Turner's price has went down.

CHARGERS WILLING TO TAKE LESS THAN A FIRST-ROUNDER FOR TURNER?

An industry source tells us that the San Diego Chargers might be willing to accept a trade proposal for running back Michael Turner that includes less than a first-round pick.

Though Turner is tendered as a restricted free agent at the highest possible level, which would require compensation in the amount of a first-round pick and a third-round pick, no one is expected to give up that much for a guy who'll be unrestricted in 2008.

Per the source, G.M. A.J. Smith could be ready to accept a second-round pick this year and a second-round pick or a third-round pick in 2008 for Turner's rights.

The thinking is that Smith wants to end up with three picks in the first two rounds of this year's draft, so that the team can fill needs at receiver, safety, linebacker, and guard with guys who are ready to play right now.

Turner has visited the Titans and the Bills this week

I would be happier than a pig in his own feces if we got Turner for a 2nd! Then we could draft P.Willie in rd one, and we would be stacked!

Only worth a 3rd rounder :w00t: Rather shoot for Adrian!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the suspension of Pacman Jones, could this mean that the bills could be the only option for the Turner trade? I just can't see them trading picks away for a rb when they may have to address other needs. IMHO

I'd have to believe you're absolutely right. If anything, NOW is the time to remain silent on the Turner deal and see if AJ is ready to compromise or if he truly believes his own marketing.

With the suspension of Pacman Jones, could this mean that the bills could be the only option for the Turner trade? I just can't see them trading picks away for a rb when they may have to address other needs. IMHO

Why would the Pac man situation effect Turner , the titans were fully aware of the situation before entering into negotiations and based on the trade rumors swapping 1st and getting the Titan 2nd round pick nets the Titans the same number of warm bodies as they will net with out a trade.

Why would the Pac man situation effect Turner , the titans were fully aware of the situation before entering into negotiations and based on the trade rumors swapping 1st and getting the Titan 2nd round pick nets the Titans the same number of warm bodies as they will net with out a trade.

:D :D :lol:

Let me try that again.

Why would the Pac man situation effect Turner , the titans were fully aware of the situation before entering into negotiations and based on the trade rumors the teams are swapping 1st and the Chargers are getting the Titan 2nd round pick. That nets the Titans the same number of warm bodies as they will net with out a trade.

Let me try that again.

Why would the Pac man situation effect Turner , the titans were fully aware of the situation before entering into negotiations and based on the trade rumors the teams are swapping 1st and the Chargers are getting the Titan 2nd round pick. That nets the Titans the same number of warm bodies as they will net with out a trade.

Because they might just wanna sit at there spot and select a DB or WR 1st round. I think it would be a wise thing to do

Because they might just wanna sit at there spot and select a DB or WR 1st round. I think it would be wise thing to do

They will have a very good selection at either position at 30 # , the draft is very deep at both positions.

CHARGERS WILLING TO TAKE LESS THAN A FIRST-ROUNDER FOR TURNER?

An industry source tells us that the San Diego Chargers might be willing to accept a trade proposal for running back Michael Turner that includes less than a first-round pick.

Though Turner is tendered as a restricted free agent at the highest possible level, which would require compensation in the amount of a first-round pick and a third-round pick, no one is expected to give up that much for a guy who'll be unrestricted in 2008.

Per the source, G.M. A.J. Smith could be ready to accept a second-round pick this year and a second-round pick or a third-round pick in 2008 for Turner's rights.

The thinking is that Smith wants to end up with three picks in the first two rounds of this year's draft, so that the team can fill needs at receiver, safety, linebacker, and guard with guys who are ready to play right now.

Turner has visited the Titans and the Bills this week

I would be happier than a pig in his own feces if we got Turner for a 2nd! Then we could draft P.Willie in rd one, and we would be stacked!

He's overpriced! That many picks for a guy who's never made the PB? WTF???????? :D

Let me try that again.

Who knows if they had an idea that Jones would be suspended, much less for the entire year. Or even if he weren't, whether they would have suspended him themselves.

In any case, they have several holes to fill, and already have a high draft pick RB on their roster in White. But hey, if they want to swap firsts and throw in a 2nd (I heard 3rd), they can have him.