CB James To Bolster Secondary

Ajparso1

I have trouble thinking of positions I'd be LESS likely to draft in the 1st than cornerback...I'd prefer quarterback, running back, certainly safety...probably the only ones behind CB would be tackle, guard and linebacker. Really just don't see what a rookie cornerback is capable of adding to this team.

I don't see us going after a SS or FS in the draft. According to everything I have read, this is one of the weakest drafts in a long time at those positions.

The Bills' hot pursuit of McRee leads me to believe that Chris Brown was right about the idea of moving Whitner to Free Safety. The problem is that there aren't any real good safety prospects in this years draft. We do need to address the Defensive backfield but we need a starting Corner first and Safety depth second. There aren't any starting-caliber safeties in the later rounds. If there are, somebody point them out to me...

So the Bills looking at some veteran depth automatically means we are flipping Whitner? We needed depth at that position. McCree said he would go somewhere he had the chance to start, and then chose Denver. What does that tell you?