From SI Truths/Rumours

"Two weeks before the NFL draft, it's safe to assume the Steelers won't select Penn State linebacker Paul Posluszny with their first-round pick. Posluszny, who could be drafted as high as No. 12 by Buffalo, has interviews scheduled with San Diego and New Orleans. Other teams targeting Posluszny include Jacksonville, Carolina, Denver, Cincinnati and the Giants.

-- Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

"

I would sheet a brick if we pick Mr. Pos at 12... it would be another whitner pick. We'd have to hear about how far we reached for months

The Difference being Whitner wasn't in recovering stages from a knee injury that hampered his speed his final year in college. That caused him to be a beat slow in reacting towards the ball. I'm not thrilled by the idea by drafting a lb who has a broken wheel in a defense entirely based on speed.

"Two weeks before the NFL draft, it's safe to assume the Steelers won't select Penn State linebacker Paul Posluszny with their first-round pick. Posluszny, who could be drafted as high as No. 12 by Buffalo, has interviews scheduled with San Diego and New Orleans. Other teams targeting Posluszny include Jacksonville, Carolina, Denver, Cincinnati and the Giants.

-- Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

"

I would sheet a brick if we pick Mr. Pos at 12... it would be another whitner pick. We'd have to hear about how far we reached for months

Well...While Posluszny certainly does fit the intangibles Marv is always looking for, he does not have the one common thread all of last Years Defensive Picks had in abundance and that is excellent speed at their Position...His Pro Day results were better than his Combine times (4.70 Combine, 4.58 Pro Day), but even the Pro Day times were not outstanding (he also ran a 4.62 at his Pro Day). Only pointing this out because speed seemed to be the theme with Last Years Defensive Draft Picks and Willis is VERY fast for a ILB...VERY Fast... :devil:

Trying to find mocks from last year and could only find one... Had Donte getting taken by the Seahawks 1st round.

What was the general consensus on where he was going last year in mocks? If he was considered a first rounder and Michael Huff was taken beforehand... what was the big deal?

This also makes me think the Bills are really looking to go LB in round one. McShay had them taking Willis yesterday, but POZ has a lot of smarts and leadership skills. Plus, a lot of fans would be happy to get POZ because he is a "character guy." All that being said, Willis looks like a workout freak and played with almost no help at Ole Miss. POZ played with some good players in his great junior year and this less-great senior season. If you saw him play later in the season, though, it looks like the knee will be fine.