doesnt look like adrian peterson would fit in our new system

BILLS #1

By the 1 of the questions in his interview..doesnt seem like he would be our rb with our new singleback system..

Q: What kind of offense do you fit into best?

A: I think I would fit into an I formation, with a fullback in front of me. He can open some holes for me and give me the opportunity to make some cuts.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=draf...n&type=lgns

By the 1 of the questions in his interview..doesnt seem like he would be our rb with our new singleback system..

Q: What kind of offense do you fit into best?

A: I think I would fit into an I formation, with a fullback in front of me. He can open some holes for me and give me the opportunity to make some cuts.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=draf...n&type=lgns

Interesting... Somehow I just have a feeling that Marv and the gang are not focusing much on AP anyway.

Well oh snaps who wants a rb with tremendous speed, who runs angry and is a guy you can absolutely build an offense around, because he doesnt fit into a preconceived notion of a system. Everyone knows you need to get players to fit the system rather then elite players you can build a system around :thumbsup:

Well oh snaps who wants a rb with tremendous speed, who runs angry and is a guy you can absolutely build an offense around, because he doesnt fit into a preconceived notion of a system. Everyone knows you need to get players to fit the system rather then elite players you can build a system around :thumbsup:

Thats true, but you also don't change your system completly for an unproven rookie who could become great in the NFL, but is still an unproven rookie

You build your team around whatever system you coaches are comfortable with and know the best. You bring in players that fit this system and get rid of the ones that don't fit this system.

You build your team around whatever system you coaches are comfortable with and know the best. You bring in players that fit this system and get rid of the ones that don't fit this system.

True but I hardly think the bills currently qualify for this method. Due to lack of top tier talent. I wouldn't pigeon hold this offense into a system and negate a player with the potential of adrian peterson assuming we can trade up or by some slim/none chance he lands at 12.

I think the scouts will determine what kind of offense his style fits. He was asked his preference. I don't really care what his preference is. Modrack expressly said that Peterson was the top rb in the draft - too bad he'll almost certainly be gone by 12.

True but I hardly think the bills currently qualify for this method. Due to lack of top tier talent. I wouldn't pigeon hold this offense into a system and negate a player with the potential of adrian peterson assuming we can trade up or by some slim/none chance he lands at 12.

I agree, but right now the system AP is saying is his preference does not suit the Bills because it adds another need to their list, a FB. Its still possible that he fits Buffalos current system because they did say they are going to use the TE's as fullbacks (and Cieslak is supposed to be an option at FB and is a TE, plus Royals strength is as a blocker, and thats really all AP is saying, he likes having someone to block in front of him when he runs

We had a system ?? Sorry I missed that. I guess that 1st and 10 'off tackle' and then the second and 12 'hope and a prayer' would be hard to change. Sorry Adrian ,you just don't fit !! A-Train- A-Train- CHOO CHOO !! Playoffs here we come !!!!

We aren't getting a fullback b/c the tight ends are going to assume that roll so the I is still there, just not exclusively. If I remember correctly Brad C was pretty good at opening some holes here and there.