Since people are talking about the glory days now

Adam

Now this may be a bit of stating the obvious, but this hit me like a ton of bricks the other day.

We went to four straight superbowls. That said- what it means is that minus just one season, we went to the superbowl for half a decade consecutively. That my friends, superbowl win or not, is a true sign of ABSOLUTE greatness. The four teams that beat us didn't do that. The Cowboys came close but fell short of reaching the game four straight times.

Right or wrong, I wouldn't trade the four straight for a win, but thats just me. It will NEVER be done again.

Now this may be a bit of stating the obvious, but this hit me like a ton of bricks the other day.

We went to four straight superbowls. That said- what it means is that minus just one season, we went to the superbowl for half a decade consecutively. That my friends, superbowl win or not, is a true sign of ABSOLUTE greatness. The four teams that beat us didn't do that. The Cowboys came close but fell short of reaching the game four straight times.

Right or wrong, I wouldn't trade the four straight for a win, but thats just me. It will NEVER be done again.

The Colts are my second favorite team.......

The Colts easily could have gone to the Superbowl 4 years this decade.. They did not... But won 1.... Trust me when I say you would rather have 1 win than 4 losses........

The parade and the joy in the City is something you have to experience....

I think Bills fans learned 2 of the best lessons in life. One, when you get kicked in the nads or punched in the gut...you get up off the floor, dust yourself off, and give another go at something you believe in. A lesser team would have been wrecked and given up. Life is full of tough breaks and heartaches, but if you love something enough, or know you are doing the right thing, suck the pain up and make yourself stronger because of it.

Number two.....along the same lines, but the Comeback game against Houston goes to show you never get lazy or underestimate someone or something....and hope with faith can be validated. If the Bills only had hope, they would have lost. They had faith in themselves, thus the hope was validated and a reversal took place. For those lucky enough to be there in person, it also showed that there is no better reward than to have faith an be redeemed. There were 50K left in the stands with 11:00 left in the 3rd quarter. For those that stayed the whole game, it was an amazing lesson. People were hugging each other, screaming in disbelief, crying....it was the day that defined being a Buffalonian in my mind, and much more meaningful than a SuperBowl win.

Getting kicked into the cheap seats in 3 of 4 consecutive SB appearances? You'd have to suspect that their HOF coach told the players "Party on, Garth!" or some such in the time leading up to the contests... Yes, it will never be done again.

:P

The Colts are my second favorite team.......

The Colts easily could have gone to the Superbowl 4 years this decade.. They did not... But won 1.... Trust me when I say you would rather have 1 win than 4 losses........

The parade and the joy in the City is something you have to experience....

I have no problem with that view, its just not my own. I just see it as one team will win the superbowl each year. No other team will make it to the game four straight times. Our team is uniquely great