Wearing a hat during the National Anthem

OnTheRocks

To answer the questions asked above:

Do you remove your hat during the National Anthem? YES

If you were at a game with friends and they didn't remove their hat would you instruct them to do so? YES

If you were at a game and saw a stranger that had their hat on, would you ask them to remove it? YES

If you were at a game and saw a stranger that had their hat on, would you tell them to remove it? YES, if they didn't do it when I asked them to.

If they still refuse, it will be removed for them.

To sum things up:

Removing your hat during the National Anthem is mandatory.

Anyone who thinks otherwise, was not raised properly.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who thinks otherwise, was not raised properly.

So you think forcing others to do something shows respect of any kind by the person you are forcing? Do you understand the nature of respect? That it is something that must be freely given by a person towards another person, institution, country, God, etc.?

The only thing that is shown by forcing someone to take off their hat is disrespect of another human being's autonomy, however distasteful you, others, or myself might find it. So how does that breed respect for flag and country in other people?

If you were at a game with friends and they didn't remove their hat would you instruct them to do so?

If you were at a game and saw a stranger that had their hat on, would you ask them to remove it?

I would ask them if they know they're supposed to, and let them do what they want. Because although I like to cure people's ignorance, I also believe people have a Constitutionally protected right to act like complete ass holes.

So you think forcing others to do something shows respect of any kind by the person you are forcing? Do you understand the nature of respect? That it is something that must be freely given by a person towards another person, institution, country, God, etc.?

The only thing that is shown by forcing someone to take off their hat is disrespect of another human being's autonomy, however distasteful you, others, or myself might find it. So how does that breed respect for flag and country in other people?

I'll add you to the "not raised properly" category.

And if you are there with me, then yes I will remove your hat for you if you don't. If you are not with me, but sitting in front or next to me, I will tell you to remove your hat. I think that's pretty cut and dry. And if you fall into the first part, you probably will never go to another game with me again.

If you tried to remove my hat without my consent I would shove my hat right up your ass. What are you some kind of tough guy?

If you tried to remove my hat without my consent I would shove my hat right up your ass. What are you some kind of tough guy?

Which begs the question....if you have a hat shoved up your ass during the National Anthem...do you remove it?

Teaching a kid to forcibly remove someone else's hat during the National Anthem is raising them properly???? :beer:

Yeah. You've got to make people show respect. Whenever I meet someone for the first time, I always shake their hand. If they don't put their hand out to shake, I dislocate their arm, knock them on the floor, grab their hand and give it a firm shake. It always feels good to get respected with a handshake, voluntary or not. I guess I am just old school.