Harvey-Sweed-Davis

Astrobot

The signing of William James and Bryan Scott help the Bills with their draft board, because it becomes less important to snag a CB with the #11 pick. I think the Bills still take a rookie CB, but perhaps not on Day 1 (Justin King, Antwaun Molden, Trae Williams and Patrick Lee should move up on the Bills' radar). The holes that are left for Rounds 1 and 2 are centering around a #2 WR and a TE, and perhaps a falling DE (more on that in a minute).

The Bills have had one WR in for a visit already, and he'd be a double help: Devin Thomas of Michigan State, Day 1's only WR/KR. They are said to have some interest in TE Kellen Davis, but he'd most likely be the RD#3 pick. There are only short receivers in RD#2.

What can we guess from this? Perhaps the Bills' plan is to do what they've done 3 times in the last 5 years: trade back into the bottom of the first round.

Perhaps they'll take DE Merling (whose injuries have caused him to slip a bit) or Hardy at #11, give up their 2nd rounder to trade back in for WR Kelly-Hardy-Sweed (the pick value is equivalent of RD#1 Cowboys pick #22) , and get Kellen Davis in RD#3.

Harvey-Sweed-Davis, anyone?

I don't think its necessary this year. The Bills are almost perfectly positioned and could very well have the chance to draft the best available WR or CB in R1 as well as the best available TE in R2, should they so choose. That takes care of two of their three most immediate needs and leaves them still with six more picks to play with.

In fact, I think its probably more likely this year that they'd trade up from round 3 into round 2 in order to secure a solid prospect for that final need position. That could yield a draft similar to this:

1) WR Limas Sweed

2) CB Antoine Cason

2) TE Martellus Bennett