interesting article

berndogg

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7921384...?-Eh,-not-quite

"Buffalo (11), Philadelphia (19), Tampa Bay (20), Washington (21), Dallas (22, 28) and San Francisco (29) could all be looking to snag a receiver with their upcoming first-round picks. Based on need, they may very well jump on one of the aforementioned '08 prospects. But are any of them among the top 31 players in this draft? Well, that's a tough call. A call I'm glad I don't have to make"

This is an interesting article. He has the Bills passing on a WR in the first round, and taking a CB instead (Leodis McKelvin, CB, Troy). And according to his mock, Kelly, Sweed, Thomas, and Jackson will all be gone before the 2nd round, leaving ... James Hardy in the second??

GO BILLS!

I don't think the Bills can HOPE one of the elite receivers falls to the 41st pick. I believe the Bills will be working the phones diligently to see if anyone wants to move up to #11, and if they don't find a partner... they will pick the top receiver on their board at #11. Ideally, they would like to move down and take a WR, CB and TE by pick #41.

Or, they could just do as they have done in the past two years. Assuming they do not have a WR ranked as high as #11, draft the player at a different position that they like there -- and then trade up from 41 to get one of the WRs. As a matter of fact, unless they REALLY, REALLY love one of the WRs enough to take him at 11 that is what I expect them to do.

Or, they could just do as they have done in the past two years. Assuming they do not have a WR ranked as high as #11, draft the player at a different position that they like there -- and then trade up from 41 to get one of the WRs. As a matter of fact, unless they REALLY, REALLY love one of the WRs enough to take him at 11 that is what I expect them to do.

I like that thought. Dallas would make a good partner at the #28 pick.

I don't think the Bills can HOPE one of the elite receivers falls to the 41st pick. I believe the Bills will be working the phones diligently to see if anyone wants to move up to #11, and if they don't find a partner... they will pick the top receiver on their board at #11. Ideally, they would like to move down and take a WR, CB and TE by pick #41.

There are no ELITE recievers in this draft.

Earl Bennett is probably the best option and they won't need to pick him at #11

The 1st round pick needs to be an impact playmaker - not a guy to fill out the #2 WR role

There are no ELITE recievers in this draft.

Earl Bennett is probably the best option and they won't need to pick him at #11

The 1st round pick needs to be an impact playmaker - not a guy to fill out the #2 WR role

Agreed. Taking the best player at OL, DL, LB, or CB -- whoever that may be -- will serve this team well.

trading down is our best option and picking up extra picks.

there may not be any top 10 pick WR's but a few of the WR on the board are worthy of 1st rd picks.

Yeah, we shouldn't get too hyped up about a WR.....It's almost impossible to take the right guy....Why not corner? James isn't the answer...

Here's another related WR article on Scout

http://buf.scout.com/2/739162.html

Give this man a prize.

Yeah, we shouldn't get too hyped up about a WR.....It's almost impossible to take the right guy....Why not corner? James isn't the answer...

Here's another related WR article on Scout

http://buf.scout.com/2/739162.html

I'd be dissapointed in a CB in round #1 unless we trade down and gain picks and end up trading back into the late 1st rd ... Our CB problems were more of pass rush problem then a CB problem. Plus the cover 2 odesn't require a shutdown CB

I'd rather draft a LB, DL, or OL before CB at #11.

but we need 2 WR's out of the draft... and we need a bonafide TE threat to develope. that is why I support the trade down theory. We can get one of the top 3 WR's and not have to reach at #11, while still having a chance at one of the top CB's

I don't know why everyone is wanting a receiving TE. When was the last time Buffalo incorporated one into their offense? I agree that a #2 wide receiver is a priority but not with the #11 pick overall. Prepare yourselves for a DL and DE Derrick Harvey would be my choice.

but we need 2 WR's out of the draft... and we need a bonafide TE threat to develope. that is why I support the trade down theory. We can get one of the top 3 WR's and not have to reach at #11, while still having a chance at one of the top CB's

Where is this 2 WR thing coming from? The Bills normally carry 5 WRs, three spots are already occupied by Reed, Evans, Parrish. The 5th normally plays special teams. Are any of these three going to be gunners on special teams? Let the 5th spot be covered by a late round draft pick, not first day.

Yeah....but the Bills need another wideout. That trio just can't get it done...

Unless the Bills are sold on Royal and Anderson, a tight end should be in the books too. Just saw on scout.com that the ND's Carlson will be visiting Buffalo. He's not Fred Davis, but a good pick nonetheless.

any thoughts?

I don't know why everyone is wanting a receiving TE. When was the last time Buffalo incorporated one into their offense? I agree that a #2 wide receiver is a priority but not with the #11 pick overall. Prepare yourselves for a DL and DE Derrick Harvey would be my choice.

I keep thinking the trenches is what will be addressed with our 1st selection. Tipster, I'd be ecstatic with Harvey!

I keep thinking the trenches is what will be addressed with our 1st selection. Tipster, I'd be ecstatic with Harvey!

So would I. I was listening to Sirius radio today and there was a Buffalo fan calling in and asking about our pick at #11 and what we should do. I won't reveal his whole conversation in case he wants to post it himself. In Tim Hasselbeck's response he was stating that if we went for a CB it wouldn't be a bad choice either. He then went on about Rodgers-Cromartie. I'm not sure if the guy he was talking about was DR-C's agent, trainer or whatever but apparently this guy has been associated with 96? draft picks and one who was even drafted at the 5 or 6 pick overall. Whoever this guy is said that DR-C is another Deion Sanders. Wow! If there is any truth to this, and I myself have no idea about it, then I would love to see Buffalo take DR-C if for some reason we didn't get Harvey.

I don't why so many people want Buffalo to take a #2 receiver with the #11 pick, especially when there is plenty to be taken in the 2nd and 3rd rds. Buffalo wasn't able to secure the likes of Ernest Woolford and Bryant Johnson and now there is pandemonium for them to take a receiver with our first pick and some are even suggesting that we take TWO receivers within our first four picks! That one has got me laughing my @$$ off. Oh man, some of you guys are funny! All we need is a #2 receiver, that's it. As long as we don't make a trade of some kind, we'll be taking a defensive player first, that's for sure.