Modest losman trade and draft

billybob

Thinking about the the Bills getting ready to make a playoff run

1. Losman to Atlanta for WR Laurent Robinson or Michael Jenkins- Atlanta will probably draft a QB in 2nd round but could still use a QB that could generate a little excitement while the rookie gets ready- the Bills would receive an adequate #2 WR

draft 1st Derrick Harvey - the Bills want a quality DE and CB if the Bills get the CB first the chances of getting a DE in the later rounds is slim

2nd Charles Godfrey CB- at least 4 CBs will be taken before the Bills but could be as many as 7- Godfrey would seem to have nice assets for the cover2 and good special teams ability

3rd Martellus Bennett -Bills need more redzone targets and this guy qualifies

4a Duane Brown OT - Bills need an O-Lineman who can fill multiple positions

4b Adarius Bowman WR- slow as dirt but so was Anquan Boldin and he turned out ok

5th Owen Schmitt- guy isn't going to last long in the NFL the way he leads with his head but he should be fun to watch for the short time he's here.

rounds 6-7 Bills look for KRs to take pressure off McGee

I highly doubt Atlanta will start trading wr's when they dont have a qb right now. Im pretty sure they are going to draft Matt Ryan and the last thing they want is a franchise qb having zero guys to throw the ball to.........

basically ATL has no qb and the last thing they want are no WR's aswell. ATL would never make this trade.

so what re-tread do the Bills obtain as their backup QB?

Losman will not be traded except for a high #2 that the Bills can use on a QB.

there are no better backup QB options than JP - so the Bills should keep him

Gus is still out there. He is a decent number 2, has plenty of experience he can bring to the table.

Thinking about the the Bills getting ready to make a playoff run

1. Losman to Atlanta for WR Laurent Robinson or Michael Jenkins- Atlanta will probably draft a QB in 2nd round but could still use a QB that could generate a little excitement while the rookie gets ready- the Bills would receive an adequate #2 WR

draft 1st Derrick Harvey - the Bills want a quality DE and CB if the Bills get the CB first the chances of getting a DE in the later rounds is slim

2nd Charles Godfrey CB- at least 4 CBs will be taken before the Bills but could be as many as 7- Godfrey would seem to have nice assets for the cover2 and good special teams ability

3rd Martellus Bennett -Bills need more redzone targets and this guy qualifies

4a Duane Brown OT - Bills need an O-Lineman who can fill multiple positions

4b Adarius Bowman WR- slow as dirt but so was Anquan Boldin and he turned out ok

5th Owen Schmitt- guy isn't going to last long in the NFL the way he leads with his head but he should be fun to watch for the short time he's here.

rounds 6-7 Bills look for KRs to take pressure off McGee[/quote

lol. they are adequate number 3's, poor number 2's

Still better than our current #2 WR- you are not going to get an all-pro for Losman- Laurent Robinson has upside and Michael Jenkins while not a star by any means has shown the ability to be a redzone threat, 4 TDs last year and 7 TDs the year before

Bills could grab any retread for a backup--its a back up position. Trading JP for anything is better than letting him sit the bench all year and then go away for nothing. If the bills draft a QB-it would no be very high. We already have a young QB to develop

While I agree with your post, will JP agree to sit behind Trent every week? He's under contract so he doesn't have a choice, but he could be a big baby about it.

Man, I'd love to hold a clipboard on the sidelines earning $$Hundreds of Thousands of $$ Dollar$ a year!!

Bills could grab any retread for a backup--its a back up position. Trading JP for anything is better than letting him sit the bench all year and then go away for nothing. If the bills draft a QB-it would no be very high. We already have a young QB to develop

A backup that turns into the most important position on the field with one injury.

Letting JP go for nothing next year is a better play than trading him for a bag of hockey pucks now.

If the Bills were serious about trading him, they should have been much more aggressive in getting his replacement BEFORE they create ANOTHER needless hole to file.

I like JP better than TE but I still want him traded - look at the 3 possibilities of him backing up TE - 1. he doesn't get to play therefore keeping him is a waste 2. he plays but badly again a waste 3. he plays well and then we are back to QB controversy - I like none of those situations.

I like JP better than TE but I still want him traded - look at the 3 possibilities of him backing up TE - 1. he doesn't get to play therefore keeping him is a waste 2. he plays but badly again a waste 3. he plays well and then we are back to QB controversy - I like none of those situations.

yeah- the alternative is much better.

Trent gets hurt and we loe all of our games wth a scrub at QB

good plan! :thumbsup: