Who Will We Play on the Road AFTER they "Byed"?

Okay, so the schedule comes out tomorrow (Wed 4-11-07). Who will get to play us AT HOME, after they were on their bye week, and we were likely on the road also the week before. It was the Pats this year. Do we get bent over again like this again this year? It would be the umpteenth time.

For those of you who don't by into those conspiracy theories, etc. just take a look at the schedules of the last 5 years or so. It is unmistakeable and cannot be attributed to coincidence. The schedule makers will reem us again with a road divisional game, with our opponent coming off their bye, with us likely on the road for the 2nd consecutive week.

Can anyone verify the amount of times that the Bills have played a team coming off their bye in the last 5 years as compared to all of the other teams? It would be interesting to see those numbers. I'm willing to bet that we've played teams coming off their byes more frequently than anyone, or at least in the top 3.

Okay, so the schedule comes out tomorrow (Wed 4-11-07). Who will get to play us AT HOME, after they were on their bye week, and we were likely on the road also the week before. It was the Pats this year. Do we get bent over again like this again this year? It would be the umpteenth time.

For those of you who don't by into those conspiracy theories, etc. just take a look at the schedules of the last 5 years or so. It is unmistakeable and cannot be attributed to coincidence. The schedule makers will reem us again with a road divisional game, with our opponent coming off their bye, with us likely on the road for the 2nd consecutive week.

Can anyone verify the amount of times that the Bills have played a team coming off their bye in the last 5 years as compared to all of the other teams? It would be interesting to see those numbers. I'm willing to bet that we've played teams coming off their byes more frequently than anyone, or at least in the top 3.

the bills have faced the patriots after their bye week 3 or 4 times since 2000 at least. :D

the bills have faced the patriots after their bye week 3 or 4 times since 2000 at least. :D

I didn't realize that the schedule-makers were quite that obvious and transparently ridiculous. That is freakin' gross. We have enough of a hard time competing with out this built in handicap. This is total B.S.

When the release of the schedule was delayed, I joked with my friends that the reason for the delay was because the league forgot to schedule the Bills road game against the Pats after the Pats bye week, since it seems to happen every year! :D

After NE bye week

2000 Buffalo @ N.E Buf 16-13

2001 N.E. @ Carolina

2002 Den @ NE ( bills/ pats the next week)

2003 Dal @ NE

2004 NE @ Buf (31-17 Pats)

2005 Buf @ NE (21-16 pats)

2006 NE @ Buf (28-6 Pats)

I think Ralph has a reason to B word if it happens for a 4th year in a row

After NE bye week

2000 Buffalo @ N.E Buf 16-13

2001 N.E. @ Carolina

2002 Den @ NE ( bills/ pats the next week)

2003 Dal @ NE

2004 NE @ Buf (31-17 Pats)

2005 Buf @ NE (21-16 pats)

2006 NE @ Buf (28-6 Pats)

I think Ralph has a reason to B word if it happens for a 4th year in a row

2004 we also were coming off a bye. So you really can not count that year.

2004 we also were coming off a bye. So you really can not count that year.

sure you can... the pats have had 2 weeks to prepare for the Bills for at least one game since 2004, and last year they had 2 weeks to prep for both games. that is not right to do any team

sure you can... the pats have had 2 weeks to prepare for the Bills for at least one game since 2004, and last year they had 2 weeks to prep for both games. that is not right to do any team

All I was saying was dont count 2004 as part of your conspiracy theory because we had a week off before the game also.

I never understood why they cant schedule teams that play each other both coming off a bye. It seems to me it would be rather easy to do. Just have a whole division be on the bye week at the same time & then schedule division matchups the week after. Doesnt seem to complicated.

Does it matter?

How come it matters? Because it doesn't seem to when we get a few extra wins under similar circumstances for our opponents, but when it happens to us all of a sudden it's unfair and plays a role.

Considering Tom Brady has shown he can beat the Bills on a regular basis, I'm sure he'd rather have the bye come before one of their tougher opponents, like San Diego or Cincy.

In Buffalo no less.

Gotta love it... just gotta freakin' love it...

Can the league give Tom Brady anymore help?

Why do you think the schedule was delayed? Obviously the Pats did NOT get to play the Bills after their bye week this year, the Pats caught it before it came out, and the schedule had to be reworked.

Maybe it was delayed because the Bills realized our home game with Miami was NOT in December, and Ralph pulled a few strings to get that fixed! :w00t:

GO BILLS!

Does anyone know the win/loss % for teams after their bye week? If there is a big advantage then this should absolutely be a factor in making the schedule. When the schedule came out, I knew just knew we would play the Pats after their bye week. It's not a matter of IF, only WHEN.

Does anyone know the win/loss % for teams after their bye week? If there is a big advantage then this should absolutely be a factor in making the schedule. When the schedule came out, I knew just knew we would play the Pats after their bye week. It's not a matter of IF, only WHEN.

Nice breakdown by clownments22

Teams seem to win 53-54% of the time the week after their bye.