Bills visit with LB

Perhaps someone can help me out. But, I don't really get all the secrecy with the draft. I know teams do it; I get that. But, why? Does any team select a player just because some other team wants him? Is it because teams don't want someone trading above them to take the same guy? Either way, I'd say it would be stupid for a team to do that. It seems to me, you should do your research and draft the best player for your team and not worry about what other teams are doing.

Happy Easter.

Donahoe moved up to draft Denney because he heard that the Steelers were very interested in him. Look at how well that turned out.

They can make him ST captain to keep you happy <_<

he was appointed defensive captain by default.

How many defensive starters had less experience and were not injured?

Are you crazy? They picked the captains before anyone was hurt. They could've selected multiple guys with experience over Crowell (Triplett, McGee and, most of all, Schobel) but elected to go with Crowell.

Are you crazy? They picked the captains before anyone was hurt. They could've selected multiple guys with experience over Crowell (Triplett, McGee and, most of all, Schobel) but elected to go with Crowell.

my bad

the players voted for Kelsey (non-starter) and Crowell as defensive captains.

The guys evaluating the talent had nothing to do with the selections.

So if the opportunity to draft an impact playmaker at LB I don;t think the front office will be too concerned over who the players picked as captain last year.

my bad

the players voted for Kelsey (non-starter) and Crowell as defensive captains.

The guys evaluating the talent had nothing to do with the selections.

So if the opportunity to draft an impact playmaker at LB I don;t think the front office will be too concerned over who the players picked as captain last year.

Fair enough. I think they like Crowell and likely wouldn't select someone to replace him. But that's just my opinion.

I just don't see where he'd fit. I see Mayo as a guy who will be starting in the NFL shortly. We already have Crowell and Posluzsny as young, starting LBs. We just signed Kawika Mitchell.

I have to believe if we take a LB in the first or second round, it means we won't re-sign Crowell to a long-term deal after this season.

We run a lot of unorthodox Defensive packages in certain situations, like 3 safeties on the field, maybe 3 D-lineman and 4 LB'ers. I'm sure we can make him fit.

Anytime Buffalo links themselves publicly to a draft pick they never take him because it's just a red herring for other teams to think about. I can't remember a single player that anybody knew Buffalo had interest in that they took in the draft early.

Don't know if this fits your definition of early, but we all knew the Bills loved Dwayne Wright last year.