Age Old Question: Can Men & Women Be Just Friends?

billsdiva007

Wow, you are really wise beyond your years young man & I appreciate your input! Don't put up with the girl you like putting you down either, dude where were you when I was my 20's?

Well, thank you. Sometimes I feel like I'm too old for my age. As for the girl...well she's really good at liking me just enough for me not to get over her. I think she isn't ready for a serious relationship so the idea of being with me scares her. On the other hand, I might just be deluding myself. Something will work out.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, thank you. Sometimes I feel like I'm too old for my age. As for the girl...well she's really good at liking me just enough for me not to get over her. I think she isn't ready for a serious relationship so the idea of being with me scares her. On the other hand, I might just be deluding myself. Something will work out.

Oh grasshopper.....the only thing she isn't 'ready for' is for you to stop pumping her ego.

I know I deserve and can do better, I just need to believe that. :P

Yes, you do and it's good that you realize that. I wish I would have at your age, it would have saved me alot of pain & heartache dealing with some of the jerks that I did when I was younger. It will all work out though. :wallbash:

I'm a boy, early 20's, and have a friend who I really like that just wants to be friends. From the view of a guy I have some female friends who are just friends because I'm not attracted to. Some female friends I am attracted to, but I don't like their personalities enough to ever seriously consider anything beyond fantasy, then there are the rest. I asked out my friend who I liked and she turned me down.

So, you need to be very careful because being in his situation potentially, when she shows affection or interest in me it makes me think maybe she is reconsidering. Then I see her interested in someone else, mentally call myself an idiot and act moody around her because I blame her for something that isn't her fault. And I'm more thoughtful than the average guy.

Basically it would appear that your friend likes you enough that he doesn't want to upset you even over his own desire to be with you. That is really dangerous, because that means that this guy might not only really like you, but really care about you too, but not in the ONLY way you want him to.

One good way you could try to lessen some of the tension is...well talk to him about other girls, he must be at least interested in others. If not, he's crazy. If you truly have no attraction to him, then what do you care if he starts seeing other girls. If the thought of him spending most of/all of his time with other girls bugs you, then you're not being entirely honest with yourself and you're holding yourself back.

The girl I like goes out of her way sometimes to put me down. Not so much to be mean, but more so because I think deep down she wants to make sure she doesn't like me and make sure she isn't making she won't regret not being with me later down the line. She's very good at sending mixed messages and does just enough to make me think she might be interested. This boy was brave enough to put himself on the line and tell you how he feels. Make sure you are consistent and only act as a friend to him. Don't be flirty, don't run to him when you have a bad day, because my guess is he still really likes you and has just accepted the feelings aren't mutual.

Wow. This post has so many dead on points it's unreal. Bravo man, you just summed up being an early 20's guy perfectly. :P

I am really good friends with this one "girl" and want it to be more than that and want it to last forever. She started taking visits up to Toronto once a year to "keep herself romantically viable". Apparently I am small market boyfriend. I have a sick feeling that she is going to move up there for good.

:P

I am really good friends with this one "girl" and want it to be more than that and want it to last forever. She started taking visits up to Toronto once a year to "keep herself romantically viable". Apparently I am small market boyfriend. I have a sick feeling that she is going to move up there for good.

:P

Nah, Toronto is really just SuperiorKnowledge. When he's involved a man and a woman can just be friends.

not that there's anything wrong with that