Bill O'Reily/Geraldo Big Angry Fight

Stl Bills

Clearly that was the issue as O'Reilly wanted to frame it. However, drunk driving is TOTALLY unrelated to illegal immigration. The question really remains, was the law followed. Jerry Rivers said it was...no felony, no other crime that demands immediate deportation. O'Reilly had no clear answer for that.

So illegals can stay as long as they don't commit felonies?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

honestly, i thought O' Reilly was the bigger douche in this one. Rivera at least made a good point, about how no one would give a damn if the guy was American and that the bigger issue should be Drunken Driving. That said i think they went to a bar afterwards and had a few drinks together.

Totally agree; and I usually agree w/ O'Reilly.

I'm really surprised at some of the people's attitudes about this whole situation.

Some of you actually think they were just yelling at each other for the ratings? :thumbdown:

jzmack Posted Today, 03:56 PM

honestly, i thought O' Reilly was the bigger douche in this one. Rivera at least made a good point, about how no one would give a damn if the guy was American and that the bigger issue should be Drunken Driving. That said i think they went to a bar afterwards and had a few drinks together.

Rivera does make a good point here, yet he completely ignores the situation that this guy was arrested previously, and was still allowed to roam free. Of course Rivera has always been extremely soft about solving the border issues. IMO he is the one who is clueless.

JimBob2232 Posted Today, 04:06 PM

QUOTE(jzmack @ Apr 7 2007, 04:56 PM)

Except the ISSUE wasnt drunk driving. The ISSUE was an illegal alien was arrested for breaking the law and was not deported. Turned into a major story when he killed someone. Lets say an illegal alien was arrested for breaking a traffic law, allowed to stay in the country and a month later flew a plane into a skyscraper (hmm...sounds eerily familiar). There are 2 issues. 1) how do we stop others from flying planes into buildings and 2) why was he allowed to stay in the country after he was arrested? Same issue.

JimBob, you hit the nail on the head here. This is the one thing that astounds me. How can illegals remain in this country even after they've been arrested.

The Dean Posted Today, 04:48 PM

QUOTE(JimBob2232 @ Apr 7 2007, 05:06 PM)

Except the ISSUE wasnt drunk driving. The ISSUE was an illegal alien was arrested for breaking the law and was not deported. Turned into a major story when he killed someone. Lets say an illegal alien was arrested for breaking a traffic law, allowed to stay in the country and a month later flew a plane into a skyscraper (hmm...sounds eerily familiar). There are 2 issues. 1) how do we stop others from flying planes into buildings and 2) why was he allowed to stay in the country after he was arrested? Same issue.

Clearly that was the issue as O'Reilly wanted to frame it. However, drunk driving is TOTALLY unrelated to illegal immigration. The question really remains, was the law followed. Jerry Rivers said it was...no felony, no other crime that demands immediate deportation. O'Reilly had no clear answer for that.

He is a man on a mission using WHATEVER IT TAKES to make a point w/o regard to relevance or impact on others. He is a circus side-show, best ignored.

The Dean, you have got to be kidding me? "The issue as O'Reilly wanted to frame it?" How did he frame it? The guy was driving while drunk. He was an illegal alien. He killed two girls. He had a rap sheet. He had been arrested prior to this, and was allowed to stay in the country. The only way O'Reilly framed it was by stating the facts of the case.

As far as Rivera saying there was no other crime that called for deportation, how about the fact that the guy was here illegaly? Sounds like grounds for deportation to me.

As for your other comments on O'Reilly, it's obvious you despise the guy, so I can not say anything that would make you think he does make great points on certain issues. Let me just say that if it was'nt for O'Reilly, this story would not have been reported on a major scale elsewhere. Because I sure as hell ahave not heard any other major news network talk about this story.

I dunno... I think it is a bigger crime to kill someone by being a dumb S.O.B that is drunk and on the road, regardless of nationality. Do I think that he shouldn't have been here? Most certainly not, but we have so many illegals here that it is impossible to keep them all out.

Heh, this was a great argument between two media people. You have the one side who views illegal aliens as being the biggest threat to this country being represented, and you have everyone else represented as people who can sympathize with someone being killed.

