the Houston Texans wouldn't exist -- that was supposed to be L.A.'s team before their incompetence handed the franchise to Bob McNair.) If the Bills go up for auction when Ralph Wilson is no longer here, it's not really up to the league to do anything but approve the sale, and any WNY bidders will have a tough time outspending Ted Rogers.

I'd love to agree with you, but I'm not counting on anything beyond 2012 -- and wishing good health for Ralph in the meantime.

LA wont see a team in our lifetimes. Land is too expensive, gov. can't and wont subsidize a team. The public wont either. There are a lot of things to do in So. Cal on Sunday and football doesn't have to be it.

Ignorance is bliss...

Is "lets_go_bills" Russ Brandon?

I'm supposed to buy your logic when the Bills won't even discuss the lease with Erie County?

The County Executive said he is open and willing to negotiate a new lease with the Bills, but so far the team has been cool to his offers. The Bills lease at Ralph Wilson Stadium expires in 2012.

"It takes two to negotiate and I don't think they want, at this point," Collins said. "Keeping the Bills is high on my agenda and high on the agenda of others."