If somehow, some way O"Reilly/Rivera DIDN'T do this for ratings, the producers sure did know whats going to make a good television piece

I'm really surprised at some of the people's attitudes about this whole situation.

Some of you actually think they were just yelling at each other for the ratings? :thumbdown:

You think that stuff is done on TV which ISN'T caluculated specifically for ratings? :wallbash:

You think that stuff is done on TV which ISN'T caluculated specifically for ratings? B-)

Yes I do think things are calculated for ratings. For tv shows like "Lost", "24", "Prison Break", "Heroes", "Supernatural"....etc.

But as far as what happened with O'Reilly & Rivera, I do not believe that moment falls in that category. I watch O'Reilly on a regular basis, and he's talked with Rivera on numerous occasions, and I've never seen the two of them yell at each other like that before. I believe you had two men who are so empassioned about their beliefs in that instance and they just let it show through.

I thought it was kind of refreshing to see.

Yes I do think things are calculated for ratings. For tv shows like "Lost", "24", "Prison Break", "Heroes", "Supernatural"....etc.

But as far as what happened with O'Reilly & Rivera, I do not believe that moment falls in that category. I watch O'Reilly on a regular basis, and he's talked with Rivera on numerous occasions, and I've never seen the two of them yell at each other like that before. I believe you had two men who are so empassioned about their beliefs in that instance and they just let it show through.

I thought it was kind of refreshing to see.

I don't want to get into the political aspects of this issue as they are too involved for this forum. As for the likes of Jerry Rivers and O'Reilly, Rush (and most others, liberal and conservative), I believe they once had principals and convictions. That time has long past. They are carnival sideshows who pander to their respective audiences. Original and progressive thought has long disappeared from these programs.

Trust me, EVERYTHING these guys do is calculated and ratings are a BIG part of it. They are to intelligent discourse what Brittany Spears is to...well, intelligent discourse...and music. Produced, packaged and marketed for you consumption.

I'd LOVE to say that, as I despise Rivera. But I disagree totally. He is actually right in this crapfest. Bill O used a tragedy that had NOTHING to do with illegal aliens to pimp his cause, and in the meantime, cause undue pain for others.

I hope we agree both of these morons are insensitive, opportunistic douchebags.

I agree. If we were actually interested in dealing with this problem we'd be putting the folks who hire the illegal aliens in jail and/or imposing crippling fines. Easily fixed problem if anyone had the will to do it.

Geraldo is absolutely right. The case is about a drunk driver, not about illegal aliens.

It’s an issue of both drunk driving and Illegal Mexicans who drive drunk here. Mexicans are not educated about the dangers of drunk driving to the same degree that American kids are. They are not bombarded each day in the media, from authorities and through PSAs. I don’t know if you have ever driven in Mexico but I swear drunk driving is a national pastime in some parts of the country!

How many times did he kill a girl while driving drunk?

What difference does that make? He is an illegal alien with an arrest record. Are you making a case that it is OK for illegal aliens to drive drunk providing they don't kill anybody?

This is a picture of a town in Long Island in which my friend lives. Each day, thousands of illegals line the streets. Many live in safe houses, some of which were condemned for having as many as 64 persons living in small homes with exposed wires and other safety hazzards. The back yard was used as a bathroom.

If this is what you want, perhaps you and Joe Six Pack can look for a house together in Farmingville, where the 2 of you can meditate together in bliss, and share the love. :devil:B-)

What difference does that make? He is an illegal alien with an arrest record. Are you making a case that it is OK for illegal aliens to drive drunk providing they don't kill anybody?

This is a picture of a town in Long Island in which my friend lives. Each day, thousands of illegals line the streets. Many live in safe houses, some of which were condemned for having as many as 64 persons living in small homes with exposed wires and other safety hazzards. The back yard was used as a bathroom.

If this is what you want, perhaps you and Joe Six Pack can look for a house together in Farmingville, where the 2 of you can meditate together in bliss, and share the love. :devil:B-)

Is that guy grabbing his package for the camera? What a statement on how much they respect our Border policies.

I’m sure glad I live in such a cold weather climate cause it drives all the rift raft out.

Is that guy grabbing his package for the camera? What a statement on how much they respect our Border policies.

I’m sure glad I live in such a cold weather climate cause it drives all the rift raft out.

This picture is taken in LONG ISLAND.